1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Daily LeBron Odds Tracker

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Coach E, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Edit: My bad, I misread what you said. Either way though, his cap hit remains for this year if you buy him out. It still solves nothing.

2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i wonder how long after. i was hoping they could announce a ryno trade at the start of the second round next week :D

3. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

That would be bad. Ryno needs to be PART of the LeBron deal in order to make it work. If we trade Ryno before the actual trade, that means we missed out on LeBron and PG.

4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i'm thinking if he gets traded for a couple 1 year deals instead of his 2 year deal, for instance. something more palatable to CLE

5. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

Maybe Lebron would come to Houston but just like us isn’t very optimistic about the likelihood of that happening while keeping a competitive team.

6. Vivi

Vivi Member

I actually think i read someone saying sometime after the moratorium in early July, which is when we can also trade Aaron Jackson btw...assuming we'll pick up the team option.

But anyway, a trade can be agreed early and get executed later so...

#486 Vivi, Jun 13, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
    joshuaao and pippendagimp like this.
  7. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

Swapping picks won't do anybody any good. We will be at the bottom of the draft order. If we swapped, more than likely, we would move up and the other team down.

8. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah of course, that would've to be with some protection or right to swap for them, and it's obviously not great, but it's still better than nothing i guess, you never know how this team would be in 2022.

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

:rolleyes:

[On Philly radio]

I saw this report you put out he'll inform the Cavs. Is that widely known? How did you find out [before others]?

I got a text Monday afternoon from a reliable source. The source let me know 4 years ago [he was returning to Cleveland] before he returned to Cleveland. It's not just him. It's others in Cleveland. These meetings are common, even for players of LeBron's caliber. Kyrie met last year before that leaked out. LeBron meeting is a formality. It's will he opt in or opt out?

#489 J.R., Jun 13, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  10. J.R.

J.R. Member

11. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

A Rockets team with Paul, James, and Harden at the core is better than any team the rockets can muster without lebron period.

DonKnock, amaru and everyday eddie like this.
  12. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

As the Lebron to LA momentum picks up from the media, just remember that for the Rockets to get LeBron via an "opt-in and trade" they need a *legit threat* of LeBron leaving the Cavs for nothing. The Rockets need "leverage." They need this LA media push. Just sayin'.

DonKnock, today, thaGREATwall and 2 others like this.
  14. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

Great point! Also, Vegas has to make SOME money. It's good for Tilman's bank account before it takes a massive hit due to next year's luxury tax. :)

15. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

What are the odds at the Golden Nugget?

16. UrbanEnterprise

I think he's telling Cleveland that he wants to go to Houston. You got 2 weeks to figure it out to get something in return, if not I'm going to LA

DonKnock, joshuaao, Cash Cam and 3 others like this.
  17. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

I can see that happening.

DonKnock likes this.
  18. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Has he met the Cavs yet, any news ???

19. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Writing is on the wall for the Cavs. ...they have to know he is leaving....

amaru likes this.
  20. aroundtheblock2

I'd be shocked if he was that specific. I bet he just sat down and told them they have a chance to keep him if they can make some moves but he plans on looking around until those moves are made if theyre made. He definitely wants to give Cleveland the first swing at this because he probably really doesnt want to leave there...but unfortunately the roster situation dictates that he must in order to win any more championships (pending any further moves, which probably wont happen).