1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The disheartening thing about the loss in Game 1 was how the Dubs didn't even break a sweat.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, May 15, 2018.

1. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Don't forget about PJ 1 point. :(

juanm34 likes this.
  2. topfive

topfive CF OG

I honestly think Draymond's game plan was to throw a cheap shot at Harden or CP3 as early in the game as possible. That's his calling card. It's like he's saying, "I'm f$#king nuts and don't give a **** about anything, and I'm going to be extremely physical and there's nothing you can do about it."

So then the Rockets start congratulating themselves on getting him a quick T. Meanwhile, Draymond is already in their heads less than two minutes into the game.

3. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

We have to play at 150% for 48 minutes of the game. Warriors can play at 75% for 48 minutes and still get the W

It is what it is.

da_juice likes this.
  4. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

in other words its 1 superstar vs 5 ( 2 superstars + 2 allstars + 1 former allstar)

bballjunkie likes this.
  5. Newlin

Newlin Member

Look, it is what it is. Durant going to the Warriors made a super team a super duper team. While it may be disheartening for Rockets fans, it's also disheartening for the fans of all the other teams in the NBA.

I will say this though. LeBron James shouldn't have any qualms about joining the Rockets or any other team that is already stacked with talent. When Durant joined the Warriors that opened the door for any player to go any other team with no reservations. The only way to beat a super team like the Warriors is to build your own super team. You have to fight fire with fire.

6. conquistador#11

It bothered me when Lebron did it like no other. You do it when you're in your early to mid 30s not in your prime. Since then, I've been like whatever. It killed the passion I had for the nba. I rarely post in here anymore. Thanks, lebron. durant.

TheFreak likes this.
  7. aroundtheblock2

Yep. This series is over. Luc already making excuses for his missed layups.

8. chinesemamba

chinesemamba Member

And this is why i like NFL so much better to watch. It doesnt just take 3-4 players, it takes pretty much all 22 guys on the field to win a game.

da_juice likes this.
  9. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

They didn't break a sweat because 4 defenders at every Rocket offensive possession was having picnic and sipping some Arnold Palmer for 20 seconds almost every defensive possession.

10. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

I fully understand your frustration, and I agree that the Warriors should never be allowed to sign Durant. But they did, what about facing it instead of whining about it?

We lost the game. A game, with 3 to 6 more to come. And yeah, they put a LOT of sweat on defense, rotating to pace up with our plays. The fact that they smile and talk **** after, doesn´t mean they busted their asses off.

Our rotation guys were nervous. Yeah, they shouldn´t be, but with Durant and Klay hitting all shots, they suddenly wasn´t in the dominant position that they were most of the season.

I believe that the Rockets can revert this, like other times they got slaped in the face and bounced back. If not to win, at least to put a great fight

What I am really frustrated is that a lot of old-school people here are non-believers... go spread your negativism on a Warriors forum.

IvanLCPM, ChumpCity and snowconeman22 like this.
  11. mockster

mockster Member

The only people who can guard Durant is Ariza abd Capela. Length wise.

Capela obviously doesn’t match up abd ariza had to sit a lot

Maybe next game we can control him

But then who knows if Steph and company will step up.

12. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

This is what killed them against Cleveland and this is what I hope it works best for us.
    A cocky GSW team against a talented and barking underdog with nothing to lose.

Snow Villiers likes this.
  13. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

They didn't break a sweat because no one on the Rockets other than Harden and Capela showed up. Nearly everyone who played for the Warriors made some contribution. The Rockets cannot win a game much less this series if their bench is gonna continue to be AWOL. They're the key to this. When Durant and Curry are on the bench to start the 2nd and 4th quarters, CP3 and the reserves must make a run. Instead they actually lost ground in the 2nd quarter and made up zero ground in the 4th. That was the ballgame.

I don't subscribe to the idea that this Rockets team can't beat the Warriors. If we're playing at the level we were earlier in the season, we absolutely can. But if we play the way we have throughout most of the playoffs, we'll be lucky to extend this to 6 games.

14. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Sad to see @Snow Villiers lose hope. He needs a pick me up. @swyyyguy better deliver that burger fast with extra set of fries

Snow Villiers likes this.
  15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

No one showed up because Harden dribbled the air out of the ball for 20 seconds for many possessions. He needs to make moves wuicker in the offensive set to start a chain reaction going from dribble drives. Instead he dumped it off with 4 seconds left on the shot clock to a senior open shooter while the Warriors are great at recovering forcing the shooter to either take a tough shot or drive in and kick it out themselves with no time left or take a bad well contested forced attempt at the rim.

16. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I don’t think Lebron on the Rockets wins it. Where’s our outside shooting? We can have as much volume shooters as we want but GSW has cornered the market on the highest % guys. No one will ever out shoot them in efficiency. Conversely you could bring along Korver too, but he’s a defensive sieve at this point. GSW have proven that you just cannot have any defensive weak links out there. Long lanky guys who suddenly learn to shoot are going to be the hottest commodities in the FA market: the secrets out.

17. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

The crowd can't actually be blamed for this one. They were rockin from beginning to end.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  18. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Their system is poetry in motion. It keeps everyone fresh and ready for crunch time.

Our system is like trying to smash the square peg into the round hole. Not only does it exhaust more energy but it turns everyone on the court into a spectator. Defense crashes in at the right time and completely destroys the timing. I would save most of the iso ball for the 4th quarter.

Little Bit likes this.
  19. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Except if the Warriors get cocky KD will just bail them out. They didn't have that 2 years ago against Cleveland.

20. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

I don't buy that our system "exhausts" player more than theirs. It's the opposite because players on this roster run the fewest miles per game.

But I do agree that isolation-heavy games risks bringing the indolence of the players and tends to stifle energy and momentum. Our runs are usually "conditional" in the sense that they are built upon small sparkles. Warriors' runs seem to be more effortless and organic. I'm not sure how we can bridge that gap as yet.