1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Has Bob reached Bud's status yet?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ballgame, Apr 9, 2018.

1. ballgame

ballgame Member

Have you ever heard the term "YOUR ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS?" BTW, calling someone a LIAR, when you only pick at part of their statement is NOT cool.

I stated that It is widely known that McNair has conservative views. He does not and will not give players who have had previous off the field issues a 2nd chance AND for the longest, it was stated on the local airways by the sports media, that McNair did not want a Black QB under center, not to be the face of his franchise!

I've never met McNair nor have I ever talked to him but I can only go by the people who have and by a person's actions.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well what's funny about this is that you are ignoring Bob McNair's actions and basing your opinion 100% on what other people tell you to think about him. A talking head tells you to think that he's a racist, so you run with it while ignoring what he's actually done for people like how he paid for all of the funerals for the victims in Charleston....or how about the over 300 million he's given in charity to underprivileged families.

No, you'd rather believe the ridiculous spin that a man who had a black man as not only the face of his franchise's front office but also godfather to his children somehow is so racist that he didn't want a black QB despite having one the 2nd year the franchise existed and was instrumental in trading up to ensure that another black QB was the face of his franchise moving forward.....

I would suggest you educate yourself before continuing to embarrass yourself on the issue. Regurgitating narratives you were given by talking heads on the radio isn't a great way to go through life.

csj and Champs like this.
  3. Champs

Champs Member

This is from your post:

McNair was questioned openly on the local airways about not wanting to give players with a troubled past a 2nd shot and by never wanting to give a Black QB a starting job”

Now back it up with actual quotes of McNair ever saying that. You can’t because he never did. Which makes you a liar and disingenuous at best. You are the one being NOT COOL here.

There are only two positions in football that are large majority whites. Center and QB. QB’s are 81% white. So the math alone states the odds we would have had a starting black QB are rare. And naturally would take years according to the statistics. And he gets ZERO credit from you now that we have one?? That he was merely backed into a corner? Geezus man.

So do you have a problem with WR’s, RBs, and every single position on Defense largely dominated by blacks? Of course not. Neither do I. If you are better... then you get the job. Thats how it works. Same as QB. There are just more whites QBs than better black QBs. Blacks are only 13% of population may I remind you. Its that simple. But McNair didnt get a black QB soon enough for you did he? Add that to your racism narrative when it makes zero sense to do so.

And its funny you used an idiom to start your post. You know who else tried to harmlessly use an idiom in a closed meeting and is now labeled racist for it?

#83 Champs, Apr 11, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
  4. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Acting like not having a black starting QB before means you're not open to one? How many legit black starters are there? Cam Newton, Russell Wilson, Jaemis Winston. Maybe Tyrod Taylor. Two of those guys went #1 and the Texans had no shot. Everybody whiffed on Wilson.

5. ballgame

ballgame Member

I don't think you can read and comprehend well! Go back in any of my post and let me know where I called him a Racist! I've called him Conservative and Naïve, also I think he is extremely out of touch with today's society. Which is where the problem lies and why I think he is NOT a good owner, which is why I presented the thread " Has Bob reached Bud's status yet?".

I wouldn't call Les Alexander an idiot, Tillman Fertitta, nor Jim Crane. I could care less if they are Conservative, Liberal, whatever. I think if you asked them, they would dance around the question and not answer, WHICH IS WHAT A COMPENTENT OWNER IN A CITY OF NEARLY FOUR MILLION PEOPLE SHOULD DO.

Bud was an idiot but I felt he was more in touch with society. He brought in players and didn't restrict his GM's on the type of players he wanted. SO WE NEVER KNEW WHERE HE STOOD POLITICALLY AND NEVER CARED. Whereas, McNair is obviously an idiot!!! Outside of Trump, I don't know of any other Billionaire, at the present, that shouldn't have a mic in front of his face.

