1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sorry but Harden step back is a Blatent travel

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HardenMvp, Apr 16, 2018.

1. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

that shiet is so ancient old, LOF? really fool?

Smacktle likes this.
  2. Giannis

Giannis Member

also, if he pauses a little extra during any of those steps its a travel and he loses his steps. it has to be in rhythm, and if he gets fouled any time after the gather he gets two free throws as long as he is going up

3. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Don't you need to be already being moving ?

Can't be standing flat-footed, then move both feet without dribbling. This is where most travels are called and they usually happen on the perimeter when a player attempts to penetrate (or fake like they're penetrating).

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

which means harden's move is legal bc he doesnt stop moving to the point where an actual pivot needs to be set.

that's the basis of my point if @HardenMvp wanted to try and answer but didn't

5. smp

smp Member

I get it. My point is it's all subjective. That's why different people argue for/against it. This year, and last night specifically, the refs are not calling Harden's step back 3 a travel so it isn't a travel.

The refs on Wed could see it as a travel and then it would be a travel. It wouldn't surprise me a bit. Or they could hold a special meeting to discuss it like they did when trying to figure out what a foul in the act of shooting is or isn't. The rules didn't change in the offseason, but now all of the sudden what used to be a foul in the act of shooting isn't called the same.

If things weren't subjective then a discussion wouldn't even be necessary. The same rules are interpreted differently game to game, year to year.

That's why I quit b****ing about illegal defense (Sonics), moving screens (Warriors), travelling (Lebron/Westbrook), 3 seconds (Donkey), etc. Even worse is that rules are applied differently depending on who the player is. It will be travelling for EG but not Harden or Lebron. You know how it goes.

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

First of all, that was only 4 years ago. Not ancient.

Second, it's the simplest explanation for the ridiculousness, fool. That or a Steve Kerr burner account.

7. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

They still talk **** about the Rockets, Harden and Morey on all the Lin fan sites. They talk about **** posting here too.

Lin fans are still around like cockroaches.

ReignSupreme and vlaurelio like this.
  9. smp

smp Member

Nice. Summed it up perfectly!

vince likes this.
  10. YOLO

YOLO Member

props @DarkHorse for *dropping the mic* its that simple

cbs1507, Deuce and ilovehtownbb like this.
  11. Ohreally

Ohreally Contributing Member

People also use to think Hakeem traveled everytime when he use to do his moves. If it was a travel the refs would have called it by now.

smp likes this.
  12. rocks123

rocks123 Member

If harden's step back is really a blatant travel as you called it. how come basketball analysts and experts never saw and talked about it? Ofcourse not until steve kerr "MISTAKENLY" replied publicly to a post criticizing the move. To think EVERYBODY loves to NITPICK on harden. From his lack of defense, boring style of play, and his foul fishing and yet it took more than half a season and a STEVE KERR post for people to complain oh yeah maybe it's a travel. This is not the emperor's new clothes.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Travel, travel, travel.

14. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

Come on man op smh, we still discussing his sh#t? Smg again

15. alethios

alethios Member

Next you're going to say the Euro-step is a travel. Sheesh!

16. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

This thread lacks intelligence. What a dumb opening post

FTW Rockets FTW OUT

ReignSupreme and YOLO like this.
  17. dkim1984

dkim1984 Member

What does this point out? That this one guy pointed out one play that could be a travel?

I think multiple professional refs outweigh some random bleacherreport commentator who likely doesn't have the time like refs to comb through the rules in their entirety.

Yes, if Harden was on another team, I might gripe about it. But the likelihood of me being wrong when other refs say it's alright, would be high.

Also, don't trust bleacherreport. It's drowning in amateurism, 24/7. Case in point, EVERY single one of their mock drafts for any sport.

18. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Need the terminator

@tinman

19. smp

smp Member

I don't think I'm making my point clearly. That's on me.

I'm trying to point out that it's all about interpretation and implementation of the rules. Harden could do the same stepback 20 times and some refs would call it a travel and others would not. To make it more complicated is the stepback won't be exactly the same every time. Sometimes it really will be a travel and sometimes it really won't. To make things even worse, if Ariza does the same move he will probably get called for a travel because the rules are not applied equally to role players and superstars.

It just gets old I guess. I still remember the same stuff was said about Olajuwan's dream shake being a travel. I used to get all pissed off and prove why it wasn't.

In the end, it's not worth debate. Play it how the refs call it and leave it alone. It's not worth debating and trying to figure out because it's so subjective.

20. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

yeah there are yao ming fans, kevin martin fans, jeremey lamb fan, lin fans, parson fans, dwight fans still here

some of them are never harden fans