1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Official 2018 Houston Rockets Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Lurch, May 28, 2018.

1. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

Back to the drawing board. Knowing how close we were to upending Golden State, what do we do now?

-What happens with Anderson?
    -What happens with our depth and role players?
    -Do we bring back Clint?
    -What does our roster look like on opening day?

Discuss. It’s going to be a long offseason but it should be lots of fun!

jeffvangundy likes this.
  2. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Priority #1: DUMP RYAN "the mental midget" ANDERSON

3. TheresTheDagger

With officiating like that, what difference does it make?

4. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I don't think blowing up this team would be a good idea. It took the officials and a historically bad 3 point shooting night PLUS CP3 missing the last 2 games for us to be eliminated.

I would definitely re-sign Capela and bring back all the other key parts (CP3, Tucker, Ariza, etc.). I don't know how we are going to get of rid of Ryan Anderson. We need to but his contract is a f*cking albatross.

Rox11 likes this.
  5. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

Bringing back Capela makes me nervous. I love him. But we saw a lot of him become irrelevant in this series between Draymond shutting him down and the hack-a-capela. Yes he’s a very good players and has a lot of upside but he is going to be offered a ton of money by someone like Phoenix. Do we spend that much money on someone that becomes ineffective against the main team we are so close to dethroning?

6. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

the #1 priority for Morey is to get rid of Anderson without gutting this team's good players.

But... since his value is at another all-time low, we're probably going to have to give up 2 first rounders and EG to make it work.

Let's just hope Lebron and Dan Gilbert will be at odds again in the off-season and are fine with S&T trading Lebron to us.

Lurch likes this.
  7. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

As much as I’d love to see it, I don’t see Lebron coming here. To me, it’s Philly or LA. Philly because why leave the East?? And LA because if you’re going to leave the East, why not go to the biggest market where you can also take your brand to the next level?

8. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

Can we go get Cousins? He would be an absolutely perfect fit with this team.

9. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

If somebody has access to ESPN insider, there's an article that talks about what the Rockets offseason will probably be like.

Lurch likes this.
  10. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

This won't be as rosy an offseason as anyone would like. I'm not even sure we can bring CP3 back. Not at what he would ask for, or it would do to us long term cap-wise. This is Morey's issue now; I'm glad I don't have to deal with it.

11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

-Ryno's contract is un-movable. We just have to live with it. I imagine Morey will do what he can, but its not worth giving up multiple firsts just to move him.

-Depth I think will be the biggest challenge because I can't see the Rockets being able to afford bringing back their role players on the last year of their deals. They will HAVE TO luck out with some young players, or some vets that come play for nothing because they just don't have much in the toolbelt to go out and get more depth, and I think guys like Luc, Ariza, etc. will have people pursuing them in FA where it will be tough to keep them.

-Yes... we bring back Clint. He's the biggest key for next year. They absolutely will need him to grow on the offensive side. Not saying he should start shooting 3's, but more to give our offense more diversity, and start preparing for Harden's regular seasons which will need to be reduced in role of carrying the team on every possession.

-My guess is the roster looks pretty similar, but anything can happen in July.

12. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

I don’t think it’s unmoveable. We’ve seen some pretty bad contracts get moved over the years. Teams looking to tank and stack picks, ala the Philly Process, will be willing to take it on. And are we really going to get someone of value picking at 27-30 range over the next few years that’s so good that we were willing to keep Anderson in order to draft? No.

13. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Step 1. Root for the Warriors to blitz the Cavs...barf...to leave no doubt James will leave the Cavs
    Step 2. Sign James

Dnuker2000, Corrosion and Lurch like this.
  14. hashmander

hashmander Contributing Member

we're stuck with ryan. morey owes this team a monster draft because he ruined any chance of us being better than we are otherwise by signing that loser to an 80m contract.

15. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

My dream scenario:

1. Resign Paul
    2. Resign Clint at the right price
    3. Sign Boogie
    4. Add some depth and 3 and D guys that can contribute.

Zergling likes this.
  16. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Its unmovable for the Rockets who cannot gut their future picks just to move Ryno unless they know for sure its the difference in getting a Lebron type of star free agent/trade. Its always deal by deal when you consider what it takes to move a player. You just have to know the circumstances in every situation, but we are talking about some pretty stark circumstances. As fans, we should do ourselves a favor, and not get obsessed with and convince ourselves a Ryno trade is happening every time a fake insider shoots off a tweet about it on a burner account.

Id kindly warn fans here to not just start throwing out the "oh... just trade Ryno" excuse for everything on here. It'll drive everyone crazy around here all summer.

17. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Bye bye: ariza, ISO joe, nene, and Ryan.

Bring back : green, cp3 and CC

Go catch a big fish: Lebron. Strikeout on lebron go after PG13

D-rock likes this.
  18. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Gordon is gone if go after Lebron or PG13, huh?

D-rock and bilaal14 like this.
  19. igotwhipscollectingdust

We need Lebron

D-rock and cdxiong like this.
  20. cdxiong

cdxiong Contributing Member

I want to see Harden, CP3, Lebron, Ariza, pj as our starting five. That group will shut GS down defensively and have 3 elite iso players. Besides no referees wants to be against Lebron.