1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Haynes: “I’ve been told Houston is not a realistic option for LeBron”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rudy, Jun 7, 2018.

1. Rudy

Rudy Member

ESPN Insider Chris Haynes on the pod:
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-tk-show/id1292311571?mt=2

Haynes was the one who broke Kevin Durant to the Warriors, Gordon Hayward to the Celtics.

LeBron interest on the Rockets: “Houston has been linked a lot, but I have been told that they are not a realistic option".

Haynes says interest in Philly is legit, says Lakers are also in play but not as hot as it used to be.

caneks, MyLateRegistration and B-Bob like this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

re-post of what I just said in another thread about this

I’m not gonna dismiss what Chris Haynes has to say so readily...he’s not some random or some hack

LeThanos wondering if he can fit with Harden isn’t an outlandish idea...Harden would have to be the #2 guy here, something he has not done since he touched down in H-Town back in 2012...it’s a different dynamic between Harden-CP3 and LeThanos-Harden-CP3

that’s what convos and recruiting pitches are for tho

B-Bob, Vivi, BigMaloe and 2 others like this.
  3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm not dismissing what this dude is saying, but full disclosure: I think Chris Haynes is a first ballot b****.

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Told by who?

Reminds me of the Dwightmare where plenty of people thought the Rockets didn't really have that much of a shot and that the Mavs were even over us.

Or KD sweepstakes where it seemed like the Rockets had the space and even had Durant's supposed friend...yet we didn't even get a visit.

Every year we go through this and we need to learn. Learn now before the great days of F5s...the only one that knows where Lebron is going is Lebron.

I doubt he seriously has sat down and contemplated it. Yes, when he says "I'm just thinking about the next game." I believe him. Sure, he has thought about it second hand, but it's like you don't think about which college you are going to before you take your SATs. You study for the damn test. You have an IDEA about where you would like to go but it's just an idea.

I think he (Lebron) has an idea of possible places and the list will flesh out after he's swept by the Warriors.

Sajan, roslolian, adw and 4 others like this.
  5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

6. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

CF LeBron-Insider-Named-Chris Power Rankings:
    1) Paul
    2) Bosh
    Last) Haynes

7. lionaire

lionaire Member

If he goes to Philly or LA he'll still have to hard carry. Even PG joins him LA, that's still not a good enough to beat GS or even us for that matter.

Manos, roslolian, jevjnd and 4 others like this.
  8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

What source? A Colangelo burner account?

RyanB, vince and lw17 like this.
  9. J.R.

J.R. Member

LeBronto :D

Chris Haynes was asked for his gauge of LeBron James' free agency plans.

"I don't think it's anything serious to where he will actually think about signing there," said Chris Haynes of James and the Warriors during an appearance on Tim Kawakami's podcast. "I reported back, I believe in February, out of respect if Golden State showed interest, he would talk with them and have a conversation.

"He looks at that organization as the new era of the San Antonio Spurs. He respects them tremendously. I think that's what's going to happen if Golden State decides if they want to go in that route.

"I don't see him coming here at all."

Haynes was then asked which teams have the best odds of actually signing James.

"Houston has been linked a lot," said Haynes. "I've been told that's not a realistic option.

"Philly of course, that's legit.

"The Lakers are still in play but they're not as hot as it was before, but you're going to grant Magic Johnson a meeting. You're going to do that and listen. The Lakers have been setting up for two years for this summer.

"Then I'm going to throw out a dark horse, the Toronto Raptors. And let's not overlook the Boston Celtics. I think the Celtics are in that realm with Golden State where if Boston reached out and said 'We're serious', LeBron would listen."

Haynes then added that the Celtics having Kyrie Irving on the roster would be problematic.

"I think those are some of the real firm options out there as well as re-signing with Cleveland."

Link

Vivi likes this.
  10. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I agree. LeBron and Paul George plus one will be Lakers.

saleem likes this.
  11. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Vegas must have different sources than Chris Haynes

felixng2012, tc0330, jevjnd and 3 others like this.
  12. Rudy

Rudy Member

Haynes has real good sauces.

B-Bob and hajkov like this.
  13. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I think the biggest problem will be getting a team to take the salaries. Why does Cleveland want to take back salary when they are probably going to be the worst team in the nba.

RyanB, B-Bob, lionaire and 1 other person like this.
  14. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

If he meets with GSW and not with us, Clutchfans will burn

topfive, RyanB, Rocket River and 7 others like this.
  15. topfive

topfive CF OG

"I've been told that's not a realistic option." = "Considering their cap situation, only a genius could find a way to make that work."

[​IMG]

16. bratna8

bratna8 Member

17. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Insert Idon'tbelieveyou.gif

Lawlruschang likes this.
  18. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I wouldn’t expect a SnT with Cavs. Rumors have the Cavs owner wanting to sell the team since the end of the 16/17 season. Like Drayton McLane (former Astros owner), Dan Gilbert wants to decrease payroll prior to selling.
    Potential owners will hesitate to buy the team with LeBron possibly leaving and a team payroll thru the roof.
    McLane traded guys like Wandy Rodriguez and Hunter Pence as a means of getting picks and lowering payroll.

Some mock drafts have the Cavs taking Michael Porter.

Team will still have:
    Love, Hill, Tristan, JR Smith, Clarkson, Korver, Osman, Zizic and Nance jr.contract commitments for 2018/19.

Look for Dan Gilbert to trade a player or two for future picks to decrease payroll further. Then sell the team with
    draft picks and someone like Michael Porter in hold. Extreme levels of money needed to win an NBA championship
    nowadays was probably the same reason Les Alexander got out when he did.

19. igotwhipscollectingdust

Believe it or not, I think CP3 might be our biggest obstacle. As great as he is, I think Bron is going to look at the fact that he’s been prone to injury the past few years.

daywalker02 likes this.
  20. Vivi

Vivi Member

Did he really said "Toronto"? :confused:

Mr. Turbo, malakas and ApacheWarrior like this.