1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who do you want in the second round?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatboyPhuong, Apr 26, 2018.

?

Who would you like to face in the second round?

1. JAZZ

95 vote(s)
    79.2%
  2. THUNDER

25 vote(s)
    20.8%
  1. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

I personally want to face the Jazz in the next round. They dont have a Harden or CP3 stopper. They rely heavily on their rookie star Mitchell. OKC in the other hand have star power, and have gave us matchup problems. The thunder are really physical as well.

After tonight loss to the thunder, I can see the Jazz being so drained from this upsetting loss. I dont think they can recover from this. I truly believe the Thunder are going to take this series.

2. RocketBlood

RocketBlood Contributing Member

Go to sleep.

Louka likes this.
  3. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

Let's go to bed.

4. Drogba

Drogba Member

Who the hell would want to play the Thunder lol? Give my Utah all day instead of an emotional & physical series right before the WCF. Utah literally have no one that can defend Harden lol.

5. RoyalGuard

RoyalGuard Member

Not likely but possible. The jazz dropped the ball but only cause of the foul trouble gobert and favors got into early and they where able to attack the paint at will. I think Utah will take the next game tho.

6. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Utah Jazz

I'm confident we would beat either team fairly comfortably, but I honestly just don't want to see OKC. Not because I'm afraid of them, but because it actually pains me to watch them play them basketball.

baller4life315, Sajan, leroy and 8 others like this.
  7. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

This. Plus they still up 3-2 and they lost on the road and next game ia at home

houston19519 likes this.
  8. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Remember when Harden dropped 50 on them earlier this season and that was with Gobert

vlaurelio and houston19519 like this.
  9. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Probably anybody who has watched the hilariously flawed OKC lineup stumble its way to near elimination for a week, seen Westbrook become mentally unglued by Ricky Rubio and Mitt Romney (wearing a Rodney Hood jersey, no less), seen Carmelo play basketball....

Last night's come back notwithstanding - the Thunder are a mess. Utah instead plays greater than the sum if it's parts and Mitchell has been amazing

Roc Paint and harold bingo like this.
  10. hizzobbes

hizzobbes Member

Not that it really matters but it wasn't a Rodney Hood jersey. It was number 5, but it was for some charity/cancer foundation thing. You can see their logo on the jersey.

eric.81 likes this.
  11. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

It looked sweet over his business shirt. lol...;)

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I wanna smoke the Thunder.

13. treeman

treeman Member

While I'd love to see us crush Westbrook and Melo (the latter for leaving us at the altar, which actually turned out for the best), I've hated the Jazz for virtually all of my adult life, and I will continue to hate them until the day I die. Every time I think of them I think of Stockton and Malone and 1997 and then it just all comes back again...

The Jazz will always top my list of teams I'd love to see us demolish in the playoffs.

cbs1507, Nick_713, adw and 4 others like this.
  14. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

lol at all you picking the Jazz cause you want the easy matchup. Y'all are WHACK! I'm looking forward to playing the Jazz because I want to revitalize the rivalry. #RevitalizetheRivalry

malakas, DD444 and Roc Paint like this.
  15. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I’m sure the fans from either one of those teams are so excited to see the Rockets.

16. DD444

DD444 Member

I think we all agree and confident that we will beat either one of them in the next round, it is really just which Win are we going to prefer before we match up with the warriors. I prefer the Jazz, because we do match up well again them. Westbrook has a nasty attitude when things are not going his way and he plays dirty when that happens, I can see us get into more than basketball when we play them. Anyway, hopefully they are going into a 7 game series and that ll give us more time to rest and time to study them.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  17. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

It's nice to be favored either way...

For me, I'd rather see the Jazz. Even though I think the scariest prospect in this whole series is Utah's crowd, I still think OKC is the more talented team. It's a choice between simply being better than one team but knowing it will be a grind to win the series (Jazz) or hoping a more talented but underwhelming team doesn't catch fire at the right time. We just kinda did the being-better-but-grind against the T'Wolves. I think the Jazz would be a similar outcome, 4-1, lose game 3 and everything.

Against OKC, I do believe we would win but I don't think it would be the grind variety. I think it would get into a couple shootouts, a favorable proposition for the best offense in the league but still, as much as I loathe Westbrook his ability to drag that team with him is still to be noted. Although against OKC, if you start out games strong, start out the series with a couple Ws they would probably be the team (between them or Jazz) to give up, pack it in and let the Rockets glide past them. Westbrook could also just as easily be a human-anchor, so note that as well.

I also don't believe either team is as good as the T'Wolves.

Go Pelicans.

18. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

I want Harden to beat the last 9 MVPs during this playoff run!:eek:

Rose
    Westbrook
    Curry
    Durant
    LeBron

linvetb6 and bulkatron like this.
  19. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

Jazz are a better team.

Thunder have the higher upside.

As I expect to beat either, it makes more sense from my point of view to minimize upside and play the Jazz. I don't think they're particularly well-suited to stop our particular brand of offense, despite their incredible defensive system.

20. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Thunder - they are paper tigers

linvetb6 likes this.