John McClain knows McNair better than either of us, he has interviewed him, ate with him, been to his home, etc. So I take his assessment more so, than either mine or yours. He recently stated that McNair doesn't care about color BUT if a person doesn't share his conservative views, McNair doesn't want them. It should be more about giving people who have messed up, a 2nd chance. It should be more about giving a Black QB or any other QB a chance, even if he does not look a certain way or have certain views. I STILL SAY HE WAS BACKED INTO A CORNER AND HAD NO CHOICE BUT TO TAKE DESHAUN!

This is and has always been about FOOTBALL! I'm glad he took a Black QB and I hope it works out for Deshaun, the current players and the City of Houston. But I think it says a lot when NONE OF YOUR EX-PLAYERS ARE SAYING ANYTHING POSITIVE ABOUT YOU!

6. ballgame

ballgame Member

This is not about Black QBs. This is about McNair being compared to Bud Adams and vice versa. I stated even though Bud was an idiot, like McNair, he was still open to giving ALL players a chance. And it was/is widely known that McNair, who is CONSERVATIVE, was hesitant on bringing in players who had a troubled past AND YES, it was questioned if he would ever have a Black starting QB. GO BACK AND READ YOUR TEXAN HISTORY

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You claimed that he didn't want a black QB under center.....that would be you calling him a racist. If the most important factor to you is the color of a QB's skin, you are pretty clearly racist....no matter who you are.

This is just you outing yourself as being very young LOL.

csj likes this.
  8. ballgame

ballgame Member

By looking at your Avatar, I can tell it's past your bedtime. I'll be expecting your reply after you get out of school.

FTW Rockets FTW likes this.
  9. Buck Turgidson

Bud was a trainwreck with no friends.

Bob is a trainwreck with lots of friends.

Joshfast likes this.
  10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Oh yes, that's clearly the most intelligent thing to base an assumption about a posters age......

LOL, back on topic, you don't have to be defensive about being too young to know what you are talking about when it comes to Bud Adams. You'd have been better off just admitting it up front and moving on so that it wouldn't be an issue.

11. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Bobby McNair is much worse than Bud, like so much more horrible

12. ballgame

ballgame Member

Outside of the team moving to Nashville fiasco and ending the Oilers presence in Houston, name me one thing that Bud did prior to separate the team from the city? All Bud wanted was a new stadium and he didn't know how to go about it, outside of that Houston didn't have a problem with Bud. Even after he fired Bum and traded Earl to New Orleans.

McNair WAS a fan favorite, now his approval ratings are lower than Trumps, which says a lot. Sure he has friends in his own circle but outside of that, he's despised! Even after all of the charity work that he's done over the years. You can't find none of his ex-players to say anything positive about him.....THAT ALONE SPEAKS VOLUMES!

13. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Only 5 pages damn! Are any of you that are upset going to change your Texans consumption in any way this upcoming season?
    [​IMG]

14. SuraGotMadHops

I think McNair is getting old and sick, and further and further off his rocker. Whether a good season or a bad season, I never felt that the front office was actually dysfunctional, but I feel that way now.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  15. ballgame

ballgame Member

[QUOTE="Joshfast, post: 11680422, member: 3337"]Only 5 pages damn! Are any of you that are upset going to change your Texans consumption in any way this upcoming season?

FTFY

Only 5 pages? Damn! Are any of you that upset, going to change your Texans consumption in any way this upcoming season?

To answer your question....YES!

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

In short, no, no one that matters will change their Texans consumption in any way this upcoming season.

17. ballgame

ballgame Member

You're out of school early today? My kids had early dismissal too.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

When you resort to writing fan fiction about your betters (and almost certainly elders), you've already lost. Just take the L and move on.

19. ballgame

ballgame Member

Your avatar says everything about you....STRANGE

20. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Don't know what you fixed but what are you going to change? Stop watching, stop buying product, stop posting on forums, protest outside NRG? What's your thoughts?