1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Has Bob reached Bud's status yet?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ballgame, Apr 9, 2018.

1. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

He's like a senile Al Davis but without any success whatsoever in decades past.

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

3. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Nope absolutely not. Not even close...

4. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Fixed it for you.

5. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

McMullen was a total piece of ****. I do remember the days of GE Credit Corp and while bad, they didn't come close to the stupid crap that jackoff did (like running off Nolan Ryan).

6. Nook

Nook Member

It would have been a disaster as well.

There is no way that a facility for football and basketball would still be in place in 2018.

Also, when Saint Bud died, there were issues concerning the ownership of the team.

MadMax likes this.
  7. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

When we get this fan reaction on national TV he will reach Bud status...

"Number 1 in the nation."

Mr. Clutch, raining threes and Nook like this.
  8. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

I don’t care about his political views, but I do care that he’s simply not a good owner. The never ending Rick Smith situation is what pushed me over the edge. He needs to go away.

9. csj

csj Member

Urban is more progressive and rural more conservative everywhere, get that straight first. All NFL teams are located in urban areas. Houston and Dallas are more progressive than the country as a whole.

Second, owners are extremely wealthy and generally older. That means more conservative, regardless of the city their team is in. Owners are more conservative than the cities their teams reside in, I'd bet in every case.

Third, I doubt any owners are "pro protest" or that there's a geographic distinction that you claim so I'd like to see your evidence. More importantly, "pro protest" vs "anti protest", even though that description is absurd, is not a "liberal vs. conservative" issue. One can be "liberal" and yet oppose protests during games, in fact you should. Now, if you view this whole subject through the lens of racism then perhaps you could see it as a right vs. left thing, but it's not all about racism.

So, in summary, nothing you said makes even the slightest sense but at least it sounds truthy.

10. msn

msn Member

I won't argue with your contempt for McMullen; that'll be a dead-end street. I shared that contempt as soon as Ryan disposed of. But, the only reason Ryan was around to get run off at all is because McMullen signed him. First million dollar contract ever. Again, I'm not trying to change your mind (not possible).

11. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

There's no question you're right on this. Think of the Alamodome. Awful facility for hoops.

DonnyMost likes this.
  12. Champs

Champs Member

^^^ Look at this full blown racist right here. You know this dude deep down hates the white man.

csj likes this.
  13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I saw that as sarcasm.

14. Champs

Champs Member

Now you are just a straight up LIAR. Show me the exact quotes where McNair said he never wanted to give a Black QB a starting job?

15. Champs

Champs Member

I hope so. And if so, my apologies @macho GRANDE ...

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's all good, Poe's Law is still a thing.

Champs likes this.
  17. macho GRANDE

macho GRANDE Elvis, was a hero to most but................

Haha no worries. No need to apologize. You can retract it like Bob ;)

Champs likes this.
  18. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

They actually re-renovated that place recently... I guess it keeps getting them final fours, so it makes some financial sense?

I dunno.

Its telling that there hasn't been a proposed dome/arena actually built since this one was proposed. I could see it making some sense in a college setting (Carrier Dome works well)... and this one actually had the entire end zone seating movable, so you wouldn't have to have a big curtain like they used to do at the Alamodome.

[​IMG]

19. Champs

Champs Member

Haha... Therrres that winky! ;)