1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does James Harden gets that call?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hakeem94, May 1, 2018.

1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

2. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

No lol.

Harden does not get that weak jump to his side call for 3 free throws to tie a playoff game with 20 seconds left.

These are the same analysts who make statements like “harden is a crappy playoff performer because he doesnt get the same calls and cant rely on the whistle” in the playoffs

3. vince

vince Member

I think they just don’t like Harden because he seems so aloof. And that is not the image the national media wants to portray for the NBA.

Therefore he is an easy guy to root against for the national pundits.

kjayp and hakeem94 like this.
  4. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Next season there should be an Official 2018-2019 Media Segments About The Rockets thread where you guys can circle jerk about the opinions from different media guys some of you claim to hate in one thread so the GARM won't be filled up with it.

5. Houston112

Houston112 Member

didnt even have to watch the video, but let me guess. Stephen Jackson is damage controlling okc's season, and looking to blame anybody but Russ. Racist fans, Coaching, foul calls.. PATHETIC

6. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Funny how Harden got destroyed in last years playoffs with no Chris Paul and excellent Bench guys in Luc, Gerald. Clint being great this year P.J having toughness. Russell Westbrook never do no wrong by majority of the analysts. Skip Bayless, Stephen Jackson, Kristen Ledlow, Michelle Beadle, Ernie Johnson, Shaquille O'Neal, Max Kellerman, Jalen Rose,Antonio Daniels, Royce Young. All Westbrook Lovers, you can all leave in a First Round Exit.

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

Paul George got fouled on a 3 before that final play which would’ve tied the game up IIRC, but thanks to the “Harden Rule,” he didn’t get 3 free throws because it wasn’t on the gather...last year it would’ve been 3 free throws

OKC fans and everybody else were loving these rules put in place to nerf Harden which obviously didn’t work since he still averaged 30 and 10+ trips to the line, but these rules affect their players as well

edit: this vid shows the 1st foul I’m talking about

last year, that’s 3 free throws, this year it’s sideline out of bounds because of the “Harden Rule”

8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

TOUCHE!

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

NO...
    We need a separate thread for each episode

juanm34 likes this.
  10. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

OKC Media crying about Harden getting fouled on 3 pointers, Now there is a rule in place because of Media. Now they are crying for a foul? Really!

juanm34, BigShasta, adw and 8 others like this.
  11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

LOL

12. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

This thread is funny

adw and hakeem94 like this.
  13. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Quick change the rule back, "Harden Rule" might be back next year because of this Paul George 3 pointers. Smh, the league always changes its rules.

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. Jontro

Jontro Member

i dunno breh... i can't seem to put my finger on the problem with okc. something is wrong, but i just can't figure it out.

slothy420 likes this.
  15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

HE has been going show to show trying to justify the OKC Season

Rocket River

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

This is exactly what I thought when I saw that foul happen. That it was going to be called no shot. After seeing the "Harden Rule" be called all yeah it seemed like it was almost a textbook case in that situation. Unfortunately as the name implies that rule seems like it was exclusively called (or not called) for Harden so the majority of the fans (especially casual ones) probably have not seen it called that way yet this season. I did think it was a bit satisfying to see it called on someone else for once.

As for the final play of the game? No way Harden gets that call. A big reason is that James rarely does the Wade "pump fake and jump into the defender" move. If he was that open and isolated on Gobert he would have just shot it (or done a stepback). But if for whatever reason he tried what George did he isnt getting that call at all and people would be roasting Harden for taking a gamble to get to the line in a situation where a good shot would have been far more beneficial.

17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Harden knows the rules, lol.

CCity Zero, J Sizzle, adw and 3 others like this.
  18. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

like I've said, Paul George is worth 12 mil

19. photojoe

photojoe Member

Something was wrong with them last season too.

It's so confusing! What could it possibly be?? I mean, they changed about half their roster, yet they still had the same problems. They had just barely more wins and the exact same result in the playoffs. Why can't anyone figure out what the problem is?!?

Jontro and hakeem94 like this.
  20. photojoe

photojoe Member

I can see him being overrated. But 12 mil?