1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Cat: take it to the bank, CP3 is staying

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jun 11, 2018.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

@The Cat of the awesome Locked on Rockets podcast (subscribe! Listen!)

I don’t have the link, but he said this on this message board in the last 72 hours. He’s as plugged in as anyone and that’s as declarative a statement as anyone has made about anything with regards to the rockets.

For me that statement should kill any doubt about whether or not paul is leaving. I’m not worried at all about him following lebron to la.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Where did all the fear come from anyways? I never thought or feared he was leaving.

#2 J.R., Jun 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  3. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

the fear is paying him that 5 year max, not him staying. rofl

4. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

“Take that to the bank...”

Tileman Forgeta: Whatever it takes!!:eek:

#4 BamBam, Jun 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
    hakeem94 and sammy like this.
  5. Toffeeone

Toffeeone Member

If he can get Lebron the max I am willing to give CP3. If not I would do 4 yrs max

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

I also didn’t realize this was in question.

7. justtxyank

Several posters continue to push this theory that he’s going to join lebron in la.

8. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Is he as plugged in as anyone?

DudeWah, jevjnd and Why not? like this.
  9. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

To clarify, I wasn't exactly trying to break news. Like most of the people in this thread, I've long seen it as a foregone conclusion. Was just replying to some of the conspiracy theories.

All that said, nothing is done until the ink is dry... and with a new owner that hasn't been through FA before, I suppose it's not unheard of that something could change at the 11th hour. But the plan for both sides is to keep going, I can say that confidently.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

did yall know cp3 sold his house....

11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

If the Lakers offer Paul the max and Lebron goes there the only way Chris stays in Houston is if we offer him the max.

Take that to the bank.

We are in the same position the Heat were when Lebron left and Bosh had a choice to make.

MyLateRegistration and mike2k132 like this.
  12. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

You've been pretty negative. All is good in Htown. We coming for GS

BigMaloe, D-rock, juanm34 and 3 others like this.
  13. YOLO

YOLO Member

i don't think so. when they had their decisions, they already went through there run and got a couple titles

cp3 still has unfinished business after just a year and had the most success in the playoffs in his entire career, totally different situations imo

HakeemOnlyFan and Deckard like this.
  14. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

[ur]

solid, Invisible Fan and BamBam like this.
  15. justtxyank

If Lebron and George go to the Lakers they can't afford to offer Paul anything more than a few million.

red5rocket and DonKnock like this.
  16. GageD

GageD Member

just opinion please lock it up.

Why not? likes this.
  17. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Ben Dubose also backed Mr Potato Head on twitter regarding the guarantee that Melo is coming to Houston.

No I’m not being negative or saying CP3 isnt staying. But we really oughta stop giving credit where it’s not due.

Any sources saying CP is staying, well yeah a great player just had a fantastic season with us with the most success he’s ever had in his career in a fairly attractive market, who’s also in line to make the most money if he stays despite injuries and age. I’d also take that to the bank. And if somehow it falls through, these “sources” will have a cop out “well no one could have predicted Morey not offering max or Lebron recruiting for Lakers” just like Melo to Houston was right only nobody could have predicted Steve Mills ( though we really could have predicted someone not wanting Ryno)

MyLateRegistration likes this.
  18. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

So you are now in charge of whether threads get locked or not? I think this thread has plenty of merit as it was started by a well-respected member of this forum who is also addressing a problematic topic. Sorry if you think that is "opinion" and needs to be locked - very few others would agree with you.

19. photojoe

photojoe Member

No. We aren't. Not even close.

We had the best record in the league and we were one unfortunately bad timed hamstring pull away from winning the championship this year. With CP3, we are trying to decide if we should give him the max to bring that same team back and see if we can finish what we came so close to last year.

Miami had already lost LeBron, and was trying to decide if they should give Bosh the max so they could try to stay relevant.

Not even close.

everyday eddie and Hard_foul like this.
  20. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

So, I was just at the bank trying to deposit this Chris Paul news but the atm kept telling me that I needed cash or check:confused: