1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should Morey focus on Paul George rather than LeBron?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Jun 12, 2018.

?

Should Morey focus on Paul George rather than LeBron?

1. Yes

41 vote(s)
    39.0%
  2. No

28 vote(s)
    26.7%
  3. Why not both?

36 vote(s)
    34.3%
  1. Reeko

Reeko Member

I’m still holding out hope, but yeah, I agree with everything u said

bringing back this same roster plus a few decent additions will be very disappointing

2. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Can't help but agree. "Running it back" isn't nearly as easy as everyone is making it out to be. First of all, I don't see how the team remains laser-focused on the Warriors if you have the Lakers and Spurs back into the mix for the #2 seed. It makes getting home court that much harder. Second, injuries and regression are much more likely on a team that's older. We can either try and infuse talent or youth onto the roster, and if we aren't able to do either, it's going to be very taxing on our aging players.

Now, it can also be argued that giving this team another year together will help by way of chemistry and communication (a la Golden State), but eventually even the Warriors needed to infuse talent onto their roster. I've gone from being very optimistic to very pessimistic over the last 72 hours, but I'm holding out hope that Morey has something big in the works.

Reeko likes this.
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

GS is gonna try and add talent and come up with better ways to deal with our offensive and defensive schemes

if Bron and PG go to LA, there a 50+ win team easy

if Kawhi is back and anything close to his former self, then the Spurs are a 55+ win team

the West won’t be GS, Hou, and then an enormous drop off to the likes of Utah, Portland, and New Orleans like it was this year

CP3 is aging and at best u hope he maintains the level of play he had this year, and if not, u hope the decline is not something drastic...his health will always be a huge question mark...I do not and can not expect him to last through 4 playoff series

I’m with u, I hope Morey has something up his sleeve

4. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

I think it's easier for the Rockets to get a top 5 pick than it is to convince PG13 to come to the Rockets.. Trade Capela get Jaren Jackson Jr, Deandre Jordan, Tyreke Evans.. Starting Five, Ariza, Harden, CP3, Jordan, Jackson Jr. Bench: Tyreke Evans, Gordon/Ellington, Tucker, Green, Luc Mbah, NeNe..

5. aroundtheblock2

I grow more optimistic by the day. There are legit teams out there with plenty of cap space that could benefit from taking Anderson and none of those benefits have to do with Anderson himself.

6. aroundtheblock2

Same. I don't think Paul George is ever coming to the Rockets, just one of those guys who just doesn't ever look at the Rockets as a legit team.

7. aroundtheblock2

I'm not as confident in Paul George either as a supermax player, just too streaky sometimes and doesn't really have the ability to take over a game in many cases nor is he crafty/smart enough to make an impact without being the main scorer on the floor.

8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

#Sleeves

9. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

One thing Morey is, is smart.

he is smart enough to understand he has to put his team in position to withstand a CP3 injury in the playoffs.

He is going to upgrade the team.

10. Toffeeone

Toffeeone Member

I don't get why people has to say LA is a life destination or hometown for PG that they have to go there.

They are millionaires the lifestyle goes to them they don't have to go to LA in order to live that style.

Players do train practice and work on their games during season too. They are not running around to strip clubs or parties. That's what summer is for.

11. Bruce Bowen

Bruce Bowen Member

continuity matters

12. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Morey should focus on getting rid of Anderson because with him here, we can't pick up either option.

13. solid

solid Contributing Member

It would not surprise me if LBJ, CP3, and PG13 all ended up in LA. Then the Rockets would be NO. 3 in the West, maybe.

14. aroundtheblock2

I agree, but Paul George has been dropping hints for over a year now. He's one of the rare LA guys that REALLY seems to care about being in LA. For the most part I think the allure of the Lakers and/or Knicks has slowly been dying as the league has become more world renown and you can add into that the fact that nearly every player in the league makes plenty enough money to live wherever they want in their breaks/offseasons.

You think Chris Paul and James Harden are in Houston this summer? No, they're probably both chilling out in LA all summer training with every other NBA player on the planet.

15. aroundtheblock2

The Lakers are barely even going to be able to afford 2 supermax guys because of Julius Randle. They can afford 2 as of right now, but once offers start coming in for Randle its going to greatly reduce their ability to offer another unless they renounce their rights to Randle who was their best player this past season. So if they renounce their rights to Randle that takes their supporting cast down another notch and creates even more pressure on LeBron to be that 40 mpg guy.

Rockets have a far better chance at trading Ryno for 2 1st round picks than the Lakers have at affording 3 all-stars at supermax. There's no chance in hell CP3 is going to the Lakers and there's a slim chance the Lakers field a championship contending team if they supplant several of the guys on the roster now in lieu of signing both George and James.

This scenario is just Lakers fantasy and since most media and casual NBA fans are Lakers fans they talk as if its a legit option when its really pie in the sky. No shot at this.

16. aroundtheblock2

Pretty sure thats what he's been doing since last season.

17. aroundtheblock2

Is it though? I'm not certain. LeBron would still have to still carry a lot of the load. Lakers would have to part with Randle if they wanted to sign both PG and LeBron which would significantly reduce their depth.

18. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

This team that won 65 games and took the Warriors to 7 (leading in both game 6 and 7)? If they move Anderson and add a good backup PG and some other depth, I'm cool with it. I don't think it's this major tragedy if we don't get Lebron James or Paul George. It would be wonderful but I can live with bringing back a team that won 65 games.

smp likes this.
  19. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

SMH

20. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Bring back same roster PLUS a 3rd competent PG and a couple above average 3 point shooters wouldn't do it for you? I mean we were one hamstring away from being champs, the prevailing sentiment to blow it all up after one year with this team is wierd.

smp likes this.