1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I have grown to HATE JOE JOHNSON

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocketsdreamer, Feb 14, 2018.

1. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

He had a nice block I think, but yeah he sucks. MDA rightfully benched him in the second half. Hopefully Anderson comes back.

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

dont think he sucks at all. he was solid defensively when he played so he found a way to contribute. the 2nd half was obviously a struggle for everyone besides the obvious 2 so the rotations tightened up a bit. it is what it is. its 1 one game with a ton of playoffs left.

3. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

No matter how much you want to revise history, you were wrong. Your take was asinine then and it’s even more asinine now after the fact.

4. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

He's sucked all season with very few exceptions. He just isn't a good basketball player at this point and doesn't belong in the rotation when we are healthy. Hopefully he can knock down some shots.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

if your expectations for him is to be some guy to take over a game all the time then yeah hell suck to you. that isn't his role here.

ramotadab likes this.
  6. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

LOL your idiocy and obsession with me amuses me. Let's play a game called fact or fiction.

- Fact or Fiction: JJ provided important contributions to his team last season in the playoffs?
    - Fact or Fiction: JJ had an injury to his shooting wrist to start this season?
    - Fact or Fiction: JJ reported to the Rockets out of shape?
    - Fact or Fiction: Playing JJ over GG had zero impact on our standings going into the playoffs?

Keep trying though royal, your stupidity is cute!

7. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Lol, my expectations is for him to be able to hit like 33+% of his threes. That's it. He's failed miserably at that, and the vast majority of his threes are wide open standstill ones, which even an older player like him should be able to hit.

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  8. YOLO

YOLO Member

not really a concern to me. if hes our worst player then so be it. that just says alot about hou's depth. as long as he finds a way to contribute whether thats on the offensive end or defensive end and make some sort of impact thats all that matters. thats his role to fill

9. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Sad you can’t admit you’re wrong. It’s ok. I’m guessing you’re a teenager. You’ll mature one day hopefully.

10. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

For me it’s not that he sucks as much as it is about the now widely recognized fact that green is the better option to soak up minutes in the rotation.

At least D’Antoni didn’t pull a JBB and keep running him out there like his last name was Brewer.

ramotadab and mfastx like this.
  11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

JJ played 7 minutes.

daywalker02 likes this.
  12. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

ROFL, keep on being wrong. You are probably the type of dumbass that wakes up every morning and try to suck yourself off. Keep pounding that circle peg in that square hole though. One day you just might break the block and think you made it.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I thought Briante Weber was solid defensively but offensively he was a No Go.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

briante weber would pick up 2 fouls in the first minute of a playoff game

15. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

People expect too much from jj. Who did he r3place on our team Bobby brown? Him contributing anything at all in playoffs is better than garbage time mamba who won't contribute whatsoever. The only way we will ever see brown is if we get blown out in a game(unlikely). If we do blow anyone out no way we see brown in playoffs regardless.

YOLO likes this.
  16. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Watching the 76ers, Id rather have Ilyasova or Belinelli over Joe friggin johnson. Werent both picked up in waivers also after Joe was?

17. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

I'm extremely disappointed in this whole Johnson-D'Antoni blind love affair.

All those extra minutes Johnson got late in the season were unearned and now he's nowhere to be seen in the playoffs. Those were minutes taken from Ryno who now lacks confidence in his shot.

That was detrimental to the team at the expense of a coach favoring the good old boys club. Rockets didn't need another isolation scorer. We already have two of the best in the league. What we needed was to build up rhythm and confidence in our bench shooters.

Ryno is now a lost cause and the corpse of Iso Joe is rotting somewhere on the bench.

This has been a double negative as an acquisition. I wish we had gone after Belinelli or Ilyasova instead.