1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We Should Grab Dez

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Coach E, Apr 13, 2018.

1. showa13

showa13 Member

If he accepts a 'prove it' deal much in the way Honey Badger did, I'm all for him coming here. With the current WR core we have we were putting up 30 a game, adding another weapon only makes the offense better.

coachbadlee likes this.
  2. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Only you would try to fabricate some sort of link between players who don't "shut up and play" and the 2 win season. Shows what your agenda is. You just can't help yourself can you. There is no link between the two and claiming that there is one just to promote your narrative only makes you look like an idiot.

joshuaao, justtxyank and Fulgore like this.
  3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Only you would be so simple minded to not understand the link between malcontent players and the locker room giving up on the head coach and the team.

Given that it's only you, I don't really feel the need to spell it out. There will be those who understand, and there will be you.

4. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

For the right price...yes get him

I know he isn't the same guy anymore, but if he wants to come here why not, alot of texans players want him.

Chanmarr likes this.
  5. seank1986

seank1986 Member

6. seank1986

seank1986 Member

Also followed Watson and Hopkins as well.

7. Coach E

Coach E Member

Never heard of this source but hope it’s true

8. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Lol that’s pretty big

Fulgore and Rudyc281 like this.
  9. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-is-dez-bryant-still-a-no-1-wr

I take PFF with a grain of salt, but thought this was a good article that helps make some sense of why Dez has been different since Tony Romo has been gone. Dez still has some game and without the number 1 or 2 CB on him could be devastating in the new Texans offense.

I'd give him a 2-year deal with some incentives and let him work in our offense and compete with Fuller for #2 spot. We need someone pushing Fuller and this could be the perfect scenario to make our WR crew better. Beyond Hopkins, I'm not confident in any of our WRs to stay healthy or be consistently good.

Dez will turn 30 next year and with vets around him to hopefully help channel is emotions positively, this could be a good addition to the team. If not, we can cut him and move on.

awc713 likes this.
  10. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think Dez to the Texans is fairly likely. I know the speculation is him staying in the NFC East, but with the Eagles reportedly not interested there's just no good QB situations for him to go to. If the Texans are interested at all, it sounds like his best spot to flip Jerry Jones the bird.

Chanmarr and Rodman23 like this.
  13. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Dez is still an elite red zone threat. With our lack of tight ends, there may be ways to get him on the field w different looks. No-brainer if the money is right

RasaqBoi and Rodman23 like this.
  14. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

If deshaun can do what he does the Texans would be the most lethal offense in the NFL with dez

15. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I would 100% be interested in Dez if he wants to be here and it isn't costing a ton of money. Would be fascinating to see OBrien work out the offense though.

Has Dez played any slot?

Edit: After some quick research, turns out Dez has played the slot in some instances and done it very well. He said in 2016 that he likes the slot.

If he would play the slot he would be a great fit. We desperately need a slot receiver that can make things happen.

JoeyTexas254 and Fullcourt like this.
  16. Coach E

Coach E Member

Football offenses are evolving similar to what we see in the NBA. Positions and labels are less important, play making ability and talent are what counts.

Don’t worry about it boys, get him on the team and sit back, relax, and enjoy our best offense ever.

17. T for 3

T for 3 Member

As others have said, on a short term deal, do it!
    He seems like a guy with enough in the tank who just needs a change. He was clearly disgruntled in dallas

18. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Only he hasn't been making a lot of plays lately. Not a fan and It'll be interesting how long Dez waits before he throws his 1st tantrum. Dez is washed up, no way Billy O will stomach his diva act for very long and get little production from him. I wouldn't waste time and/or money on him. The Texans have other needs.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

There's a difference between him going against the best DB's the other team has to offer every game and him being the #3 WR on the Texans though.

Also, I think his desire to flip the bird to Jerry Jones would keep him on his best behavior.

20. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Bobby you may be right, and if so I'll gladly eat crow. I'd rather a speedier option with sure hands in the slot. Even if it's a small quick type who just quietly gets the job done. Another BIG ego ( who has seen better days) may be too much on an offense that's trying to jell behind a young QB. But again, I may be wrong.