1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ Angels

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, May 14, 2018.

1. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

All series talk goes in here. Non series talk goes somewhere else. No PBP, that can be found from other sources if you need it. All games are broadcast on AT&T Sports SW unless otherwise noted.

5-14 Lance McCullers Jr. vs. Andrew Heaney 9:07

5-15 Gerrit Cole vs. Jaime Barria 9:07

5-16 Justin Verlander vs. Garrett Richards 8:40

2. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Its difficult to just look at the starters and not think we cant win every game. Be happy with 2 of 3.

arkoe likes this.
  3. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Was hoping Morton before Verlander.. Wanted Verlander to go against Bauer.. or maybe Cole or McCullers.

4. texans1095

texans1095 Member

No reason this can't be a win. The bats woke up a bit in the past two games so let's see if they can keep it going. It would be nice to see Altuve get a couple multi-hit games out in LA.

5. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Just a memo to those who are Rocket fans, but having been paying less attention lately: Rockets vs. Warriors at 8pm tonight. I feel like I've been a anti-bandwagon fan for the Rockets. Any given day, the worst team in baseball can defeat the the best team. In the NBA, it is more rare for the worst team to beat the best. Most Rocket games have been boring to me except when they play against one of the other great teams in the NBA. Should be interesting tonight.

At worst case, the first half will make a nice pregame show.

6. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I'm the exact opposite, basketball games are must see TV for me. Unless I have some event that pulls me away from the TV, I'm sitting down and watching every Rockets game from start to finish. I was also a Rockets fan first and my Astros fandom likely owes itself to the Rockets. I enjoyed watching basketball so much, I figured I might enjoy one of other sports. There was no baseball tradition in my house growing up.

I probably only start to finish 1/3 of Astros games live. I DVR and watch later, or I watch in the background while watching or doing something else. Individual regular season baseball games simply aren't attention grabbers.

Naturally the Astros are a complete afterthought when a Rockets playoff game is happening, my mood at midnight will have nothing to do with the Astros result.

7. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

Glad we're missing Ohtani the pitcher this time. This should be a sweep.

I'd love for us to put up a big, crooked number in the first inning of JV's start... give the man a breather for once.

Field Goal Gary and craigharmann like this.
  8. Nook

Nook Member

Trout, Ohtani, Simmons, Upton and Cozart can be a handful.

9. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

This series beginning tomorrow would've been better. Seems every Rockets game is overlapped with the Astros. Now, there's no Astros or Rockets Thursday.

Sweep these MFs. Angels won the series @MMP and Stros couldn't sweep the Rangers. Broomstick the Angels ass.

jim1961 likes this.
  10. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Going to the game tmrw to see Cole hopefully dominate. Not to mention Ohtani should be playing. Can't wait.

11. Marteen

Marteen Member

I only find myself watching 1/3 of other basketball games if they're not the Rockets. If they're not on my team, I don't really care that much about them unless it's crunch time. Maybe it's the "Game 1, don't overreact" thought process that really has me not putting too much stock in games until it's close to elimination.

12. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

They have recovered quite nicely over the last two seasons.

I still expect them to fade by mid season.

texans1095 likes this.
  13. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Same way.

I find myself struggling to keep focused on the Rockets in these playoffs (especially when they go through some of their cold stretches), and naturally migrate to an Astros game to help ease the frustration (and plus, their games have been more consistent in what you can expect... great pitching, consistently inconsistent hitting).

If you had told my younger self that would be the case, he'd never believe it. Maybe I'm an index fan of why Houston has thus far had a passion problem in regards to this Rockets team. I'm still plenty happy when they win... but I no longer live/die with each playoff game (which I suppose could change back).

jim1961 likes this.
  14. Amshirvani

Amshirvani Contributing Member

I think for me it’s lack of parity in the NBA. Just start to lose interest when it’s the Warriors vs Lebron every year. It’ll be nice if the rockets win but I fully expect the Warriors to win it all. Stern really shouldn’t have let Durant sign with them.

Back on topic—sweep the As

jim1961 likes this.
  15. Buck Turgidson

It's a 2-TV night en mi casa. I'm already pacing around.

16. BonziWellsGOAT

Lol Valbuena with the bat flip single

17. edwardc

edwardc Member

Why didn't he challenge that.

18. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

Need the road bats to show up soon

19. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

Yea looked like he was initially blocked off the bag

20. Amshirvani