1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How worried are you that Chris Paul is a choker

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, Apr 15, 2018.

1. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

Never though CP3 would look shell shocked in game 1 of the playoffs of any playoff game
    Super bad game and so uncharacteristic
    Only take away is I know its going to be an outlier

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  2. riko

riko Member

24-12-8 next game

3. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

It was probably because I was assembling our new sofa but I didn't really notice him playing badly outside of those two late turnovers. The whole team outside of Harden just didn't look ready to go. Capela looked great in the first half but did little in the second. Everyone was missing shots and on defense they kept blown away because they never seemed to be in the right position to stay in front of a ballhandler. It was about the least inspiring win I can remember the Rockets getting in the playoffs.

4. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

He was turning it over the whole game. Also some bad fouls.

5. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

CP1.5

A Dez Bryant-like performance. You need him to step up and he malfunctions.

He'll be back. Then, I'll give him back his 1.5. b****. ;)

6. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Not worried at all.

7. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Not killing a guy in a win

Rocket River

Invisible Fan likes this.
  9. cdxiong

cdxiong Contributing Member

This team has been half pedaling since the Portland game a month ago, we will be fine.

10. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

At least they won. This was the best shot the timberwolves had to steal one and they blew it. Should be a sweep.

11. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

CP3 only has to worry not get hurt. Minny played their game, we beat them at their game.

DonKnock likes this.
  12. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Watching NBA TV and reading some of these threads I'd think the rockets are the 8 seed and got pummeled by 20 tonight.

Literally everyone not named capella or Harden had an off night. This wasn't our night, it happens, what's more telling is we still won. This is why Morey keeps preaching it takes more than one superstar to win in this league. The defense held and the rockets still got some scoring. This team needs to go into the next team with more poise, and I think they will.

13. theoldblood

theoldblood Member

I think CP3 and Harden switched positions, CP went clubbing and Harden stayed in.

All joking aside, CP3 was turrible, but he will be back.

14. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Not a choker but he seems a bit old out there

Thankfully we ahve MVP James HARDEN

Mazulis likes this.
  15. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

all season long he's followed up a bad game with big numbers the next night

DonKnock and Tfor3 like this.
  16. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

I didn't even mind the bad shooting, since almost everyone was off tonight. It was the multiple turnovers and horrible passes that was simply inexcusable.

17. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Not worried

18. StevieCrossover

cant always have a perfect game. we won, who cares.

Mazulis likes this.
  19. Caesar

Caesar Member

He sucked. He's still one of the best playoff performers of all time statistically and advanced stats as well. But, so was T-Mac. With T-Mac i always dreamed of what it would have been like for him if he got the monkey off his back and advanced to the 2nd round and got to ball out of control stress free. I feel like that about CP3 getting the WCF monkey off his back and then he will ball out like a GOAT PG imo. I do believe we have the talent to get to the WCF even with a 50% CP3.

He'll be fine though. OKC in the 2nd round with a shaky CP3 might be VERY scary though. Especially in a tight series game 6/7 and CP3 starts to hear the noise about how he will never get to the WCF and he's a choker and not a winner. At least he doesn't have to tell the world "ITS ON ME." That must be a relief knowing he's got the MVP on his team and i'm sure he'll settle in and play great alongside James.

20. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

THREE

That's the number of times in his 12 year, 969 game career where Chris Paul had finished with fewer than 5 assists while also turning the ball over at least 6 times. In only one of those games did he shoot worse than he did tonight. That is to say, you could make a case that this was the worst game he's ever played.

But as we look at the bigger picture, we're talking about a guy who is 5th in NBA history in Win Shares Per 48 Minutes, ahead of Magic, Kareem, Duncan, Hakeem, Bill Russell, et al. His team success leaves much to be desired, but individually he has been excellent in the playoffs, including hitting shots in big moments.

There's no good reason to think this is anything but an anomaly. Just be happy that we survived it.

DonKnock, xaos, seeingred and 3 others like this.