1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LeBron to Houston - No Thanks!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Quinncy, Jun 12, 2018.

1. theimpossibles1

Please shut up OP.

bilaal14 and RasaqBoi like this.
  2. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I'd donate my freakin left nut for a championship... are you kidding me?! If lebron wants to come here (even though there are signs that he won't), you throw rose petals down to his feet as he gets off the plane. Bet your damn skippy, you sign him and the horse he is riding on.

Rocket River, luckyman76 and D-rock like this.
  3. noppeper

noppeper Member

The thing about adding Lebron to the Rockets, the main thing here, is that he just fits. He fits with our ISO heavy drive and kick, pick and roll offense. He fits with our switch everything defense. He can be on the court when we go big, or small. He can kick back and relax during the dog days of the season and let another star take over. He can practice every day against The Dream in the post and hopefully continue to expand his post game. He can add to the winning culture, IF he just wants to be one of the guys. If he doesn't, he'll probably be a Laker or stay in Cleveland.

Yeah. he will make the Rockets really good, but mainly because he is just a REALLY good player being plugged into a role that lesser players, such as Gordon, Ariza and PJ Tucker, are filling for the current team. You replace one of those with Lebron and the wheels continue to move unencumbered, just at a higher level. The team won't be losing its soul or selling out, they will just get better, and in the process, help Lebron himself be better.

Also, having him aboard doesn't guarantee blowouts and a championship. They will all have to play the games and contribute their share, as GSW, Celtics, heck even up and comers like Utah and Philly are still going to be a match for the Rockets, even with Lebron.

The way I see it, Lebron needs the Rockets and the Rockets need him. I'm pretty sure the Rockets management wants him, because Morey thankfully is not driven by emotions as much as OP and others are. The real question then becomes: does Lebron WANT the Rockets?

joshuaao, luckyman76, BigO and 2 others like this.
  4. Blackjack84

Blackjack84 Member

yes that's what we want

5. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

The river oaks 5

Trust me, when it happens you will love the domination

luckyman76, hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  6. roslolian

roslolian Member

So what? Them being bandwagoners and fake ass fans have nothing to do with Golden State being a powerhouse. Do people make fun of them for having 4 all stars on the team? Do people mock them for having the strongest team in the league?

You didn't answer my question, you want the team to be weak but then you want them to win a ring. How is that gonna happen?

luckyman76 and D-rock like this.
  7. roslolian

roslolian Member

People here forget, GSW was down Iggy.

If GSW was at full health, Harden and Cp3 by themselves ain't gonna get it done. Rox haven't beaten GSW in series once yet posters are saying they don't wanna win with Lebron. Do you wanna keep losing without Lebron instead?

OP must be a GSW fan I've never seen a Rocket fan who would rather lose than add the best player of this era to his team. How many GSW fans were rioting and protesting when KD joined GSW? LoL!

8. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

We need another star. I don't care who it is

joshuaao, Marteen and hakeem94 like this.
  9. TheSource

TheSource Member

I still think that our priority should be Paul George. I know its a long shot but he is 15 million dollars cheaper than Lebron if he opts in. I would rather us pursue this because we wouldn't have to gut our team for one player. I mean yea if we get Lebron that's great but what will we have left around the team especially if we match Clint's contract?

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Jimmy Buckets before PG13 in my mind. Butler would be a demon under Bzdelik.

So would Aaron Gordon. Just don't see the same kind of fire from George.

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Truth!! Lebron would be amazing in this offense as well as the switch D. And he's smart, not just high BB IQ. He knows the media are pushing a narrative and trying to detour him from the surest thing ther is in NBA. Lebron knows very well that only the Rockets have pushed GSW to the breaking point WITHOUT Lebron. The difference was a sprained CP3 hamstring. But without Lebron the outcome is still up in the air next season.

With Lebron, Houston becomes a force of nature and takes this historically good offense to worlds beyond worlds. His legacy is his to write. He will never have an easier road to a ring(s), forget just getting to the finals.

#51 D-rock, Jun 13, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
    luckyman76, ilovehtownbb and hakeem94 like this.
  12. Rocket_Man_2.0

I used to think like you...but that was before Kevin Durant f*cked everything up!! Now i'm like bring on Lebron..fight fire with fire..I can't stand the Warriors..whatever it takes beat them! If they have a super team..we need to create a super duper team!!:mad:

BigO likes this.
  13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

he could get more rings than mj here and better historical regular season record than the worriers

luckyman76 and D-rock like this.
  14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

still waiting for the answer...

15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Durant didn ruin everything, the refs did. Durant would have lost this year were it not for the biased calls vs houston.

i.d.i.o.t.

luckyman76 likes this.
  16. Rocket_Man_2.0

If the reffing is bias the only way Rockets can get a fair shake is with Lebron! The NBA will do what makes the most money. Warriors vs Cavs finals over Rockets vs Cavs finals $$$$ wise!! We need a team so good they can't rig it without looking ridiculous!!

#56 Rocket_Man_2.0, Jun 13, 2018
    hakeem94 and BigO like this.
  17. Rocket_Man_2.0

Look at what we're up against...a Warriors team with 4 all stars+3 crooked refs...and you don't want Lebron! OP you crazy!!o_O

#57 Rocket_Man_2.0, Jun 13, 2018
    hakeem94, luckyman76 and BigO like this.
  18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

this alone is worthy getting lebron
    [​IMG]

19. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

If you can get Lebron, you get him. It’s not ok to not have the mentiality to win. It’s about winning.

20. cebu

cebu Member

Dumb opinion.