1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brooks: Obrien made me miserable

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by justtxyank, May 30, 2018.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com...-retired-nfl-houston-texans-lane-johnson-news

Full quotes in spoiler

2. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

The real problem is he isn't a good coach. 9-7, 9-7, 9-7, 4-12 and now everyone is thinking they are going to the playoffs with this screamer whatever.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's 100% it. A coach can get away with being a dick for decades if he's actually a good coach and BOB basically does nothing well. I'm not sure how long the players will put up with his BS.

4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Who gives a f*** if he got along with Brooks? The only thing that matters to Texans fans is does he get along with Deshaun "the Golden One" Watson??

5. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

For some strange reason, these players like Bill O'Brien.

6. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I think screaming disciplinary coaches have a shelf life. The shelf life is even shorter when you don't win.

Nook likes this.
  7. Newlin

Newlin Member

What players are you talking about?

8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Bottom 10 offense every year

Top 10 defense almost every year for crennel

9. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Texans franchise is on the Clippers level of embarrassment.

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

"I bet Bill Belichick makes his players miserable too"

BOB's ego is too big for his skill set.

coachbadlee and RasaqBoi like this.
  11. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

I'm willing to wait one year of everyone being healthy.. lets see Crennel top 10 defense and top 1 offense with Watson. if he goes 11-5 will you all shut up? If he goes 9-7 and everyone was healthy I will stop backing him. And no, I don't think it's fair to say it's all Watson, we had Andre Ellington line up as a WR for a game last year, it was ridiculous.

FLASH21 likes this.
  12. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I can see this being an issue.

When you have a so-called QB guru that teaches lessons about being a perfect QB but haven't had a great QB in your entire tenure you tend to start tuning out the guy that is supposed to be your leader.

I don't blame most Texans for feeling that way. But now that he has Deshaun Watson in tow, there are no more excuses.

Also, these dudes need to grow a pair. Boo-fu**in-hoo... OMG you don't like going to work for your boss?!?!?? Well join the freakin club Brandon Brooks. Most jobs in this country have some sort of drawbacks to them. You won't always get along with your manager, but if you want to win you have to find a way to co-exist. It's never all fun and games out there, especially when you're not winning.

macho GRANDE and houstonstime like this.
  13. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Well he asks a ton from his players apparently but can't be bothered to learn about "clock management BS".

Newlin likes this.
  14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Meh...

Just taking a shot at his former head coach, who came from New England, who's currently under scrutiny by Patriots players, past & present, taking a shot a Belichick because it's "not fun" playing for the Patriots, they're "miserable", "it's hard", it's this, it's that.

https://sports.yahoo.com/another-former-patriot-sounds-off-culture-theres-nothing-fun-185553282.html
    https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/pa...ys-new-england-patriots-players-are-miserable

[​IMG][​IMG]

Lane Johnson (and Brandon Brooks), please STFU, go take some more PEDs, enjoy your Super Bowl ring, enjoy playing for Doug Pederson and again STFU (about the Patriots, the Patriot Way and how you hate it and how you would be miserable there.)

15. Nimo

Nimo Member

That's all well and good but don't be surprised when players who have a choice pick a boss who they work better with. Especially a boss who found a way to win with a journeyed backup QB.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Perhaps or perhaps they are just quiet about not liking him till they are gone. Either way, BOB being this style of coach while being completely incompetent isn't a good look. Perhaps one of these days he'll learn how to be a coach and that'll change things.

17. Major

Major Member

Agreed. People will accept winning but miserable (New England). They'll accept happy but losing or paid but losing. They'll *choose* happy & winning (or paid plus one of those two). But they'll eventually walk away from losing & miserable.

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  18. csj

csj Member

Texans haven't been a losing franchise during O'Brien's tenure.

It's amazing how people extrapolate to suit their own prejudices. One ex-player expressed dislike for the coach. Others have said the opposite. Not news, not worth spending a moment thinking about. A lot of people would put up with far worse for far less money.

TheFreak likes this.
  19. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Agreed. Also, kind of funny he used Reggie Wayne as an example. Dude was 16 years in and already likely ready to retire. It's not like Belicheck ruined his young career.

Sometimes players and coaches don't gel. It happens. Don't see why he felt the need to make that public.

TheFreak likes this.
  20. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Well not everyone can go to the Eagles.

And apparently it hasn't stopped the Texans much from signing some top free agents in recent years. Plus re-signing their current players that were destined for free agency. Maybe Tyrann Mathieu, JJ Watt, Jonathan Joseph, Lamar Miller, Kareem Jackson, Aaron Colvin, Johnson Bademosi, Senio Kelemete, etc. are under some sort of wizardry spell that BoB has cast on them.

Deshaun Watson apparently loves him as well and doesn't want another HC.... perhaps he just doesn't know any better cause he was a rookie.

I'm not defending BoB cause I agree that he's been mediocre despite being paid as an elite HC by the Texans FO. But some people just aren't susceptible to the hard-nosed style coaching. Especially these millennials, they're all basically a bunch of p*****s.

Joshfast likes this.