1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Spurs Drama

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by durvasa, Apr 15, 2018.

1. Vivi

Vivi Member

I don't really know, maybe he feels like the Spurs will not trade him unless he acts this way...and maybe he wants to go now cause if he ends up in L.A he can get a better shoes deal, maybe he doesn't like LMA or Pop...that's the only thing i can think of but maybe it's not even true lol, who knows.

2. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I don't feel bad for the Spurs one bit, f**k them.

That being said, Kawhi looks very, very bad right now. I'm not sure exactly what is going on with his health, but the fact that he has basically stopped being an active member of the team is low class. He's still collecting a paycheck.

lw17, Cold Hard, BMoney and 8 others like this.
  3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

If I were to guess, it might be those Gino/Parker quotes that called him out and doubted his injury. They should've stayed out of it.

Then again, I thought he'd be back by playoffs. Playing would've made more sense even if he was less than 100% because he could've bolted the next year and justifiably blame the team's doctors if anything happened.

Easy likes this.
  4. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

I've never cared for the Grandpop shtick, but this is pretty funny. That first question, too, classic.
    A little drama, a little comedy = dramedy?

ramotadab likes this.
  5. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

I still feel Kawhi is either depressed and feel he isn’t ready or feels he is injury hasn’t heal. Or he doesn’t agree with the spurs way maybe he wants something more like Hardens role. Having his team and being the #1 guy. I mean I know he is their best player but they distribute the ball so everyone could score.

How many more years will tony and manu play ? I think when They both retire Pops might too.
    Maybe Kawhi will play for the Spurs if they retired. Idk it’s very weird I just think Pop and Kawhi aren’t on the same page anymore and won’t be able to fix things.
    Either they trade Kawhi or Pop retires then Kawhi stays.

6. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Don't forget Parker and Barry's wife...

lw17, Cold Hard, Richie_Rich and 2 others like this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Guy is 'only' 69, younger than Trump, he can still coach another 5 years.

8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Think about this for a minute. If the Kawhi situation right now was done by ANY OTHER PREMIER star in the league, that star would be RAKED OVER THE COALS by fans and media.

But teflon Kawhi? nothing.

9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Like I said, Kawhi has lost a lot of good will among fans and media. He was supposed to be that model citizen star player, hard working, team first, not bringing attention to himself, kind of like Tim Duncan. That reputation gives him the benefit of the doubt for now. But it is eroding fast if this drama keeps going. People are giving Popovich the benefit of doubt too because of how he has been able to handle the stars. So we'll see who comes out to be what.

10. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

this is some kinda "drama' alright.... media exaggeration.

11. malakas

malakas Member

If Kawhi gets traded then he can't get the supermax. That will cost him tens of millions of dollars that I don't see anyway he can make it back with the shoe deals he is going to get.

It becomes more and more obvious the bright side of playing in a small franchise. KD, PG, Kyrie, now Kawhi. Protected by the franchise for most of their carreers until they left/asked to get traded and they were exposed for they crazy divas they were.

bmelo and da_juice like this.
  12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

What is the bright side you are saying is more and more obvious? Maybe I'm missing the point. The flow of your post makes it sound like these guys should stay in the small markets because of the bright side...

13. malakas

malakas Member

ah sorry for my english.

I didn't mean that they should stay but there is a good side with small teams. That is that they protect more their stars. There is not so much scrutiny.
    There is more control over the local media and access

bmelo, ramotadab and justtxyank like this.
  14. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Got it. Sadly the small market teams protect their players so much thinking they will be rewarded for it.

malakas likes this.
  15. da_juice

da_juice Member

Good point I never considered. You could also throw in Dwight (Orlando years), Isiah thomas and Melo (coming from Denver)

malakas likes this.
  16. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Pop deserves all the **** he can take because of the way he treats professional (just doing their jobs) sports reporters. The fact he gets love for treating and speaking to people in such a way is mind boggling to me.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  17. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

18. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Spurs drama is only news because there normally isn't any.

da_juice likes this.
  19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think we tried to get Rodman too

20. Game7

Game7 Member

Is that gonna be about the Rockets or about this forum? A book about this forum would be hilarious. Definitely would read.

da_juice and jev5555 like this.