1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Akron Beacon Journal: “From LeBron’s own lips he doesn’t like Houston as a City”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rudy, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Toffeeone

Toffeeone Member

If Lebron is smart he won't be going to Philly with the Simmons curse of the KK

2. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

I guess he's just loving it up in Cleveland as well! I think the thing is Lebron is not about to play 2nd fiddle to no one.. and he rather be the Man in L.A. living the L.A. lifestyle where he has two Homes. It makes perfect sense. Plus L.A. has the Cap and young players to make more moves!

3. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

You LA fan boys are strange.

Cash Cam likes this.
  4. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

This would take years to happen.

5. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

have you seen the drive from PHL to Center City?

if that's his criteria, lebron won't be taking his talents to the schuylkill.

Game7 and Nook like this.
  6. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Houston is like LA, only minus the great weather and sandy beaches.

Hollywood is also Hollywood because of the above two factors.

7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I don’t want Lebron if he hates on my city

8. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

I'm from Baytown.. I lived in L.A. blocks from Staples.. never once rooted for no L.A. teams.. went to all the Rockets games that came into town.. It's true about Lebron.. You have all the signs pointing to him going to L.A. even with Gary Payton getting into the mix. I'm just a realest.

9. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

They do. But is it enough? The downside to the Lakers is:

1) Their young guys are completely untested. They haven't made the playoffs in 5 years which means their core has basically never been in the postseason. LeBron is coming off an NBA Finals where his team blew Game 1 in part because a 14-year vet like JR Smith didn't know the freaking score at the end of regulation. Does he really want to entrust the likes of Randle, Kuzma, Ball, and Ingram with his title hopes?

2) The Lakers are in the West. Wait, so are the Rockets, you might say. But going to LA means LeBron now has to defeat both the Warriors AND the Rockets in order to merely reach the NBA Finals. And if he gets that far, the Celtics(who would be the overwhelming favorites in the East if LeBron leaves that conference) won't be any picnic either.

If he signs with LA, it really is a lifestyle first, basketball second decision. Sure, if he does manage to bring another championship to that franchise, he'll cement his legacy as the greatest ever. But the odds of the Lakers ever winning a title while he's there are slim to none.

10. Newlin

Newlin Member

It will be fun watching the Rockets beat whatever team Le Bron goes to.

11. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

Lebron said that because Cleaveland is si nice. :rolleyes:

12. mockster

mockster Member

I love Houston, I like the people and mindset. We’re all a little more layed back in Houston but I have to admit Houston as a city is not visually appealing compared to other cities but were defiantly not the worst.

MyLateRegistration likes this.
  13. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Even if he doesn’t like Houston as a city it can’t be worse than Cleveland.

14. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

He grew up in Akron and lives in Cleveland.

There aren’t many places in North America I would live in over Houston. Cleveland isn’t one of them for sure

Nook likes this.
  15. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

If Lebron doesn't like Houston because its not attractive, how the hell would he go to philly? I've been multiple times, and philly is just old, congested, and dirty to me. There's nothing really around it, you go across to New jersey where it's also old and run down. I just don't see what it would have to offer over Houston.

Obviously LA would win that department, and in terms of him and his family LA is the best option. But for winning, I think its clear that Houston is the best option. So I give lifestyle to LA, but Winning to Houston

legacygt777 likes this.
  16. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Yah, so? About a million houstonians feel the same way. But the cost of living is lower and there's enough entertainment to fit anyone's needs.

Who trusts Cle reporters anyways?

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Dammit...it's a long time till July...

DonKnock and Bobsputin like this.
  18. photojoe

photojoe Member

Coming from a guy that has spent most of his professional career in Cleveland, Houston should be considered an upgrade

19. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

"He does not like Houston as a city."

Maybe it's a reference to our fan base. We're not the most demonstrative crowd. Not until the game is really great. And football will always be #1 here.

I mean, someone from Akron-Cleveland not liking Houston.......

Or maybe it's saying he doesn't like it when he has nicer options to consider by comparison.

Not gonna get my panties in a twist over this.

20. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Let's just be real about it. The places he "likes" are Los Angeles and Miami. He's about THAT life. I'm not hating on him for it, but as far as city life goes, Houston can't compare to them. He isn't going to get worked up about low cost of living, lots of jobs, lower cost private school tuition, etc.