1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

E3 2018

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by KingLeoric, Jun 11, 2018.

1. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Did see a thread.

So much good stuff I can't handle this!

Canadiandude and daywalker02 like this.
  2. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I felt like E3 was pretty solid this year. Bethesda had a solid roadmap.
    Kingdom Hearts 3 finally has a release date.

The worst was Ubisoft, they spread themselves way too thin.

3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

A lesbian RPG -- interesting.

4. Rudy

Rudy Member

That new Kojima game with Norman Reedus looks trippy

daywalker02 likes this.
  5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Yeah, I heard that Guillermo Del Torro designed one of the characters in the game too. Looking forward to seeing more.

6. marky :)

marky :) Member

What are y'alls initial thoughts on Fallout 76?

I'm definitely interested to play and don't fall under the category of people who hate that its an online only game but I feel like it could be a giant troll/grief fest.

7. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I love the Fallout series. I will admit that I'm worried about it being online. I have had fun with online stuff in GTA, and Red Dead Redemption. I've also been annoyed by other people online. At the same time, Bethesda has earned my trust so far.

So I guess I would fall into the cautiously optimistic crowd. Bethesda as a track record that I like and will, therefore, give the game a shot, but I will have limited expectations because of the online-only aspect.I guess the fact that it's a small number of other PC's rather than a huge number might make a difference. We will see.

8. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

This E3 has been disappointing as hell.

No Avengers Project
    No Metroid Prime 4
    No Halo (don't show me a ****ing tech demo and try and tell me it's a game, that ish won't be out for at least another year and a half)
    No additional information about Red Dead Redemption 2
    We've seen 1 area of Anthem in a game that's been in development for like 6 years. Yeah, that's definitely going to be a full game when it comes out.
    A 2 second announcement that Respawn is working on a Star Wars game, cool..see you in 2020.

Not to mention Microsoft is already talking about their plans for their next console? Uh, yeah...give me a reason to play the $500 console I just bought first, I won't be buying the Xbox Two.

I don't trust any of these companies anymore.

At least I get to play Fortnite on my Switch... (this was sarcasm, by the way)

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I hate E3, so much BS there, and not consumer oriented.

Gamecom is the best, IMHO.

DD

10. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I think I'm gonna try Gamescom soon. Been to E3 and Tokyo GS ... both are a stunning spectacle. But the massive people crush that occurs in certain areas is overwhelming. And my god EVERYONE is walking around with a camera in front of them ... not paying attention and blocking critical thoroughfares.

11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Just like movies, video games are 95% sequels, and rarely that interesting anymore.

12. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

For those who like Samurai

13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Give us some inside info, DD! We know you are in the gaming industry. Give us details.

14. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

The more I think about Fallout 76 the more I'm worried about it. In addition to the griefing, it seems there is a large emphasis on the community building aspect.

The building part of Fallout 4 was my least favorite part of the game. I liked the game, and grudgingly did all of the quests that required me to build radio towers, shops, or whatever else I had to build. I wanted to just hurry through that part and explore a new place, gain experience, meet new NPCs etc.

I will still give the game a chance, but I am definitely worried and doubtful about how much I will like it.

15. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

The base building was a ton of fun once you got used to it, and had some disposable resources. I could see myself loving a game based around that.

The griefing on the other hand, f**k that. I have no patience for it. Even when I play a game like GTA online I usually go to a private map because I can't stand being thrown into one huge deathmatch. If the game doesn't let you have the option of solo (and not a nerfed bare bones solo), then it's an absolute no go for me.

16. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I think Bethesda has said they will not have any kind of solo play. What I have seen some people suggest is that there would be places online where everyone who didn't want to have PvP would join the same server and then all of them could walk around and do the game without PvP. That might be fun but since the only humans in the game are actual players that would mean no raiders to fight, and loot etc. In GTA online you could have the passive mode and the revenge 1 vs 1 deathmatch thing. I'm not sure about the mechanics of PvP in this game. I do think that has the potential to be the biggest downfall of the game.

I did as little base building as possible. Maybe I should go back and play some more to see if I can use to it. It wasn't that it was zero fun. I did like it when a settlement would have something good happen to it. But it seemed like it was a lot of work (for me and my possibly less than skillful base building skills) for the little reward. I didn't hate it, but I much preferred exploring, doing quests for NPC's and that kind of stuff.

I know this game will have that as part of it as well. I just don't want to be punished if I neglect the settlement development aspect of the game. That being said, I know they've supposedly tweaked the mechanics of the game and so I might be able to enjoy that aspect of it more than I did before.

17. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Settlement building was literally the only reason I played Fallout 4, because the quests were doo-doo.

Entropy likes this.