1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Feigen] "I would like to keep playing Green" -- MDA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heypartner, Mar 14, 2018.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Note: If someone starts a "We're not that good, yet" -- Harden thread, it's from the same article.

I think the MDA quote is more important. Aside from the Green/JJ debate, both Harden and MDA are speaking to why rising contenders need to run through the regular season finish-line for continued chemistry-building that dynastic teams don't have to do.

Even with upcoming schedule, Rockets focused on themselves

By Jonathan Feigen, Houston Chronicle | Published 5:52 pm, Tuesday, March 13, 2018

[​IMG]

"We know we have a couple of goals," D'Antoni said. "We want to finish first, get home court advantage, make sure everybody's healthy; we got to get Ryan back for sure, trying to find out the rotations, the right rotations. I would like to keep playing Gerald (Green) and even when Ryan comes back, everybody can play 20, 25 minutes, and then try to get in the playoffs as healthy and full of energy as we can without compromising the home court advantage. We still would like to do that."

'We're not where we want to be," Rockets guard James Harden said. "We're not that good yet. So we have to go out there and approach every single game, no matter who we're playing, like it's a playoff game. We're 15 games away, so it's time to take it serious.''

"I hate to be repetitive, but it's about us," he said. "Every game we go into we're trying to continue to build, and we don't want to start having bad habits and start just letting teams do whatever. As for us, it's about consistency and building."

#1 heypartner, Mar 14, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
  2. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Seems he is improving game by game. He start putting the ball down and driving more. Granted, he still take some crazy shots.

3. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Deserves.

hakeem94 and Mazulis like this.
  4. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Dose minute restrictions...

[​IMG]

5. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

"I'd like to keep playing Green... but I have 6 other guys I like more - and the rotations are what they are!"

LOL!

arno_ed, Cash Cam, mockster and 7 others like this.
  6. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

At least he takes them. I hate when Joe, Luc, Chris and Tuck play hot potato with the ball. Luc is notorious for not taking the damn open three and then committing a turnover on his drive.

7. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

It appears that Coach Harden had a sit down with assistant coach Mike.

8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Coach Harden is a true leader and a perfectionist par excellence!

9. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Os Trigonum likes this.
  10. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Hard to believe given Johnson's minutes. I know Green is playing more with Ryno out, but I expect more our less the same for Green when Ryno returns.

Gonna have to see it to believe it

mikol13, BigMaloe, alethios and 9 others like this.
  11. topfive

topfive CF OG

[​IMG]

OMG! He lost three more fingers!!! :eek:

12. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Green is a professional scorer. And a humble af playa.

FREE THE GREEN MEAN FIGHTING MACHINE.

I swear to god. He is so hungry to score.

I want him to retire a Rocket.

Please God, please.

Thank you.

Tankeio, bilaal14, D-rock and 10 others like this.
  13. kjayp

Hysterical!
    It's hard to keep up with MDA's bs... he just said like a month ago that 'the rotations are what they are' so GG wasnt gonna get minutes... and then a couple weeks ago he was jawing about an 8 man rotation for the playoffs...

I'd like to think the dude is finally getting a clue on minute management... limiting harden to 29 and CP3 to 23 - with the highest minute total being ariza at 31, against the Spurs is GREAT improvement over his normal rotations/usage rates... think back to that Knicks game where we up like 30 - and still had starters on the floor in the 4th...

Personally I think MDA is getting set straight about his stubborness is some areas... whether its DM or Harden or CP3 - idk... maybe he's just come to realize its about winning a chip - and not just inflating his reg season offensive numbers...

Fingers crossed that he's come to realize... lol

14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Whatever it takes to get less Joe Johnson is cool with me

16. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Pops is that you??

jevjnd and hakeem94 like this.
  17. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Green can rise up and get his shot pretty much anytime he wants especially if Harden and Paul are on the floor to pull the best defenders. I think he will definitely be the X-factor because teams will try to trap Harden.

Mr. Dominant likes this.
  18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

hes unbelievable and a JOY TO WATCH

19. hakeemthagreat

It's a toss up. Green brings a certain energy & aggressiveness off the bench, along with athleticism. But he's not playing over EG. You can make the case he should play over Joe Johnson, but I trust Joe more based off his experience in the postseason. Put it this way, if we're playing a elimination game against GS I'd fee more comfortable with Joe out there than Green. But personally I like Green better

Dankstronaut and Madmanmetz like this.
  20. kjayp

... then we can realize my true dream - A 6 MAN ROTATION throughout the playoffs!"

lol

hakeem94 likes this.