1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shelburne: Lakers Now Worried Ball/Kuzma Immaturity May Scare Off LBJ/PG

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DonKnock, Jun 12, 2018.

1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

If LeBron was as serious about winning as people think then he would not be considering the Lakeshow at all.

2. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

Yeah when he went back to Cleveland he knew they were trading Wiggins

3. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

The way someone explained how Lakers could sign CP3 and Lebron and then trading for Paul George. I see that happening either way with whatever player combos if Lebron chooses Lakers. (I’m not saying with CP3)
    If Lebron goes to LA, it’ll probably mean they sign Paul George as well and I think Lebron will make Lakers trade a bunch of their young guys for a third star. A package of Lonzo and Ingram and Deng can bring back something good.
    Or picture this. Say OKC do lose Paul George to Lakers for nothing. If Westbrook tells his front office he’d like to move on and go to LA, you don’t think OKC would consider taking Lonzo, Ingram, and Kuzma (+ Deng). The Thunder will know they can’t get any better because they’re already capped out.
    This is probably a big reason why LA is in the lead for Lebron. On top of it being in LA, they can surround him with 2 other stars of his choosing.

lionaire likes this.
  4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah but there's no "2 other stars of his choosing" that LA could put around him that would be equal to the 3 stars he'd be surrounded by if he just went to Houston.....and that's why I don't buy it.

luckyman76 likes this.
  5. jayfree

jayfree Member

In a stunning move... Lakers dump Ball and Kuzma and pickup Wade, Carmelo, CP3, James Johnson and even Bosh in hopes of luring Lebron

Ray Allen comes out of retirement for one last hurrah!

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Wouldn't LeBron be going into the exact same situation in LA as he is now in Cleveland? Dragging another team of misfits to the playoffs.
    Poor guy will forever be in Jordan's shadow with these kind of decisions.

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

8. rantsolpuella13

Supporting Member

This may be true, but if LeBron asked for it Lonzo could be traded right to Sacramento or elsewhere if the Lakers where desperate to do so. I think they would keep Kuzma if they have to chose. Kuzma is definitely a better shooter out of the two that’s for sure.

It would also get Lavar Ball (who wants to put all of his kids on the Lakers) out of the mix as well. It may be a good thing for that organization to consider if it gets to that point.

9. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Marc Stein reported earlier that there’s a growing chance Paul George stays in OKC.

D-rock likes this.
  10. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I said it was that on top of the fact that its LA. Also, I do realize Lebron is a lot closer with CP than PG, but its not outrageous to think that he would prefer Paul George over CP because he has to be aware of the risks with CP3. So technically Paul George could be his top choice. Yes we obviously know Harden is better than all the rest but it doesn't mean he's Lebron's top choice. I honestly could see Lebron wanting others over Harden, and I definitely think Paul George is one of those guys. But I mean no one really knows but Lebron.

Another one here: these aren't likely but it just goes to show you how good Lebron could have it in LA

Kuzma, Lonzo, Ingram and Deng for Butler and KAT

Minny:
    Lonzo
    Wiggins
    Ingram
    Kuzma
    Center

Lakers:
    Point Guard
    Butler
    George
    James
    KAT

Again this is a bit of a reach for it to happen, but options are in LA that goes beyond just it being LA

11. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2018/06/12/report-growing-belief-paul-george-will-stay-with-thunder/

lmao you talking about this "report" right? Dude is craving for clicks.

12. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

13. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

What does that rumor have to do with anything? I'm talking about how this dude whole "report" is based on an instagram pic. That's grade A BS clickbait reporting right there.

14. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

And instagram has a picture of Paul George with Josh Hart. Neither things matter. Nobody knows anything right now, possibly including the players themselves.

I remember last year thinking OKC would land Lebron because I believe George and Westbrook are two players high on Lebron's list; never even imagined that it could be doable in LA

15. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

It’s possible that Houston simply isn’t an option for Dan Gilbert. Either way, the more legit squad that the Lakers can afford to produce, the more leverage LeBron has to strong arm his way into making Cleveland play ball. I think things like this can be in motion, regardless of the rockets own actions to make a deal.

16. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Minny gives up Butler and KAT and take on Deng's contract in the process? You must be joking. Hell, I thought it would be hard for us to get rid of Ryno, but apparently teams are willing to give up future HOFs for terrible contracts. Lonzo, Kuzma, and Ingram aren't even with KAT combined, let alone with Deng's garbage contract attached.

17. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Are we gonna act like this recent thing between Lonzo and Kuzma shows us something new about the Lakers??

Lonzo brings the circus with him. Him being on the team alone will cause LeBron to want to stay away. IMO, the only way LeBron goes to LA is if PG and another star join him. To get another star, they'd have to trade some of these young pieces.

clutchdabear likes this.
  18. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Yeah that one was a reach. But I mean there were rumors KAT was disgruntled and I think you're really underselling a package of Lonzo Kuzma and Ingram. That's pretty damn good.
    So I guess you didn't like the OKC idea either? Dengs contract is not as bad for a team when you're getting three starters that will be on rookie contracts for a longer duration than that garbage contract. But you're too angry so...

19. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

[​IMG]

coachbadlee likes this.
  20. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

If Lonzo and Kuzma aren't getting along, why would a team want them both. Hell, why would anyone want Lonzo with his Dad's Drama attached?