1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Has Bob reached Bud's status yet?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ballgame, Apr 9, 2018.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

What a brilliant hot take. Again, just take the L and move on.

2. Nook

Nook Member

Let's close this thread up.

No, Bob McNair has not reached Bud Adams status yet.

Bob McNair is just your garden variety racist, self entitled, non-competitive football owner.

He doesn't deserve a statue and he doesn't deserve praise for his apathetic ownership performance.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

....and you base this entirely on the color of his skin ironically enough.

Champs and csj like this.
  4. SuraGotMadHops

I don't feel like reducing consumption will lead to better front office results. It leads to other things, however, like relocations and what not.

5. Nimo

Nimo Member

Like most of the other owners

Fulgore and Nook like this.
  6. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

If a mass of people believe that the owner is racist and stop supporting the Texans it hits McNair's bottom line and will yield calculable results - not just "relocation"

It will also will help with the utter hypocrisy of alleging racism and in turn not modifying your behavior and continuing to line McNair's pockets making him wealthier and wealthier. Of course unless that's what you want - to support billionaire racists..

7. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Bud was an ass and a prick all at the same time. He demanded expensive renovations of a stadium (forcing the county to replace the iconic scoreboard) that he ended up abandoning less than 10 years later. Forget foot, he routinely put his entire leg in his mouth in both public and private comments. His teams featured a plethora of controversy, whether it was at the player or coaching level. He banned tailgating because he wanted fans to come hungry to games and spend more money on concessions.

If all he wanted was a new stadium, he should have generated the support needed. He had zero support... both from the city leaders and the city he called home. The city was more than willing to build plenty of new stadiums, just not for that ass-hat.

8. ballgame

ballgame Member

Like I said, you're STRANGE! When is the last time you've been evaluated?

9. ballgame

ballgame Member

Dude, read the heading of the thread. "Has Bob reached Bud's status yet?" From reading what you've just stated, I think they are one in the same. You tell me what's the difference?

We've had a team leave the city, spent Millions in additional dollars and we are right back where we started!!!!

10. csj

csj Member

Don't you mean billionaire accused of racism by racists with an agenda?

At least you've had the nerve to state publicly what the race baiters here are trying to accomplish. Now let's talk about the "utter hypocrisy of alleging racism" by racists regardless whether they continue to "line McNair's pockets" or not.

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  11. Nimo

Nimo Member

I am convinced people have just forgotten much about Bud Adams

12. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Residents of Houston have collectively spent less on the Texans in terms of tax dollars than what they had to pay for Bud’s Astrodome renovation.

Whenever McNair bilks the city of hundreds of millions of dollars of renovations, threatening to move the team if not done... and then he moves the team anyways, and has absolutely zero support from other owners or other business leaders in the community... only then will they be somewhat close.

At the end of the day, McNair’s “just” a racist. Adams was likely that, plus a whole nother level of horrid, with actual offenses that continue to plague this city.

13. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Not at all. I'm not calling McNair or anyone in this thread on either side a racist - just pointing out obvious stuff. Truly I think going outside, getting some sun and exercise, and unplugging from the internet/whatever media you choose to consume for a couple weeks would be life changing for most of you.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think what it comes down to is that only a small group of really stupid people truly believe that McNair is racist based entirely on the color of his skin. These people should be pitied and ignored. End of story.

Champs likes this.
  15. Champs

Champs Member

Says the apparent racist.

16. Nimo

Nimo Member

[​IMG]

17. Champs

Champs Member

You basically just called almost every owner in the NFL racist with like zero proof. Yea, thats the world you live in. Forgive me if I use the term as loosely as you do.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well, he does have "proof", he's basing his opinion on the color of their skin, which means that while he's using the term loosely and and inaccurately, you seem to be using it accurately to describe him.

Champs likes this.
  19. Nimo

Nimo Member

So you called me a racist because I called others a racist.

FYI I was kidding.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Then blame Poe's law. There are so many people completely out of their cotton-picking minds these days it's impossible to tell the difference anymore.