1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Coach: Team needs to take it seriously

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, May 2, 2018.

1. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

That Chris Paul Leadership doe???

2. JHarden713

JHarden713 Member

We do, its embarrassing honestly, I thought during the regular season that we'll turn up in the playoffs, but its flat out butt-cheeks. Where the hell are all of the Texans fans, they're not the Rockets fans as well? They're willing to pay 200$+ for a regular season game vs the Bills but not in playoffs for the Rockets, mindblowing. Texans got a badass crowd n its always sold-out. I mean I understand its a football town but Nrg holds 70k seats while TC 20k......

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

They are too full of themselves, the regular season is meaningless now.....they failed to protect home court.

We can win this round that way, but not the next.

DD

4. IBTL

IBTL Member

great post but wondering if they will ever get this. They turned it on last night came back then went to sleep again.
    Even that was seemingly too easy.

Will it take down 2-1 or 3-1 to wake them?

5. Cooked Em

Cooked Em Member

Dantoni is always saying "them and they" when they lose to say its not him. What a garbage coach. He's clutch in deflecting off court, garbage on the court. This team is weak.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

says the "new fan"

topfive likes this.
  7. PatBev

PatBev Member

One thing I've always noticed about the rockets is how after a few wins we got to loose just to humble ourselves again cause we always seem like its a guarantee win. I was laughing about it with my friends last night during the first half.

8. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

I don't blame the coach, this is on the players at this point. Lazy rotations, settling on offense and not moving the ball. Our bench has given us nothing so far this series. We need them to be somewhat productive out there. That was a big advantage we had over teams, but now its a weakness. Luc just came back so I expect him to be off. EG, Ryno, even Green is off right now. Gotta get those guys going next game to close this thing out.

J Sizzle likes this.
  9. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Have you grown to HATE CHRIS PAUL?

10. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

This is exactly how I saw it.

Thought they could just roll out of bed and step on the neck.

justtxyank likes this.
  11. MD_in_Training

Whether or not MDA should be blamed for the loss depends on what adjustment could he have made at the half to respond to the adjustments Utah made. The question is also what adjustments can he make for game 3.

I actually think he did an ok job in terms of Xs and Os. We took away the Gobert rim run adequately in the second half, but this in turn left their shooters open, because we brought a help defender from the perimeter. They took a page out of Kobe's analysis and lobbed it high so our on-ball defender can't just strip it.

On the offensive side, we need to make shots, and Harden needs to stop ISOing every other play. It's obvious that they watched tons of tape on the Harden ISO, because both Mitchell and Exum were much more keen on knowing when James would pull up. They weren't simply reacting... they were PREDICTING and getting a good contest in. Instead, we need to run the pick every time and only ISO if they switch. If they don't switch, then we can break down their defense and our perimeter guys need to make their shots. If we keep ISOing on their guards and our bench can't shoot better than 36%, then I don't see us winning this series.

12. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I think they already woke up. I wouldnt be surprised if they came out and smothered Utah early tomorrow.

I'm not going to say it will be easy at all. Utah is a great team. I just think that when this team puts in the effort on defense they are incredibly tough to beat.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Kevin McHale was right - PLAY HARDER !

DD

CometsWin likes this.
  14. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I know it's the way the offense has been run since the second half of the season, but I hate the slow pace we are playing at right now. It makes every possession so important. My favorite thing about CP3 taking the ball up the court is he gets across halfcourt much faster than Harden. I wish they would start moving faster.

15. Asian Sensation

In the famous words of Milk hair sometimes the team just needs to play harder. Can’t blame D’Antoni for this loss. The players didn’t try until they were down big. No adjustment or substitution would’ve made a difference when the effort was not there.

16. hakeemthagreat

Don't put it on CP. James Harden's our best player and he came sleepwalking

17. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Playoff CP3 is a thing... those mid-range bricks in the first half are a career-long pattern...

18. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

best BPM, 32 & 10 sleepwalking?

its alright if you blame Harden for the loss for not scoring 45+

but since when did 32 & 10 become sleepwalking??

19. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Look at the entirety of the game. Harden did not turn it on until we were down 19. He was noticeably lazy on both ends of the court for the first 15-20 minutes of the game.

Now...I do not blame the game on Harden. It was a team loss. I think D'Antoni was miserably outcoached, and the role players continue to give very little offensively. Chris Paul is supposed to lead the team when Harden's on the bench but those lineups are consistently underwhelming so far. The defense was embarrassing from everybody on the team. But effort should not be a problem for Harden with his reputation so thoroughly on the line. He took too long to get things going and it helped lead to an early hole that should never have happened.

20. treeman

treeman Member

Clearly, this series is over. The Rockets should just forfeit the rest of the games, someone could get injured.