1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"There you go" Hubie Brown

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sufiank, Dec 16, 2017.

1. RiceRockets

RiceRockets Member

I don't think Hubie has a horse in the race. I think he's getting too old now anyway.

Hakeemtheking and RyanB like this.
  2. Caesar

Caesar Member

This thread title made me laugh. Me and my friends were talking about the same exact thing. "There you go! Come on now." To US Rockets fans, it looks like he's always rooting against us, but if you watch other games, Hubie always cheers on the losing team and gives tips especially when the losing team is getting blown out. Teams just happen to always be losing to us this season. Hubie just wants a good game and not a blow out and probably a fan of the underdogs. Though im sure as old school as he is, he probably thinks 3 pt reliant teams are a gimmick. Poor Hubie has to think about any moment could be his last and he has to spend it at a boring Rockets blow out at an empty Toyota Center blasting urban music in his old ears.

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

there you go

RiceRockets, RyanB, Haymitch and 5 others like this.
  4. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

For the ones saying he gave us compliments, I mean shouldn't he..?? Lol we are the winning team, what is he going to say or how would he praise the loosing team...!!!

dc rock and hakeem94 like this.
  5. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

At some point he called the rockets "those guys".

Houston112 and hakeem94 like this.
  6. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

he said "there it is" on Harden's step back three too ...

some of you guys are just an injury waiting for insult. when did we become the whiniest witches ever?!!

justtxyank and hakeem94 like this.
  7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Hubie has a loser mentality

8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Come on now!

Jontro likes this.
  9. Jontro

Jontro Member

you just sucked the gravity out of the building!

10. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Yeah, I always noticed he seems to go for the team against Houston. Often.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Hubie has to GO! There he goes.

12. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

When was the last time he did a game where we were significant underdogs, and it wasn't just an even matchup or we were favored? We should go back to that game and see how he called it.

13. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

This year. It's unfortunate because the delicate "fans" make us all look bad. They can find a way to be upset about anything.

14. likestohypeguy

Yeah he does it both ways, but Hubie has made me realize I don't actually mind biased color & play by play guys, so long as they're actually doing their job, not simply cheering like a fan, for whichever team.

15. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Hubie was actually way more complimentary of the Rockets than usual yesterday. I mean, how could he not be after that first half. But he's been far worse than that in previous broadcasts. I'm just glad we don't have to listen to Jon Barry anymore. That dude has a legit beef with this franchise for some odd reason.

16. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Hubie always blatantly roots for the underdog. I don't think he hates the Rockets per say, but since they're favored in pretty much every game he's always rooted for the other team every time.

There were a few times when Capela scored where he seemed pleased. But he definitely was rooting for Utah to do good things more.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  17. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

On numerous occasions he said "Nice" after the Rockets made a good play. It happened more in the first half before the Rockets blew this open, and the narrative of the game shifted towards "What do the Jazz need to do to get back in this?" Why? Because that's what an impartial audience at home would be thinking.

18. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I've watched several non-Rocket games and Hubie roots for the underdog every single time.

19. Newlin

Newlin Member

Meanwhile, Jazz fans are disgusted with the love that Hubie always gives the Rockets. I guess fans on both sides hear what they want to hear.

20. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Millennials... everything is offensive now. Everyone wants to go march on Washington about everything. Land of the entitled. DOnt worry I gotta infected too.