1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

5 on 8 basketball

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketOrg, May 26, 2018.

1. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

This is some of the worst f....”””$ lopsided officiating. I’m irate over the non-calls when Harden and the team drives to the bucket. So many, it’s freakin’ ridiculous.

Pissed!!!

2. igotwhipscollectingdust

Meh.. refs, harden and gordon all contributed to the loss

dkoune likes this.
  3. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

idk man. refs had some bad calls but we had 39 points in the 1st and only 40 since then with like 8 minutes in the 4th.

gotta take responsibility for the loss (if we do end up losing). harden stopped trusting teammates and got in his own head.

dkoune and bj3175 like this.
  4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

League wants GSW in the Finals. Pretty obvious. We'll probably get screwed over in Game 7 too. Watch us get Brothers and Foster.

5. Pluplue

Pluplue Member

Doesn't even matter who the refs are. Gonna be the same rigged ****.

Drift Monkey, Tfor3, RyanB and 6 others like this.
  6. juanm34

juanm34 Member

If Cavs win you can guarantee silver will send his goons Houston

bilaal14, Drift Monkey, Tfor3 and 5 others like this.
  7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

the fixing always seems to be done by certain trusted refs

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

It was 6 on 9 basketball because D'Antoni was stupid enough to believe the Rockets wouldn't run out of gas.

Just a very bad strategic decision. Harden isn't LeBron. He and the Rockets were clearly going to tire and collapse eventually.

In my opinion, D'Antoni basically gave the Rockets no chance to win tonight. He's the donkey. Pin the tail on him, not the refs. I'm also very concerned if Harden can recover for game 7.

Should have played Luc more and brought in JJ for a few mins early in the 2nd quarter and hoped for the best. There was at least some chance things wouldn't have fallen apart.

I am really down on D'Antoni right now. He might have blown a legit chance of winning game 7.

Lawlruschang, JW86, Nelly and 2 others like this.
  9. smp

smp Member

I really wish referees could be replaced with computer automation some how. The human element of judgement calls is infuriating.

This game looked like some scripted WWE junk. It appears as though the NBA wants a 7 game series in both conferences to "test" GS and Cavs so they can get their favorites in the finals and act like this tired old act isn't really an issue.

NFL and MLB do a much better job of promoting parity and balanced officiating.

10. Jontro

Jontro Member

it's kings vs lakers and rockets vs mavs all over again. no point in watching the game if the league chooses who gets to play in the finals.

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

There were some bad calls, I thought Gordon in particular got hosed, but Harden, nope not so much, he was defended with guys who went straight up with their hands in the air.....I think we just played stupid basketball...Harden had what 8 turnovers? You don't win giving the ball away.

25 points in the ENTIRE 2nd half? Yeah, that is the problem.

To me, we stopped pushing the ball, Harden tried to do too much, and we got away from what got us the lead, pushing the ball, early offense.....and D'Antoni's short rotations suck ass.

DD

ChefCurry likes this.
  12. hou$tonScrew$tonTX

I haven’t seen refereeing this bad since the Lakers Kings WCF! The Rockets had this game won and played so well, but the referees would not allow it. Congratulations you sorry a** cheap mother*******, all it took was a CP3 injury and the worst refereeing in the history of the playoffs for you to win the game!

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I will assault a ref on the court on Monday if they try this **** in game 7.

14. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

How many fouls did gsw get in the 3rd?

How many fouls did the rockets get in the 3rd?

I remember mda with about 2 minutes left being irate at the refs saying we only got one foul?

I know @Clutch referenced it on Twitter. But does any one have the stats on it?

It was unbelievable how lopsided and inconsistent the officiating was in the 2nd half.

15. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

Draymond with only 2 fouls is really telling. I mean 1 of them was an intentional foul in fast break situation. The dude was tackling people out there.

16. xhanif143x

xhanif143x Member

If refs **** up game 7. I swear I will never watch NBA again.

17. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

refs, 4 all stars against 1

18. hou$tonScrew$tonTX

Please do bro! Don’t let them do this in our house. If you do that clutchfans will raise the money for your legal defense!

19. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

You know it's bad when r/nba which usually hates the rockets has a highly upvoted thread saying the same thing.

20. smp

smp Member

It doesn't bother me as much when we don't have a championship caliber team. When we have a team like this though, it really does make me want to tune out.

The great thing about sports is supposed to be the uncertainty of the outcome. Upsets and spoilers are what makes sports great. If it's just WWE rigged scripting it's lame. If it's all hands on deck to make sure Brock Lesnar, I mean GS battles the Rock, I mean LeBron then screw it.

I thought we had a chance in the 1st but the refs flipped the switch in the 2nd and it was all over. This was freaking rigged tonight. I'm disgusted.