1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We Should Grab Dez

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Coach E, Apr 13, 2018.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I completely understand your concerns and you may end up being 100% correct. I just think that you add the talent in order to make the other players on the team happy and I think there is strong enough leadership on the team now to make up for a few divas. If this was the Texans a few years back, then I wouldn't even want to risk it but I think that for the most part the team is full of strong football first leaders and on top of that, if Dez shows up and is a distraction, he'd be doing nothing but proving the Cowboys right for dumping him. I think that's the last thing he'd want to do. I think that alone could keep him in check at least for one season.

2. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

With or without Dez

coachbadlee likes this.
  3. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Let's get him. I know OL FA is more desireabke but that is dry. Take best talent available and let's go

4. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

The Texans have enough money to spend...that a 1 or 2 year deal wont affect their future. There is nothing available at other positions of need, so you may as well give it a shot a see what happens.

ROXRAN and Fulgore like this.
  5. StevieCrossover

Dez price is way to high you need to cut him.

all in all, he may be a headcase.

6. seank1986

seank1986 Member

7. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

im suprised our beat writer John Mclain has killed our hype buzz (With his typical) Texans have no interest lol

8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Sportsline odds: Which team will Dez Bryant play for in 2018?

• New England Patriots: 3/1
    • Indianapolis Colts: 5/1
    • Washington Redskins: 5/1
    • San Francisco 49ers: 6/1
    • Green Bay Packers: 6/1
    • Carolina Panthers: 10/1
    • Baltimore Ravens: 10/1
    • Houston Texans: 10/1

Finally, there are the Texans. Bryant was born in the Houston suburbs before attending Oklahoma State. He’d stay in Texas, teaming up with Deshaun Watson. Imagine Bryant lined up to the left and DeAndre Hopkins lining up on the right. That’s a potent trio that could take charge of the AFC South. If they can wiggle under the cap, I’d expect the Texans to aggressively pursue Bryant. At 10/1, this feels like a steal.

Chanmarr and conquistador#11 like this.
  10. conquistador#11

which means dez is already on his way to the H.

11. seank1986

seank1986 Member

12. hakimthdream02

we should get dez and cj anderson... he just got released so that would be niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

lionaire and NewRoxFan like this.
  13. Champs

Champs Member

I would be down for that. Then spend every single pick on OL and a TE.

hakimthdream02 likes this.
  14. J.R.

J.R. Member

John Harris:

When you look at dead cap money Cowboys will have to experience this year & outright cutting him & not offering a pay cut, that should tell you something. To say "See ya!", wow. That tells me everything. I'm sure some people plugged him into Madden over the weekend. I got Will, DeAndre & Dez, that's awesome, why can't it happen in real life? There's a lot of things in real life that will not fly in Madden & vice versa. This is one of them. Dez in the locker room, how he is with the coaching staff, I'm not sure how comfortable I am putting him in that environment. The Texans WRs are not divas crying for the ball. Hopkins is the least diva of them all. He'll never tell Deshaun to throw me the ball [coming back to the huddle]. Throwing Dez in there who's saying throw me the ball & is loud about it, that can make people uncomfortable. Not just coaches but players as well. I'd be skittish about bringing him in. He'll also work with a route coach. For 8 years, what was he doing? It floors me. You have money under the cap. You need to get Clowney extended, probably a B-Mac extension as well & provide for a rainy day if something happens to your key players down the road. They should add a WR in the draft (not in the 3rd round). Deep WR class. Not sure Dez is the right fit on a number of different levels. Not sure I trust him with this team & if he's not getting the ball early on. Not sure I buy him being a good fit for this squad.

15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

16. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I don't have twitter to confirm but somebody just posted on FB that dez just followed a bunch of Texan players on twitter

17. Nimo

Nimo Member

forget FB or twitter, just stay on Clutchfans

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Old news. ;)

Apparently wants to play for the (1)Giants, (2)Raiders, (3)Rams (and a bunch of other teams, Texans included, after that per Mike Fisher)

19. seank1986

seank1986 Member

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

Texans are the favorites! Texans are the leaders! Texans are pushing hard!

Fake twitter insiders like the Carmelo insiders who said the deal was done. ;):rolleyes: #onthe2yardline