1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Akron Beacon Journal: “From LeBron’s own lips he doesn’t like Houston as a City”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rudy, Jun 12, 2018.

1. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

I don't like OP.. still read the post.

2. malakas

malakas Member

lmao hillarious.
    So this unknown guy has heard from Lebron's own lips?
    Lebron,THE most inaccessible to the media player who is extremely careful about what he's saying.
    On top of that his stalker Windhorst smh doesn't know about it?

D-rock and RyanB like this.
  3. rocketseagles07

Lol so because his son played a tournament in Houston he likes Houston?

He doesn’t like Houston or San Antonio... I heard that from many reporters in San Antonio when I used to live there(and that was years ago)

You all really have stop trashing every rumor that doesn’t sound like it’s on our favor. You did the same thing with melo

4. rocketseagles07

Does that mean he won’t play for us for a ring.. nope! And Cleveland is trash... can’t get much worse than there. It’s just home for him

D-rock likes this.
  5. hakeemthagreat

Exactly. Yet we're celebrating his legacy for getting to the finals 8 times? This guy is a fraud

lw17 likes this.
  6. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

LeBron sons enrolled in LA Schools recently, so LeBron to Houston ain't happening.

7. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Just another clickbait headline … at this point its all drama for clicks on every sports site on the web. No one knows where he's going to end up , cept maybe LBJ & CP3 and close family.

D-rock and RyanB like this.
  8. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I cannot dot the i's and come up with LBJ to the cheese steak cap. He goes to LAL, brings along two studs, and they fill in the rest. Voila - - Lakes are back, there are two challengers to Dubs. In West. Only the West. C's not there. Yet.

9. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

Good riddance, pg13 or bust

10. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

Media hordes will do anything to keep him away from his new Kingdom: The Kingdom of H-Town

RyanB likes this.
  11. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Im from Houston and I have no desire to go back. It truly is an utilitarian city.

12. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Houston is pretty unique though in the amount of unplanned unincorporated areas. Only in the past 10-15 years has the city started to care about appearances (and it's finally making a difference on part of the landscape). The geography of Houston isn't ugly (very green, waterways, etc.) and our coast could have been built much better too. More of the Houston area should look like a Sugar Land, League City, or The Woodlands. We just had some bad planners and city/county leaders that let developers run wild. I completely understand when people say they don't like Houston. It isn't built like most areas of the country (it's a Gulf Coast thing). Get outside of the Gulf Coast and I feel like America has a more uniform look.

donkeypunch likes this.
  13. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Having lived in many different lugares, one could certainly accuse Houston of having horrible weather, high crime risk, bad traffic, little in the way of natural scenic beauty, and chaotic urban planning due to not having zoning. An outsider looking to move to Houston, without the emotional ties to the city from having grown up there, could easily view it this way. There are many factors in the plus column too, I should point out. The good news is that the incumbent city is Cleveland, Ohio, one of the worst places in America.

14. skroodup25

skroodup25 Member

exactly I didn't appreciate Houston until I moved here to tulsa..... most people who say they visited Houston and hate it is because they're afraid..... Houston can be intimidating of your from a small city.....

15. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The best parts of Houston are things lebron won’t care about

Great job market
    Low cost of living

rocketseagles07 likes this.
  16. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Wouldn't surprise me if this is true. There's plenty to not like about this town. Still, the same could be said about a lot of cities, including LA. Hell, their traffic is every bit as bad as ours(if not worse). But let's not forget that LeBron has played most of his career in Cleveland of all places for chrissakes. I get that he's from Ohio, but it's still Cleveland! And does anyone know what he thinks of Philly? Does not liking H-Town even matter in terms of what team he decides to play for? He could easily have his family move anywhere they want and then fly and to and from there to spend time with them when he's not playing. He's already gonna spend half the NBA season travelling anyway.

D-rock and lw17 like this.
  17. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Miami > houston >>>>>> cleveland

18. majicdonjuan

majicdonjuan Member

Not too worried. The place grows on you. If he doesn't come, this won't be the reason.

thedreamsteam likes this.
  19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

media conspiracy

20. macan

macan Member

if he wants to win a ring next season, Houston is THE place..
    if he's not a winner then he may go somewhere else like la for lifestyle purpose