1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Dear Kevin Durant

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ipaman, May 15, 2018.

1. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I love basketball so just want to say F@#% YOU!!! for ruining my love of the nba by executing the most b**** move of all time. Your scaly, slippery, b**** ass has broken the league. Congratulations you won your chip and ruined the league in the process. You've broken the luxury tax, competitive balance, interest in the playoffs, interest in the league, etc...,

marks0223, seclusion, kubli9 and 34 others like this.
  2. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I legitimately wonder what was going through Adam's Silver brain at the exact moment he got wind of it...

Rox11, lw17, J Sizzle and 1 other person like this.
  3. roslolian

roslolian Member

It's ridiculous the NBA stopped the cp3 trade for "balance" but allowed KD to join what was historically the best team in history.

Now he resigned for less $$$ and Klay Thompson is about to do the same esp if they win another ring.

seclusion, lw17, napalm06 and 9 others like this.
  4. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I've heard him say after KD signed that he didn't like it but sneks are slippery and sneaky so he probably didn't know until it was too late.

5. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

I agree that durant made nba parity even worse than it previously was but I dont want to hop in the salt fest just yet. We can still win.

6. roslolian

roslolian Member

Regardless whether the Rox win or not it still broke the NBA parity. The Rockets have 2 legit top 5 NBA players and a deep roster and they still got their asses handed to them on a platter.

lw17 likes this.
  7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

If the Rockets lose, and yes, still an If for me. I'm not giving up on them yet....

but if they do I just hope the Celtics crush this whole thing. I respect how the Celtics built their possible superteam. Kyrie came over to a team to prove himself as a #1 option, Hayward left a successful team to come, the rest are just well scouted players. Meanwhile, you have beta dudes in GSW taking 50 million dollar paycuts so they can have it easier...

Which, I don't think CP3 or Lebron will EVER do. They hate that players have to sacrifice to win. They are on record for that, that players should get as much money as possible and owners should just pay the tax if they want to win...but not on GSW, all their beta stars are just going to take paycuts so they can cruise to the title.

So go Celtics, if they make it, I think they have a better shot at beating GSW than the Cavs because the Cavs are just one man at this point.

I don't even care if the Celtics go on and win the next 7 championships, I just want the Warriors and Beta Durant finished. I want them to see that despite it all, someone built a team better than theirs, and it took no beta dogs taking massive paycuts to do it.

The fact that he left OKC AFTER blowing a series lead to go play for the Warriors is just...it's just mind numbing man.

I know I'm just one person but I will never respect their championships in comparison to other teams. Durant can win 15 rings and it still won't mean more than Lebron's one in Cleveland or Jordan's 6. Him and the rest of the Warriors will always be front-runners, scared of a challenge, and scared of competition.

This isn't bitterness. Said this stuff when he signed with them. It's a B___H move. Always has been, always will be. You had stars like Pippen, Kobe/Shaq, Lebron, you name it...all these guys won rings on great teams and STILL wanted to prove they could win a ring without that 'other guy'.

#7 JayGoogle, May 15, 2018
    Last edited: May 15, 2018
    arubato, Perki-Perk, lw17 and 15 others like this.
  8. theoldblood

theoldblood Member

Funny thing is, there are some people out there that actually defend KD's move to Golden State and I'm not talking about just GS fans. How people can even begin to defend such a weak move by arguably the 2nd best player in the league is beyond me.

BigShasta and BigO like this.
  9. theoldblood

theoldblood Member

Just hop on it, Durant made it easy and legit the second he went to Golden State.

10. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Come on man, the Celtics??? They have rightfully earned a lot of respect but no one is beating the Warriors...

dragonwill and Sajan like this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They got one KT and one KD.

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The Celtics have a better shot than the Cavs because they play complete team basketball and probably the best coach in the league.

They are doing this without 2 legit all-star players too, I'm not just talking about this year, I'm talking about years to come. The Celtics could be building a dynasty here.

arabrocket and BigO like this.
  13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

It's sad but yeah, we have people even here that defended the move.

There is no defense of it. No MVP caliber player has ever done this before. We have more instances of players LEAVING great teams just to prove that they are more than a 'Robin' player and that they can carry their own team.

It really sucks because I don't see CP3 or Lebron taking a paycut, they are really big on the idea that players shouldn't take paycuts and that owners should just pay the tax

I guess that is what I really hate about GSW, they got extremely lucky getting beta stars taking huge paycuts to win.

Jake Tower and BigO like this.
  14. BigO

BigO Member

You dont need either to take paycut, all we need to do is sign and trade for Lebron, Gordon and Anderson (along with picks) to Cavs. We could even resign Capela, the tax would be quite insane and i'm not sure Tinman is ready to pay that much.

lw17 and Game7 like this.
  15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

And that's the thing, the tax. The tax is supposed to prevent things like that from happening or limiting it so that an owner wins 2-3 championships and figures he's had his fun and start cutting costs.

16. Game7

Game7 Member

I think you misspelled the title. "Kill" is spelled k-i-l-l. Not d-e-a-r.

Jontro and ipaman like this.
  17. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Can I join in and say Dear Kevin Durant you have ruined the NBA for many many ****ing years, am sorry but I have to say your are nothing but a punk ass b**** for pulling the pussiest move of the NBA history, although, I understand you couldn't wait to bolt the **** out of that miserable place Oklahoma and considering the fact that you had a teammate like Westbrook, but out of all 30 teams you have decided to join the team the beat the same year, it truly says alot about your personalty and the type of person you are, you have truly destroyed the biggest sports association in the world, so I just wanted to say from the bottom of my heart **** you

Rox11, lw17, BigMaloe and 4 others like this.
  18. FearTheBeardJH

You seem to be clueless about what makes people interested in the league.

Reality: every sport is more popular when there is someone who is far better than the rest of the competition and unpredictability is almost non-existent.

It's silly how players receive backlash because they make a decision that's the best for themselves when there is no crying about fairness, when lopsided trades happen(both Lakers and Celtics 80's dynasties happened because of that) or teams blatantly tank to get top talent.

Bottom line: stop being r****ded telling people to take worse jobs because of your own selfish reasons.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Without the Warriors the Rockets would be above everyone else unless CP3 retires.......

It would be the same. People would just moan about ISO ball and it not being fair.......

The difference is it is not our team.

20. max14

max14 Member

To be honest it felt the same when Jordan 3 peated

Bulls was 2-0 up won both away games, Then nearly 3-0 up vs the suns.

Then he retired....

Then he came back and it was the same sh*t again

#20 max14, May 15, 2018
    Last edited: May 15, 2018