1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The disheartening thing about the loss in Game 1 was how the Dubs didn't even break a sweat.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, May 15, 2018.

1. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Those dudes looked calmed and like they were just going through the motions, especially in the 2nd half. Heck Klay being on the postgame show with Chuck and company laughing and joking made it seem like they had already advanced to the Finals. Rockets need to get nasty in game 2.

Nelly, htwnbandit, Tfor3 and 8 others like this.
  2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

we were basically a one man team, and they could just let james inevitably tire out. Gotta move the rock more, role players have to step up.

3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

We couldn't solve Durant. I love tuck, but Durant has length. Curry and dray had a quiet game.

They knew they won when harden got tired, sat during the third quarter and our deep bench couldn't step up because of the matchups.

I didn't think the calls were that bad. We gave up after that missed backcourt violation play. I don't know if we had dumber rowdier fans to push them to look past it and just play. Maybe they were all tired. Kerr was able to sneak in some bench threes because of the defensive strain their stars force. We better hope it's preparation over conditioning.

I'm not gonna knock them for not playing hard, but this was a typical playoff meltdown mode game where they didn't play smart. Some things were checked off their list but Durant and Klay demoralized them with their easy buckets.

Hitting a few more open threes and free throws has been a constant focus this post season. Interesting the moment Gordon got a few threes after several garbage possessions, he stopped taking them. The inconsistency is maddening.

#3 Invisible Fan, May 15, 2018
    Last edited: May 15, 2018
  4. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I don’t know why anyone pays attention at this point. GSW took their foot off the gas halfway through the fourth. This isn’t competition, it’s not dramatic in any way or form.

This is boring for them, and it was boring for me. Wake me up when the NBA wants to embrace competitive balance again.

TheFreak, smp, R0ckets03 and 14 others like this.
  5. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Dray didn’t really have a quiet game. I mean he didn’t score but he was their biggest plus minus player as is typical cause the dude is the best defender of his generation by MILES.

The GSW have 4 all stars.

The Rockets have 1. Two if you count CP3. Even though he didn’t actually make the team.

The Rockets are meaningfully out talented. EVERY team in the league is.

I’m amazed that folks delude themselves to not realize that. Fans

da_juice, RyanB and daywalker02 like this.
  6. JayZ750

Yes. Exactly. You have to just really dig the process and recognize it’s a 5% shot AT BEST to advance past a healthy GSW.

If everyone on the Rockets come back AND they add Lebron... this team is still an underdog to GSW. Every team is. It’s the greatest collection of talent on one squad in half a century.

RyanB likes this.
  7. mockster

mockster Member

You got 3 all stars and then you just have Durant chilling like he’s Thanos abd just does what he’s needs to do if everyone else is sucking

RyanB likes this.
  8. bballjunkie

bballjunkie Member

Agreed! Durant ruined the NBA by going to a 73 win team without him. Like Kenny Smith said in the pregame, he didn't like that Durant went to GS because it was unfair to the rest of the league. It's not fun to watch when you are pretty sure of the outcome. This is fun for the GSW fans and the bandwagoners. I will still watch my Rockets, but it is frustrating watching a 65 win team that has very little chance to win.

BamBam, TheFreak, IvanLCPM and 6 others like this.
  9. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

This is why the Durant signing was so f**king infuriating.

The 73 win team was a machine, but if you had a good enough gameplan, and played well enough you could beat them. This team you can play extremely well, and Durant just makes a bunch of screw you jump shots right in your face. So many things have to go right just to have a chance.

IvanLCPM, Tomstro, whiskeyred and 5 others like this.
  10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I dunno . .. they were sweating at half time to me

Rocket River

Voltik, DreamShook, tinman and 7 others like this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Part of it has to do with the 3 close games of which Houston won 2 in the regular season.

HC advantage gave hope, and it still does but that's all what's left at this point.

Harden: They ain't even that good in 2015
    Clint: We are better than them.
    Morey: 360 days a year obsession.

Houston's goal was win against GSW first, 2nd goal Championship.

GSW's only goal was more CHAMPIONSHIPS.

lw17 likes this.
  12. riko

riko Member

That tells you more about Durant lack of competitive spirit then anything else. Not the warriors fault.

13. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Capela needs to cover Durant.

There's no one else that can truly disrupt his shot (at 6'10" with a 7'4" wingspan) when he's taking that turn around or fadeaway jumper.

If he keeps getting these "easy" looks there's no way we can keep up with the Warriors.

14. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Best defender of his generation? I don't know about that but he does benefit from the refs and playing with 3 all stars. The **** they let him get away with is ridiculous.

hakeem94 and lw17 like this.
  15. JayZ750

You can’t win a championship without beating GSW so no prob with that.

But you need to add AD plus upgrade the 3 on this team to have a chance at that.

GSW learned their lesson by going for it 2 years ago. Absent injuries they’d be going for their 4th championship in a row.

So this year of their Hampton 5, they played 73,70,68,61 and 51 games (might not be exact). Which they were fine with.

Now as planned they’re all healthy. And when they’re all healthy they virtually can’t be beat.

Like I don’t think people realize how good and important Dray is. He is so far ahead defensively of 99% of nba players. AND he can basically run the point, rack up assists (granted on that squad), and he’ll score a lot in one or two games a series.

I’m not losing hope. I’m just pointing out the obvious.

If Harden continues to give you 40, the role players step up and they play better defense... while the Warriors don’t play up to par (and they weren’t amazing last night especially Steph)... then the Rockets can take the series!

Rocket River and daywalker02 like this.
  16. JayZ750

I don’t see how it’s arguable.

He can guard at supreme levels all 5 positions.

Nobody else can really do that.

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Life isn't fair. I just want the rockets to make a lot of shots and make the other team break a sweat.

Small delusional goals, I know.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I mightily agree on Draymond Green.

He is much smarter than people think, they think he is just a player who can't control his emotions much like Rodman.

He uses his emotions to fuel the team, fuel the other Allstars.

He saw Harden got it going for quick points, immediately shoves him and signals him, you will be taken down!

Then avoids the 2nd technical by not repeating it.

darksoul35 and lw17 like this.
  19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

They broke a sweat.

We just didn’t have the gas to finish with them.

Makes sense. They took half the season off with “injuries”.

hakeem94 and lw17 like this.
  20. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I wish Clutchfans would be so demoralized after a loss. I know we all have championship aspirations, but can't let that get us down. GSW is just a great team, and many fans were hopefully humbled after watching last night. We have to play perfect to beat them, they don't.

I believe, but I knew from the beginning it would be an uphill battle. Let's hope the Rockets make some adjustments. GSW took away our corner three pass, we can still get that three, but rockets need to instead swing the ball in that direction rather than relying on the kick and drive to get that three. Easier said than done when our team has been accustomed playing like they have all season.