1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The disheartening thing about the loss in Game 1 was how the Dubs didn't even break a sweat.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, May 15, 2018.

1. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I say that the guy in iso (Harden/Paul) are the ones who suffer fatigue more, and we need those guys somewhat fresh for crunch time.

Taking on a team by yourself .. driving, juking, spinning, contact near rim .. all that will wear you down fast if it's the same thing over and over.

Predictable.

bballjunkie likes this.
  2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I don't think it has anything to do with the mental impact on the other team.

Draymond does it to fire himself and his own team up. And it works.

3. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

What i'm shocked about is that the refs embrace that Draymond attitude and even seem to encourage it sometimes. If I'm a ref that dude is getting ejected the moment his hands touch anyone, or the first time his rotting, fetid mouthbreathing stench comes near me after a legitimate foul call.

I wish this team just had prancing, dancing princess Curry, or just gutless sell-out Kevin Durant, or just Satan's excrement, Draymond Green. Even two out of three. All three is just too much hatred for one team.

It took a while after the mid-fourth quarter last night for me to get rid of my seething malice.

Like others have said, I'm not sure why I watch when I know exactly what to expect. Love for my home team dies hard.

smp and topfive like this.
  4. Rockets4Life13

Changing the offensive gameplan will help. Iso worked for one half. Won’t work for a whole game. Roleplayers need to step up. Mike needs to show us that he is that „offensive genius“ and create great plays to get easy baskets. If we’re doing the same in game 2, it could get even uglier, considering how well james had it going.

5. CCorn

CCorn Member

When the Rockets blow them out
    Game 2 everyone that’s crying it’s the end of the world needs to delete their account

snowconeman22 and B-Bob like this.
  6. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Lmao alot of y'all gonna be shooked when we win tomorrow then split in San Fran. This is a 7 game series folks as stated. It's not gonna be easy are go exactly the way u planned it. Every game is a fight. Role guys I'm talking u gordan. Know what they have to do now

Scarface281, snowconeman22 and hajkov like this.
  7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Stop crying

This is why the 90s were tougher and harder

Stop listening to Drake and listen to Tupac

This is Clutch City buddy
    where being down 3-1 is nothing

Jontro, ChumpCity and hajkov like this.
  8. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Hakeem or Tmac ain't walking through that door :eek::D;)

smp likes this.
  9. topfive

topfive CF OG

I love this paragraph more than I can possibly express.

smp likes this.
  10. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Uh oh, you're in trouble now.... you said the T word!

[​IMG]

Snow Villiers likes this.
  11. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

This isnt an issue of the Rockets not being good enough. The problem is that the Warriors have four All-NBAers whom are all at the apex of their careers. 2 of those 4 are top 5 players amd 3 of the 4 are top 10 to 15 defenders inlcuding one of which maybe the best in the league. The Rockets have had a historically great year and if it wasnt for such a team like the Warriors, would win a championship with ease. It’s frustrating to know this but at least we know that with today’s rules, no team in NBA history would have a shot against them either...

smp likes this.
  12. 9495

9495 Member

The worriers should sit KD next game just to prove a point

13. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Yup, the Rockets this year are probably close to what the warriors were pre-durant, meaning they may have had a very competitive series against the 73-9 warriors and possibly beat them. You add durant to that mix now it's just unfair. Screw Durant for that p***y ass move. He thinks winning championship makes it all worth it but people will always remember that his mentally soft ass joined the 73 win team that beat him in order to win a ring.

DeadGato, bballjunkie and smp like this.
  14. smp

smp Member

See you in 5 years then...

Look, it sucks that there is only 1 team in the league that is a clear favorite and everyone else is fighting for second best.

But I've stuck with this team for many years when we didn't even have a shot at the western conference finals. So I'm enjoying it no matter what. I got to celebrste the 2 championships but i also had to endure the Barkley, Pippen, Francis, Yao, Tmac, Kevin Martin years.

So I'll take 65 wins and the western conference finals every year vs the last 20 years of scraping by with 50 wins and a first round exit. It could be much much worse.

Maybe we will get lucky and sneak in a championship one year if GS suffers injuries at the right time. Just keep this group together but replace Ryno and EG. Stay ready to take it if the opportunity presents itself because the only thing that will beat GS is injuries.

15. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Durant is a clown man. He doesn't realize that no one will ever take his success with the Warriors serious.

16. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

What killed them against Cleveland was Green getting suspended and then getting injuries after the series got extended. That’s what it takes to beat a team full of allstars.

17. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

So? Lets do it!

TheFreak likes this.
  18. Remlap

Remlap Member

OP, get serious.
    Didn't break a sweat?
    Like they were just toying with us in the first half? IT WAS A TIE GAME AT THE HALF!
    If they were capable of toying with us they would have had a 30 pt spread.
    Even the second half was within 7-10 pts most of the way. That's no blowout.

Believe me, IF THEY COULD HAVE, they would have liked to have blown us out by 30 just to demoralize us.
    If a few of those Moute layups go in, this would have been an extremely close game.
    But, one was coasting and the other was desperate? You're so funny you should take that act on the road.

So, if the Rockets win by 5 or 10 you will consider us, 'not breaking a sweat' or just lucky?

19. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Did someone use "break" and "sweat" in the same sentence?

hajkov and Remlap like this.
  20. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

You missed the fact that Stephanie was doing that on purpose. I can read his lips:
    -I dare you to shoot while I play dead. I bet you will miss.
    *CP3 misses*
    -Told ya