1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jim Jackson on Rockets Game 2 Adjustments

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shaq2Yao, May 16, 2018.

1. val_modus

val_modus Member

And people ask why TMac never got out of the first round.

2. ClearLakeTX

ClearLakeTX Member

I have his bobblehead : )

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  3. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Those massive rimmed glasses don't help Shannon look or sound any smarter. More comical maybe.

4. Nook

Nook Member

He got caught pulling a gun on teenagers that mocked him decades ago. He doesn't play around.

5. Asian Sensation

Lue of course. He’s like the same age as Iverson. Mark Jackson is like 10 years older. I thought Lue would’ve aged better he was a baby face.

Tfor3 likes this.
  6. HakeemOnlyFan

HakeemOnlyFan Member

The level of analysis offered from Jackson is in a entirely different league than what Sharpe and Bayless bring to the table. After Bayless' nonsensical 'held the basketball for 10 seconds or more' stat, where he compared a player who brings the ball up the floor to one that does not, I just started fast forwarding to Jackson's takes.

7. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Good points indeed.

Asian Sensation likes this.
  8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Why do people on this message board think it's condisusive to the Rockets winning to initiate the play with 8 seconds left.on the clock?

I hate skip. He's right here .Youncant continuesly hold the ball for 15 seconds.

The Rockets offense in game one was just a bunch of bail out shots. That was their offense. They need low effort shots sprinkled in there where the initiation of the play happens immediatly to make the GS defenders move and expend energy instead of sipping on iced tea watching Harden air out the ball.

9. seeingred

seeingred Member

This chick is fugly...

10. HakeemOnlyFan

HakeemOnlyFan Member

You sure are assuming a lot about the way I feel here. Nowhere did I state that I found us getting into our offense so late in the clock is 'conducive' to winning. Frankly, I find it annoying as well, but it doesn't make Bayless' silly, cherry-picked stat any more relevant.

Subtract the time Harden spent bringing the ball up the floor and then give me that stat. Or we could just knock off the first 4 seconds of him bringing the ball up and then look at that stat (since we both concede that it takes far too long for us to get into our offense). Kevin Durant doesn't take the ball from the inbounds pass and walk it across halfcourt, because, you know, he's not a point guard. So comparing Harden and Durant in that facet is just ridiculous to me.

I'm also not going to act like this team's offense needs to be rebuilt because we lost game 1 against arguably the greatest team ever assembled, not to mention we don't have the personnel to do so in the first place. We played sloppily at times, but largely were able to keep the game pretty damn competitive, even while receiving very little production from much of our team. Lots of defensive mistakes that can be cleaned up, however, more glaring is the fact that none of our role players were able to contribute meaningfully. You've got Green, M'bah A Moute, Tucker, and Ariza scoring 15 pts on 22% shooting in a game we lost by 13. I won't even get into how poorly Gordon played, regardless of what the stats tell you. He was awful, and he looked scared out there.

Wow, our team's offense can't play the same way as the best team ever? The same team that happens to have several all-time shooters, defenders, and play-makers? So shocking. We are simply doing what got us here in the first place. If we see just average production from more players other than Harden and Paul, we will be absolutely fine, and wouldn't be dealing with this slew of hot takes we are all currently drowning in.

11. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Would you sell it?

12. TimDuncanDonaut

Ty Lue managing Lebron is lot of stress. :D

[​IMG]

Tfor3, D-rock and vince like this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Skip knows as much about basketball as you do.

As in nada.