1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How worried are you that Chris Paul is a choker

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, Apr 15, 2018.

1. split41

split41 Member

That last turnover by CP3 gave me a heart attack

2. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Did you see how many dumbass turnovers he had and then that pass at the end that could have led to Minnesota tying the game.

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

As someone who has a worry gene, Im not worried. That was the worst I have seen CP3.

CP3 always losses the ball in winning time, Marcellus from ESPN, who is a Clippers stan, said that way back when CP3 got traded.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  4. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

bound to have a bad game every now n then... hopefully he's got it out of his system...

5. apollo33

apollo33 Member

should have had Ty Lawson out there lol, at least he won't intentionally trying to lose the game.

Rocketeer4Life likes this.
  6. MD_in_Training

The problem is that CP3 hasn't been looking consistently good for awhile now.

7. YallMean

YallMean Member

Not a bit. You know he is due a big game sowmewhehre. It’s not just him. Who showed up today outside Harden and CC. These rode the coat tails of the big tow tonight.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He was gripping big time - hopefully he can snap out of it.

DD

9. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Not worried at ALL. He was just awful tonight. He'll bounce back.

We need to stop buying into stupid narratives. He had a bad game. Harden had a great game and he's the guy who supposedly disappears in the playoffs. Let's stop taking the worst performance and pretending it's the stage that caused it. It's not.

Deuce, IvanLCPM, Nolen and 23 others like this.
  10. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

The good news is that I'm not sure it's actually possible to be worse than he was tonight.

11. jboslett

jboslett Member

Honestly, I felt for much of the 2nd half of the season that Paul had lost a step. Tonight was horrendous, but the overall trend of underwhelming performances has been going on for awhile now.

MD_in_Training likes this.
  12. Newlin

Newlin Member

Cole Perez could have out played Paul tonight. But, it's just one game and he will improve.

13. bmelo

bmelo Member

Yall wanted players to rest so now they play like hot garbage

Drogba likes this.
  14. rocketsfan611

rocketsfan611 Member

Not worried at all. I trust him as much as any point guard in the league, especially late in games. That pass was a very poor decision but I expect him to clean up his mistakes in game 2.

15. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

not worried at all, this is why he joined the Rockets, this is why we got him.....there will be nights where Harden is bad and he is great to carry us to a win.

Patience and majicdonjuan like this.
  16. s3ts

s3ts Member

knee jerk is annoying man.

we're definitely gonna see CP3 have one of those 30 pt games in the playoff run.

then we'll be thanking CP for backing up Harden to stay on a win streak.

CP came to Houston for this reason.

17. seeingred

seeingred Member

Uh, i'm more concerned that Marv Albert may have just had a stroke on live tv. Hopefully he was just huffing paint but he sounded confused and afraid for most of the game. "And Minnesota hangs on to defeat the Rockets..." o_O

Haven't been able to say that in well over a year Marv...

(CP3 will be alright).

Hakeemtheking and smp like this.
  18. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Supposedly?

Let's be honest here, James Harden has work to do. Tonight was a major step in the right direction. Still, he has work to do. His reputation was earned in the past, and it can be re-written this year.

19. Vivi

Vivi Member

I'm more worried by the refs, there's a good chance we'll get these ****ing amateurs again...and that's the best scenario cause the worts is the one where we get Tony Brothers, Marc Davis etc...

And just to clarify my view, i didn't think they were bad for most of the game, but that play in the final minutes alone was enough, just unjustifiable at this level, they're in three out there...pathetic.

luckyman76 and rockets1995 like this.
  20. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

he's been a good playoff performer before and the pressure is off since he's the #2 now.

tonight was strange. he didn't just have an off shooting night, he was making bad decisions which he just never does. taking bad shots, making bad passes, dribbling to nowhere.

my guess is he watches the tape, talks with mda, comes out strong next game.