1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What homecourt advantage looks like

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cdrive, Apr 14, 2018.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

2. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

I gotchya. But yes, on Wednesday.

BigMaloe likes this.
  3. cdrive

So sensitive. And no thanks.

c:\

4. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Clutchfanners looovvveeee complaining about the fans of the rockets to the hardest of hardcore fans.

5. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

More GSW pics plz

ghettocheeze and Os Trigonum like this.
  6. lionaire

lionaire Member

Open seats means more free shirts for me

ghettocheeze and cdrive like this.
  7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

lol. did you hear about how easy GSW has it in the first round compared to the Rockets?? it isn't fair.

ghettocheeze likes this.
  8. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

It's the drive distance & Toyota Center location to be honest.

Houston is not as consolidated as other cities, it is very spread out and covers a lot of ground. So it is much much MUCH more of a hassle and much much MUCH more time consuming to attend games than other cities.

Round trip driving could total 2-3 hours.. It's hard to blame Houstonians to choose to watch the game on their HD TV's then dealing with that BS.

It's so much easier & convenient to attend a basketball game, say, in Oakland to watch the Warriors then it is in Houston to watch the Rockets.

9. OTMax

OTMax Member

Thanks for explaining. So is there any place in Houston where they could build a new stadium and make it easier for a lot of people to attend games?

10. ballscientist1

True?

If Series ends in Game 6, homecourt advantage means home court disadvantage.

#30 ballscientist1, Apr 14, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
  11. cdrive

Gank them. Warriors fans are too nice. There’s like only 3 on seats in view on TV, but it’s the 3rd quarter. If it gets to the 2nd quarter, snatch those extra shirts.

Guys I screwed this up and got us down the wrong path. Apparently the thing to do is #1) Accept it. Ok? First we need to keep accepting it. #2) Not talk about it or rally to fix it.

I’ll be there Wednesday night at 8:15. A work night. After working. And picking up kids. And making dinner. But carry on. Let’s see how this brutal Sunday commute does for the Lower Bowl. Oops! Shhhhhhhhh.

12. cdrive

Guys it’s been like 8 minutes. Where did all the Snark Kings go?! There are so many extremely valuable internet points to be won!

13. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

Homecourt Advantage looks really really bad for Anderson, your point?

14. theimpossibles1

Decent theory but just another excuse. MMP is in the same area and they have no problem filling up. Noone has said the obvious reason. Houston's corporate culture is the culprit. Those seats are either reserved for corporations or just rich folks in general. Those fans show up when they feel like it (if at all). The Astros have much more of a good old boy vibe that those Texas corporate types get behind. Rockets games have to be absolutely paramount (vs GSW, WCF/finals etc) to draw a full crowd.

15. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Today homecourt advantage is that you can get to the game. If the game was in Minnesota you would be dealing with this. [​IMG]

16. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

The first picture looks like a freaking junior high game -- disgusting.

The second picture is hot af.
    Excuse me, I need to spend a little time with myself...

17. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

You can't compare it to MMP. You're comparing it to a game that routinely lasts over 3 hours (with potential to last more than double that) & tickets priced at a fraction of the cost. A normal family can routinely make that an entire family gathering which justifies the outlandish trip. It's polar opposite of the NBA.

All I know is if I lived in any other city I would definitely be attending more NBA games then I do now. I have proved that actually. My friends share the same opinion. Location is big, and the city is not consolidated well enough to justify the hassle of the current location.The summit wasn't as bad, which is why they had a pretty packed house on the reg. However, Houston has grown out even further since then so who knows if even we had stayed at that location whether attendance would still be as pathetic as it is now.

I love our city, but it's the reality in this situation.

#37 Realjad, Apr 14, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
    Jake Tower likes this.
  18. YOLO

YOLO Member

MMP is not filled during the week. theres more than plenty of empty seats. this was before the astros won the ship and even now that they won one. do more people attend? sure that comes with the bandwagon. but definitely not same correlation with TC

19. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

It's like people are too freaking stupid to understand that most of those lower bowl tickets are owned by corporations who give them away as business gifts instead of actual passionate fans. It has nothing to do with the quality of fans, so rallying anything is just a bunch of hogwash. Until our new ownership reverses this, nothing will change.

20. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I'll be watching at home quietly so as to not wake the offspring. Please advise if this is acceptable.

cdrive, ghettocheeze and Os Trigonum like this.