1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Has Bob reached Bud's status yet?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ballgame, Apr 9, 2018.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah....you seem to think that having a black starting QB is more important than the franchise heading in the right direction. That pretty much establishes where your priorities are at and it's not a good look.

2. ballgame

ballgame Member

PLAYERS ARE NOT ROBOTS! They are not going to shut up and play, this has been going on for years and it will continue......issues in the world being addressed by athletes, actors, alike. Think about how many White people hated Muhammad Ali for choosing not to serve in the military and think about how many White people who mourned when he died.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, it's not really a problem in any other sport because players are professionals. I mean, I know some aren't, but the vast majority put the game ahead of political BS.

I mean, you've made it clear that you are a bit of an extremist when it comes to this kind of thing and it probably has something to do with your age. Perhaps one of these days, you'll understand professionalism and it'll be clear that harming the league to push BS political narratives simply isn't something that should be going on.

If the players want to do things like that, they have all off-season for it.

4. ballgame

ballgame Member

You would think that! I've supported The Texans before when they had Carr, Schaub and even gave Brock a chance. Now that we finally have a franchise QB, I can't support them. I'll watch but won't spend a dime to go

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I mean, based on your own statements, that's what you believe.

That said, if you are such an extremist that you can't support the team, by all means don't. It's not like it matters.

6. ballgame

ballgame Member

The NBA Players speak out all the time, wear shirts protesting Police Shooting and none of their owners has said a word, nor has anyone spoke out against them. Baseball is made up of foreign players, so I can't speak on them outside of Curt Flood in the 70's.

7. ballgame

ballgame Member

Yes, I'm an Extreme believer of Right and Wrong. BTW, you sound sadden that I'm no longer supporting the team. You should be sadden that The Texan's fan base is the only fan base divided on what their owner said, didn't say, won't say or should say.

8. Nimo

Nimo Member

It's not a coincidence that owners in more liberal cities like NYC and SF are pro protests and owners of teams in conservatives markets like Dallas and Houston (yes I know Houston is blue but if you include the suburbs, it has been very red). He has probably gotten a lot of complaints from season ticket holders that say they are annoyed by the protests and will no longer show up to games. I read and hear that sentiment here, twitter, at work, etc.

Why take back the apology? 1. It didn't work. 2. The apology contradicted his side of the story that he was referring to league officials. No one believes him now. He botched it. He should have stuck to his story and just stop talking.

Yes it is conceivable that Goodell and NFL Execs were telling the owners how to handle the issue of the protests. McNair disagreed and didn't like that the NFL who should be working for the owners is dictating how owners should deal with their team. I don't know if that is what happened but he sure hasn't helped his case since then.

FYI I didn't say anything about how I felt, just how a lot of fans do.

raining threes likes this.
  9. Champs

Champs Member

Isn’t this basically like me clamoring for more white guys on the Rockets? Get a fvcking grip man. Or better yet, let go of the grip race has on you.

What does it fvcking matter what color the QB is? Why does the black community think like this?? Are white people supposed to be upset blacks dominate almost every other position?? CB, RB, WR, etc... Like 90% of NBA rosters? Why is QB a sticking point for you?

#49 Champs, Apr 9, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
  10. macho GRANDE

macho GRANDE Elvis, was a hero to most but................

Nope. Whites should never be upset about anything. It's another privilege of having the complexion for the protection.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

NBA players don't act up during the national anthem....in fact there's rules against it. They are free to embarrass themselves in other ways.

Don't get it twisted, you supporting or not supporting the team means literally nothing. Identitarians don't make for good fans anyway. If you'd rather your star player be of a certain race than them to be good, you have your priorities in the wrong place and it's pretty clear you fall into that category. Every identitarian like you can boycott the league and it won't matter, there's just not enough of you to matter. Honestly, everyone is better off without racists joining in, so you'd be doing everyone a favor.

12. ballgame

ballgame Member

It's obvious, you are not reading and comprehending
    . You are just jumping to conclusions. I stated, I supported Carr, Schaub and every other Texan up until McNair started making his true feelings about social issues that matter to me and millions of others known. OTHER WISE, I COULD CARE LESS. But go back and review my post!

You are not getting what I meant! Go back and look at what I was referring to. I was implying, was that Bud Adams was not the sharpest tool or most liked but he was basically color blind. He gave Warren Moon a shot in a time in Houston when it wasn't wildly popular. I know Warren Moon's family well and trust me when I say this, THEY WENT THROUGH PURE HELL! Bud then drafted, Steve McNair, who went to a NAIA school and later on Vince Young.

I compared Bud practices to Bob McNair. McNair was questioned openly on the local airways about not wanting to give players with a troubled past a 2nd shot and by never wanting to give a Black QB a starting job (THE FACE OF HIS FRANCHISE). Before he was backed in a corner to draft DeShaun, Marc Vandermeer and John McClain would state it often. ALL OF THIS IS WELL KNOWN..... DON'T HATE THE MESSAGER!

#52 ballgame, Apr 10, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
  13. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Wasn't the original threat to move to Jacksonville...until part of the stadium collapsed while they were allegedly in negotiations?

14. msn

msn Member

Bob strikes as more stupid than Adams's brand of evil. I mean, he can't even get a tired cliché right: it's "inmates running the asylum."

#chillaximjustkidding #yesitswrongtorefertoemployeesasinmates

15. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

If this was the NBA bob McNair would have been fired and wouldn't have a team anymore.

16. homewight

homewight Contributing Member

You are a racist. Probably think Trump's doing a bang up job, too.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, only an idiot would legitimately think that. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and just suggest that you haven't had any coffee this morning or that you are off your meds or something. Best of luck to you with that.

18. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Bash Bob all you want but leave Kaep out of it. Not a single other team has given him a shot. Are all the other owners bigots who hate players expressing themselves? I know Bob is worse because he actually opens his mouth like an idiot (although I guess expressing your beliefs is only okay if you are a player) but the other owners silently have the same feelings towards Kaep so let that narrative die.

19. body slam

body slam Member

I personally believe Bud took Vince as it was a big FU to the city Houston. Not for his talent.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's very possible, but a LOT of people bought into the VY hype....myself included back then. Drafting VY wasn't the awful thing he did to the BE-SF's, it was forcing him into the starter role time and time again against the head coach's wishes. Trying to make VY a thing well after it was clear he was a draft bust set the team back several years.....to the point where they are only now finally recovering.