1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LeBron: "I still want to be in Championship Mode"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Jun 8, 2018.

1. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Deuce and Tfor3 like this.
  2. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Bron for MLE confirmed. Get it done Morbey.

3. photojoe

photojoe Member

So where is that?

Obviously it's not Cleveland. It would be a joke to think it's in LA. Philly is not there yet. Going to Boston with Kyrie there would just be awkward.

Seems like if that is true there is only one choice.

Plowman, Williamson, ak99999 and 10 others like this.
  4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Boston is terrifying.

If they want Lebron and he wants to go there it gets done easily. They just trade Kyrie, which won't be hard at all, and what if they just trade him for Kawhi? The Spurs were one of the teams Kyrie wanted to go to as well.

They won't need a PG, not really, they'll have Lebron, they'll have Tatum, they will have Horford, they easily run through the league if the Celtics get Lebron and trade Kyrie for another all-star caliber player.

6. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

“4-team trade”

Basically 3 trades in one. Considering LeBron agrees to an “opt-in and trade”

Ryan+#46+Rights to Llull to Sacramento for Koufos+Temple

Gordon to Philly for Bayless+Future 1st

Koufos+Temple+Bayless+Hou1st+Philly1st to Cleveland for LeBron

Sacramento out: Koufos/Temple
    Sacramento in: Anderson/2nd/Rights to Sergio Llull

Outlook: on record as trying to get better this year. Save themselves from overpaying to get someone to sign with them. Fits a position of need and weakness. Provides needed shooting and spacing for Fox and potentially Doncic to operate. Houston could also send up to 5.1m in cash if you don’t think it’s enough value for Sacramento to take on Ryan’s contract.

Philly out: Bayless/future1st (worst between their own and Sacramento’s pick that they own [boston owns right to the better of the two]would likely be Philly's in the 20-25 range)
    Philly in: Eric Gordon

Outlook: shed a dead salary and a late 1st for much needed shooting and bonafide bench scorer. Continue the trend of getting better towards being a contender.

Cleveland out: LeBron
    Cleveland in: Koufos/Temple/Bayless/hou1st/philly1st

Outlook: they shed 8m in salary. Being in such luxury tax hell this is huge. All contracts are expiring. If they were to dump one of these players later on it would clear them from the luxury tax completely. And they could still flip Love for an asset. They gain 2 1st rd picks for a player who otherwise would walk without them receiving compensation.

Houston out: Anderson/Gordon/2nd/future1st and rights to Sergio Llull (possibly 5.1m in cash)
    Houston In: LeBron

Outlook: ugh... LeBron duh

#6 BigMaloe, Jun 9, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
    Invisible Fan, Deuce, ak99999 and 2 others like this.
  7. riko

riko Member

Lakers are pretty much done. It’s us and probaly philly and Boston. I like our chances with Paul and Harden who seems to be a great recruiting machine

8. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

All signs and quotes point to Houston Texas.

9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

even hayward could run their offense for stretches as well

JayGoogle likes this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I was saying that like weeks ago. They play tough and they dun have that many ball hawks on their team if they just find a solution for Kyrie.

Lebron changes everything. Kyrie was just the start for them and he got injured at the worst time, good for those kids.

I think Lebron can also work with Kyrie for a limited time, obviously Kyrie will be a Free agent soon (player option after next year), I dun think they hate each other.

Just have him run the regular season.

#10 daywalker02, Jun 9, 2018
    hakeem94 and JayGoogle like this.
  11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Lol, I forgot all about Hayward.

Yeah, this would be so easy for the Celtics if Lebron wants to go there. Not sure about their cap situation, but they will have no problem getting rid of anyone on that team unlike our Ryno situation.

But if you have Lebron on that team all you need is a D.Fisher like PG. Just a guy that can hit an open shot decently and bring the ball up the court.
    It makes a lot of sense, I think the Cs are set up for Lebron even better than we are.

The only thing I think saves us is that he has played against that franchise all of his career, I wonder if he sees it as going to the enemy.

I guess we'll see. I think I'm the only one that thinks he likely stays in the Cleveland. They have the 8th pick, they can make some moves to at least get him to opt in. He's older. I don't think he wants to uproot his family to chase rings because I think he knows he has little else to prove.

daywalker02 likes this.
  12. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

KD and Bron are the saddest front running superstars I've ever seen. I mean I want Bron so the city of Houston can get another championship but a bought and paid for one could never be the same as the ones Hakeem earned with blood sweat and tears.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think what stands against us is that his family has virtually no ties to Houston, I mean we could research if one of his distant relatives was from the area, or the folks of his wife.....

Durant has but he did not grant us an interview. So.

He has a good friend in Chris but that dude is so injury prone in the postseason, it's a big risk. And Harden is not exactly Mr. Consistant in the Playoffs either, you either have a good Harden, a great Harden or a mediocre/bad one.

Nothing is etched in stone. I still think if he ends up in Houston, it's going to be a very short stint, not necessarily because of James Harden and him clashing, but Chris Paul will decline and be inconsistent.

They probably call him LeChoke or LeQuit. Who cares then.

#13 daywalker02, Jun 9, 2018
    JayGoogle and lw17 like this.
  14. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Tired of all the idiots who don’t understand how the rockets would acquire LeBron on social media

napalm06, Cash Cam and hakeem94 like this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

His nickname and the franchise - one match made in Heaven.

16. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

CP3 and Harden would be the best teammates LeBron would ever have and both fit the mold of being cerebral on and off the court. The three of them together would form the smartest superstar trio of all time.

Just imagine the BBIQ between Harden, CP3 and LeBron.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Off the charts I would imagine.
    ;)

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. cheshire

cheshire Contributing Member

Lebron if he comes here is to be the Equaliser to the Scott Foster assisted Golden State Cupcakes. It would bring a smile to my face.

19. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

according to nick wright there's no chance he stays in CLE, due to the soured relationship with gilbert

D-rock and Rocket River like this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Sorry but that is not entirely true.

He came back and still continued his soured relationship with Gilbert as you call it. It's not something he cannot endure.

I think a better reason is he wants to play with Chris more than anything. If his family wants to stay in Cleveland and let it be known, he will consider staying. Clearly.

Nick Wright is a sympathizer of the Rockets, while I respect him, I dun believe him every word.

Houston has a good chance but nothing is etched in stone.