1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rudy T not elected in HOF

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Mar 28, 2018.

1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Ridiculous.

saleem likes this.
  2. texian

texian Member

3. topfive

topfive CF OG

THIS YEAR!

4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Dude...

tinman likes this.
  5. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

This is absolutely bullSh**.. There has to be a way we as a collective can voice our displeasure.
    As a basketball player
    College accolades - check (2 x big east first tem)
    As an NBA plyer - check (5 x all star) 1 finals
    As a coach -check (2 nba championships and a gold medal)
    He's an icon to the city of Houston.
    This is an absolute travesty. Both careers were cut short. A punch as a player and cancer as coach. Those were out of his control. Of all the names listed for this year, Rudy T deserves it most.

6. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

How’s many coaches in NBA history have won back to back championships?

Kundla, Auerbach, Russell, Riley, Daly, Jackson, Rudy, Spoelstra.

And both of Rudy’s teams had only 1 all-star. (Granted, Drexler was all-star caliber, but wasn’t an all-star in 95.)

Rudy should get in just for uttering one of the most iconic lines in NBA history — “Don’t EVER underestimate the heart of a champion!”

7. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Travesty

saleem likes this.
  8. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Clutch or anyone should start a campaign for Rudy, it should last the entire year until voting starts. Guy Lewis eventually got in. Craig Biggio and Jeff Bagwell got in eventually in the Baseball Hall of Fame. Somebody should start a website, taking a petition, create awareness to the voters.

9. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I am there "Rudy T in the hall of fame Matters"!

saleem likes this.
  10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Sad day for basketball.

He'll get it eventually

saleem and vince like this.
  11. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

This just PISSES ME OFF! Rudy T's accomplishments are real...

- All-American and U of Mich all time leading rebounder (48-yr old record)
    - 2nd overall pick in the draft
    - 5-time NBA All-Star
    - Olympic Gold-Medal Winner
    - 2-time NBA Championship Coach (Back-to-back)

WTF is wrong with these people??? If KWash hadn't almost killed him, his NBA career would have been even greater and he still managed to return and play at a high level. Dude has overcome adversity and will forever be know for saying "Never underestimate the heart of a champion".

If Tilman can do something else for us, it would be to bring Rudy back in some capacity to the Rockets.

I don't feel better, this just sucks!

12. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Harden is a 2x MVP. Rudy T is a HOFer aswell.

RocketWalta likes this.
  13. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah playing career was legit, till Kermit bullshit, then coaching for sure and people sometimes forget he coached the 3rd dream team to gold with not so great players vs teams 1 and 2.

He didn't bring us home a Bronze like that 2004 fiasco... HOF is a joke ****ing T-Mac is in it and he never even won a playoff series, at least Rudy got to the finals as a player too, imagine if he was there before that worse than a sucker punch.

**** the HOF

slothy420 likes this.
  14. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

It's like they forget the Kermit incident, even if he just had the resume for coach/olympics coach and college he should be in there, then throw in the NBA career and he's for sure there even w/ Kermit's **** punch. I mean it's like these voters don't know ****, I'm thankful he survived that **** to piss these assholes off to help l bring h-town two chips with hakeem on one, and then Clyde joining on the other, **** the media.

Hell if Malone didn't get to bear hug Clyde in 97 or if Barkley didn't hurt his arm in 98 against the jazz series we might have got to piss the media off more :) I'm not sure on 97 since a game 7 (obviously I'm biased towards rockets and hate the jazz), but 98 looked legit to knock them off

#54 CCity Zero, Mar 29, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
    Shark44, slothy420 and saleem like this.
  15. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Your history is true

CCity Zero likes this.
  16. the shark

the shark Member

Lou Carnesecca (St John's coach) appeared in ONE final four.......in the HOF

John Chaney (Temple coach) NEVER made it to the final four......in the HOF

I can go on and on about countless others that are in the HOF that pale in comparison to Rudy T's playing/coaching career.

Th HOF is one big SHAM!!!

Patience likes this.
  17. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He was a 5 time All Star
    A magnificent post! It's a history lesson for the younger Houston Rockets fans. I'm convinced that if Barkley hadn't gotten injured the Utah Jazz would have been beaten for sure. Barkley put Karl Malone under tremendous pressure, and they had no answer for Hakeem the Dream.

18. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Yes, and? How many all-star appearances are required to make someone a lock for the hall of fame in your eyes? Does it matter that he was a starter only one of those five appearances?

saleem likes this.
  19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I find it difficult to understand what criteria did they use to select Tracy McGrady to the HOF. Rudy played in the NBA final, in addition to being a 5 time All Star. If he hadn't gotten wounded, he would have even done better.

CCity Zero and Patience like this.
  20. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Jason Kidd, Steve Nash, Mo Cheeks, and Grant Hill have all been announced to be in the hall of fame this year. I agree with Kidd and Nash over Rudy, and there's an argument to be made for Grant Hill, but Mo Cheeks? As a coach he has failed miserably, and as a player, his career isn't any more glamorizing than Rudy's. The guy averaged 11 points on his career, won one championship and was only a four time all star during a 15 year span. Really an outrage.

Patience, saleem and Invisible Fan like this.