1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The disheartening thing about the loss in Game 1 was how the Dubs didn't even break a sweat.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, May 15, 2018.

1. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

If you let a team pick anyone from the rest of the NBA to play the warriors, I’m not even sure that team would be favored against golden state. GSW has chemistry, an entrenched system for mixing in their players’ talents, a defensive player of the year to cover for their delays on switching, and then probably #1, 2, and 3 when it comes to best shooters in the league.

An roughly assembled Lebron, AD, Giannis, Harden, and Kyrie might barely beat them, but only if Brad Stevens was the coach.

lw17 and bballjunkie like this.
  2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

. . .and if the Rockets were talking championships
    people would be whining about the Rockets looking past Golden State

Rocket River

BigM likes this.
  3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

That's a joke right?

LeBron, AD, Giannis Harden and Kyrie would blow them out of the water. . . .without a bench

Where would Curry hide on defense?
    How much energy would Klay spend on defense?
    The literally have NO ANSWER for LeBron or Harden . . . . .

The Mythologizing of Golden State is sickening

Rocket River

4. Bo6

Bo6 Member

what i'd do:

tell james and paul to live in the mid range
    give ryno minutes to iso joe
    give green minutes to ryno
    put capela on KD whenever possible , tuck can guard draymond/play FS
    give eric gordon MJ's special stuff drink
    pray that one of their big 4 gets temporary diarrhea

i dont think we will win the series, i predicted warriors in 5 but if we can take them to 6 i'd still be proud of my rockets

5. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Sometimes it just is what it is. The Warriors are the superior team. Am I writing off the Rockets? No. It’s just clearly evident the Warriors are too stacked. Durant really did ruin the league.

Take Durant off these Warriors and we probably win in 5 games.

I know it’s been repeated over and over but it is true... Durant joined a team with 3 all stars. Klay and Curry are probably in the discussion for top 5 shooters of all time. Plus Curry was a 2 time MVP. It just really was a b!tch move by KD but it is what it is.

The Rockets should be proud. They went out and fought hard. They played with heart. Our stars played their ass off. Yes, we could adjust some things but overall if we’re playing any other team in the league we blow them out by at least 15.

We have an amazing team and they should hold their heads high. I still am optimistic the Rockets can make it a series but it would really take a miracle to pull off the upset. Once again the Warriors are just too stacked.

This year is basically Avengers Infinity War. The Warriors are Thanos. Let them have their time. Next year if we can get Lebron, we will get redemption and the sun will shine on us yet again.

Go Rockets and keep playing with heart.

6. riko

riko Member

No. Add Davis to our current nucleus and we will beat them.

darksoul35 likes this.
  7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Very True. . . hell replace Ryan ANderson with Joe Ingles and we win

Rocket River

8. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Over the last 2 postseasons the Warriors are now 25-3.

We have to beat them 4 times.

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

We are 2-2 with them this season

Rocket River

BigM likes this.
  10. chinesemamba

chinesemamba Member

0-1 in playoffs though thats when it counts.

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Fortunately it is a 7 game series
    and not the NCAA

Rocket River

BigShasta likes this.
  12. chinesemamba

chinesemamba Member

Its either warriors in 5 or warriors in 6, unless one of their big 4 gets hurt.

13. bj3175

bj3175 Member

The rockets need to play their best brand of ball. The Rox iso about 20 to 25 times a game what they did was iso 40+ times in a game against the champs. You cant beat any team with iso if you are not getting a mismatch. If you are going to do that put iso Jo in on the post otherwise you have to mix it up you cant be so predictable. The Rox couldnt have beaten an elite college team with that foolishness they did last night. To me this is the coach's fault. Watch and see the offensive adjustments he makes in Game 2 the Rox will be much better.

14. CCorn

CCorn Member

The rockets were within striking distance with 3 minutes left, got a bad call, and then it all went to poop. I’m not understanding all the doom and gloom

15. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

Draymond has very high basketball IQ but so did Rodman. If we only had the Dream.

16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I am not giving up. It's just one game.

The Rockets played like the Cavs: a one-man show. It's not gonna cut it against the Celtics, let alone the Warriors. Other guys need to step up. And we need more than Harden ISO. It's too easy to figure out with the kind of personnel the Warriors have.

We laughed at the TNT half-time analysts, and for the record I hate them as much as anyone here, but they were right on one thing. GSW's game plan is to let Harden have his and shut down everybody else so that Harden will inevitably get tired. MDA is supposed to be an offensive genius. He needs to figure out something to punish that strategy.

da_juice likes this.
  17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Look guys. . . .April 27th 2018 has arrived to predict the future. . . ..

Rocket River

BigShasta likes this.
  18. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

The crowd at Toyota center is crap.

19. juanm34

juanm34 Member

It’s going to take a team effort.
    Ryno and booty with 0pts...
    If your going to be on the floor your going to have to score and defend.
    Ariza getting in foul trouble early was not good. I like green but dudes D is mediocre at best.
    We will win game 2 & 3!!!!

BigShasta likes this.
  20. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

The Warriors most likely regard the Rockets and their style of play as a joke compared to their own game. I don't think there is any respect there. I really don't. I think they are laughing because they know they have the Rockets number. They are better shooters, they have a deadly mid-range game, they have better 3 point shooters, and they play as a team. They know they can let Harden go off and make the rest of the team beat them...and they won't be able to because our role players are an inconsistent mess where all they can do is hang out at the 3 point line waiting for a shot. And, Gordon is so damn inconsistent for a sixth man that you don't know if he will be a factor. We've literally got 3 guys on the bench and Mr. Anderson. It's a bad bench. It is what it is. It's good enough for the best record in the regular season and it might have been good enough for a run to the Finals if the Warriors weren't so stacked and talented. If we do win one game, then it will be because KD had a bad game or a couple of their players didn't shoot well while we did. But, it's likely going to be a one-off situation they instantly bounce back from. Those guys are rolling.

#40 Surfguy, May 15, 2018
    Last edited: May 15, 2018