1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Timberwolves @ Rockets 4/25/2018 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 5)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 24, 2018.

1. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Nvr mind. Musta hit p4825 by accident while carrying iPad

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Seems like the shooting is back!

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  3. OTMax

OTMax Member

Finally we hit shots, but still not happy we had to turn it on and did not come out with a sense of urgency and stomp on their neck.

Solid games from lots of guys, Harden and Capela along with Tucker had great games all round. Harden played D again, just he needs to stop whining when he misses shots.

Good win and looked like a solid crowd, not a great one though. I have respect for the Bulls boys and Towns. They tried the whole series, Towns got better and more aggressive. I’ve lost respect for Wiggins and don’t think he will ever get it.

All in all, underwhelming series but we've shown flashes of greatness. It was nice to see we ran as one for the last victory with 6 guys in double figures, truly felt like a team win.

CrushCity and hakeem94 like this.
  4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

media conspiracy

it isn't fair gif.gif

hakeem94 and waytookrzy079 like this.
  6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I see what you did there

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

All juices are flowin'.

8. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

LOL whiner complaining about whining

did you expect us a sweep and blow out by 20 everygame a true 3rd seed team whose pedigree is closer to GSW than us?

and how do we even overcome that game 3 where they shot 55% of their threes? we shoot 75% of our threes?

arubato and Os Trigonum like this.
  9. Fantasma Negro

Meanwhile Dre relegated to the second row and he didn't seem pleased about it.

10. clos4life

clos4life Member

One won us a championship, the other didn't. Simple as that

ThatGuyJoe, adw, CrushCity and 3 others like this.
  11. SuraGotMadHops

I don't understand the folks that complain when we don't blow them out from the beginning. I mean there is another good team competing on the other side. It's not always going to be a 20 point lead wire to wire. They play hard, we play hard, we're better, so we won. Rockets dominated this series. On to the next challenge.

IvanLCPM, hakeem94, adw and 3 others like this.
  12. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Because that type of blow out from tip to finish and a complete series sweep of non-contender would be the only 'peace of mind' these people have that the Rockets could not only compete against the Warriors but beat them in a a playoff series. I somewhat agree with them.

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

But the warriors don’t blow out opponents from start to finish either. Rarely does that happen in the league unless there’s a tanking Suns team

Hakeemtheking, hakeem94 and YOLO like this.
  14. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

I love you.

15. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

16. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Dre looks very envious of what Verlander has

hakeem94 and CrushCity like this.
  17. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

No, the Warriors in fact have been doing what the Rockets do. Their starters in previous seasons had lots of games where they were tied or even down a few points in the first quarter. Then their bench came in and buried the other team's bench. And if that didn't happen, eventually their offensive weapons, superior depth, and stellar defense would eventually overwhelm the opponent in the second half.

Sound familiar?

BigShasta likes this.
  18. basketballholic

I didn't say that for this team this season. What I've stated very clearly is our weak spot is paint defense. If we don't win a championship and everybody is healthy, the reason will be we got chewed up in the defensive paint. I stand by those remarks.

On a separate note:
    Capela did play well defensively.......this series. I hope he is able to keep manning the defensive paint well enough for our offensive to continue blowing opponents up.

#1478 basketballholic, Apr 26, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
    hakeem94 likes this.
  19. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

MIN shots nearly 51% (47% from 3) and lost by 18. I know that's not unusual because of how we play, but it still amazes me.

djperm and hakeem94 like this.
  20. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Obviously you're talking about a championship, championship ring, playing for an organization that knows wtf they're doing when it comes to building a championship team

buffalobills!!! and Cstyle42 like this.