1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Remember when the Warriors swept the Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 26, 2018.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

don't be so butt hurt

2. ClearLakeTX

ClearLakeTX Member

Clutch please chill until series is over next time, wanted to say this earlier but let everyone go crazy

3. ClearLakeTX

ClearLakeTX Member

Why?

4. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

I hate that MFer.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  5. JazzLakerHater

Who the **** is that broad Joy Taylor? The no defense narrative is the most clueless and lazy narrative out there.

Watching this video is exactly what's wrong with the media. It's like they have an issue of the Rockets even trying to compete with the Warriors. **** them all.

6. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I live in Minnesota and most of the Minnesota fans have been bandwagoning GSW. Right after the Twolves got beat many of them were already saying the Rockets were going to be swept by GSW. One of the talking heads on that station who for weeks had been saying that the Rockets were going to be swept and games wouldn't be close gave some grudging respect to the Rockets but then came back and said that he's done with the NBA and thinks the game's are terrible and boring.

7. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

If you thought this was a "Rockets won the series!", you didn't understand this at all.

8. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

i don't disagree but at the end of the day, us taking the warriors to 7 games and losing instead of getting swept doesn't make me feel any better. the media is already wrong about this being a sweep but if we take the L, we take the L. this moral victory won't make it hurt any less. we need to effing win tomorrow. rockets in 7.

HP3 likes this.
  9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Fans can be fans.

When you are (national) sport commentator while you have fandom inside you keep in there. BUT THIS GUY is so blatant a GSW FAN BOY in is social comments and TV spots it is beyond embarrassing.

But whatever.

10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Awesome compilation. And well written article. No matter what happens, NO ONE thought the Rockets could push the Warriors to these levels.

Think about what we thought of the Warriors competition BEFORE the season. Foregone conclusion.

THEN, look what the Rockets did in the regular season. And STILL no one believed the Warriors could get challenged.

Just take a moment and think marco on all of that. It is quite a testament to the Rockets on what they have already did.

We'll see what happens for game 7. But no matter what, I am proud of this team!

ghettocheeze and Clutch like this.
  11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Honestly...there are a bunch of "fans"
    Here that have been as bad if not worse than the media
    They have given up and hated on the Rockets
    Every step of the way
    Looking at you DaDa!!!!!!

@tinman New Rule not every 99er is a true 99er!!!
    After years of their fav players being busts and busters they have turned to the dark side
    Bitter and angry and trying to unbust this busters and use revisionist history

Rocket River

12. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I agree, the level of doubt on this board is annoying. Have some damn faith in your team people. If they lose, they lose, but I’m riding with them until the season is over.

Many people counted the Astros out after they lost 3 straight to the Yankees and had to win games 6 and 7 to advance. They were also left for dead after they lost game 6, and had to win game 7 on the road in LA. We know how that turned out. So stop crying and have some damn faith in this Rockets team.

ghettocheeze, Invisible Fan and HP3 like this.
  13. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Either way I am proud of the Rockets effort. They didn't lose 5-1, they went out fighting against the most stack team arguably in NBA history. Before the season started all the biased sports media said Rockets were going to just be average.

14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I agree. With all due respect to @Clutch, if we lose this series, nobody other than us diehard Rockets fans will take this seriously. We can say all we want that we took the Warriors to 7 games when nobody gave us a chance, they will say, "Who cares. You didn't win the championship." It will be exactly like the 09 Rockets. I have been arguing with all these people over the years how proud I was of that team who took the mighty Lakers to 7 games even after Yao had gone down, they just say, "Who cares. You didn't win."

That said, with this video chronicling all the dumb things they have said, it at least provides some evidence where we can point to in the future. Anyway, it's do or die tomorrow.

HP3 likes this.
  15. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We were on the way to a title. The Lakers were a beaten team...and, acting every bit the part until he went down.

16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Only Clutch can decide the state of the 99ers

RasaqBoi likes this.
  17. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Stupid ***** is Jason Taylor's sister. Typical media that shares the same brain and doesn't watch basketball.

18. Zergling

Zergling Member

19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The Lakers won 65 games that season. They were 12-4 in the playoffs apart from the Rockets series.

The Rockets were a 53-win team with a healthy Yao. We were clearly underdog even with Yao. After Yao went down in Game 3, nobody gave us a chance to win another game.

20. alethios

alethios Member

Whether they win or lose, the media will have an answer (that was anally-extracted). If they win, it's because they said all along the Warriors were the better team. If they lose, it's because of injuries, fatigue or biased officiating (plehh!).