1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What homecourt advantage looks like

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cdrive, Apr 14, 2018.

1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Lmao please. Dallas is just as spread out as Houston and it doesn't have problems filling seats. LA is way worse with traffic yet people show up on time generally.

2. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

This Philly crowd is lit 1st qtr! Like California, Philly benefits from having no corporations buying tickets. Also most people don’t realize this but in in Cali you can get from point A to point B in like 5 minutes max. And tickets in Philly and Bay Area cost $2 with canned good, natch.

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

LA says hi

ghettocheeze and cdrive like this.
  4. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

There are a lot of seats still for sale on www.flashseats.com They aren't selling either. I can't go to the first game and my tickets haven't sold. Nobody cares about the first round except hardcore fans like us. Minnesota is a terrible draw as far as getting peoples interest up. Rockets still have to prove they can be consistent in the playoffs.

cdrive and snowconeman22 like this.
  5. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Ahhh...but some of us are spending a few days in Las Vegas and dealing with this:

30709331_10214539543021324_6104603924528889856_n.jpg

6. theimpossibles1

I can and I did.

I find it amusing that when I present a perfect counter argument to your theory of "Houston is too wide," you come back and blame it on game length and ticket prices.

7. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

What are you taking about? You say the 76ers have no corporate tickets? To be clear, you are saying none, zero, nada, corporations with season tickets? You have a link to that claim?

You follow that up with you can get from point A to point B in a maximum of 5 minutes in California? Technically that is correct for any city anywhere, but what exactly where is point A? I assume point B refers to Oracle Arena or Staples Arena.

The Warriors rank in the top 5 ticket prices (high end) in all the NBA. 76ers are relatively cheap (average $40+), but how often does the $2 ticket promotion occur?

cdrive and napalm06 like this.
  8. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

Rockets fans always show up for the PO’s

cdrive likes this.
  9. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Ok

Yes, you can compare it. Sorry.

However, you can't compare it to MMP in any kind of reasonable or logical way.. as evidenced by your post

10. theimpossibles1

I don't follow.... Your argument was that Rox games don't fill up because of the location of ToyCen and the massive sprawl of Htown. Considering MMP is right by ToyCen it seems like a perfectly logical comparison.

11. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Yeah, they ship them in by the bus loads from temp agencies.

12. Reeko

Reeko Member

LA traffic is worse than Houston...

GS has some of the most expensive if not the most expensive tickets in the league

How do u know no corporations are buying tickets in Philly?

cdrive likes this.
  13. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

I'm not high fiving anyone while shopping for food. : )

Roxnostalgia and cdrive like this.
  14. SORF

SORF Member

Don't forget Texas has legalized scalping of tickets. I took a look at the ticket prices on Flash Seats, and seats in the upper section are for sale from $50 to over $400...lower bowl all the way to $3000. Greed is part of the problem with filling the seats. Some STH would rather eat the tickets than sell them for less than their ticket value during the regular season, or their scalping price in the Playoffs.

Many arenas are in States where scalping is illegal. They have less trouble filling their arenas when they don't deal with professional or fan scalpers.

Jake Tower likes this.
  15. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There's a foot of snow back home if you want it.

16. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

We definitely needed another thread calling out people for not going to the game, populated with posts by people not going to the game.

Daddy Long Legs and burlesk like this.
  17. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

The Increasing Procrastination of the Toyota Center.

burlesk and cdrive like this.
  18. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Are they doing dollar beers before 7?

cdrive likes this.
  19. mario_v

mario_v Member

It’s stupid to think that the rockets are the only sports team where corporations buys most of the lower bowl tickets. That happens in every city.

Corporations buy lower bowl tickets for big market teams in LA, NY and small market teams like OKC, and they have no problem filling up the arena and showing up on time.

cdrive likes this.
  20. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member