1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Duane Brown traded to Seattle

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Oct 30, 2017.

1. texian

texian Member

He was frozen out by the GM... on purpose... we had gobs of $$$ and if he were a free agent he be at the top of the OT list.

2. Nimo

Nimo Member

Nah. He had a contract dispute. Not uncommon. He sat out probably trying to get the FO to do something they rarely do. The FO didn't budge (probably because ownership didn't want to further continue a precedence). Most players at that point, just show up and play. If his sitting out wasn't really about the money, then what was it about? What was the FO supposed to do?

csj likes this.
  3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Well when we are paying Nate Solder twice the salary for half the production at least we will have our morale victory to stand on!

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  4. Nimo

Nimo Member

Paying Solder about $20 per year? Seriously doubt it.
    Duane Brown was done. He didn't want to play for the Texans. He himself went on TV last night and said it wasn't all about the money. I have a feeling if it was they would have worked something out.

5. texian

texian Member

Exactly.

It was not about the money... all we had to do was extend and guarantee him.

Rick stopped responding to him/his agent from January on.

6. Nimo

Nimo Member

If it was that easy, how come he is playing in Seattle under the exact same contractual conditions?

7. justtxyank

It started about the money and spiraled from there.

I'm not going to crush them for the Duane decision but I hope it doesn't get made into a worse situation by paying a ton of money to Nate Solder who we will all be wanting to cut in two years tops for salary room to sign a better tackle.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  8. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Brown talking about the Texans in & out environment with the team is still is not a good look. Players respect Duane

Nimo likes this.
  9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Spite probably. Brown even said on Arian Foster's podcast that he was just looking for the Texans to guarantee some of the money left on his deal. Reassurances, that's all. I wonder how bitter this upcoming Solder contract (never made a prowl BTW) is gonna taste for McNair and Co.

Meh, McNair blew $36 million on Brock.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  10. Nimo

Nimo Member

Did it? Do we know what it started with. Dude didn't say squat. lol I was on his side the whole time and beat the Texans up for not fixing the issue or at least having a contingency plan. But now that he got a good deal and he got traded, his mouthing off is really annoying.

On NFL Network, Duane was asked how he feels if the Texans pay Solder all this money but yet traded him because they didn't want to pay him. That's when he said it wasn't all about the money.

11. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Its been like this on the offensive side for few years. Just a mess at qb (until Watson) and now a mess at ol (and probably rb and te).

The coaches thought the OL would be fine without Brown. That's what we heard from patdstat and John harris.

12. justtxyank

Those two guys who laughed at people for criticizing the oline before the season.

“Nobody in the building is worried about the oline.”

I mean I like pat well enough and hope for his recovery, but he openly mocked people for critizing the oline.

The Texans drink their own koolaid and their media schills fall for it because the Texans believe it.

13. csj

csj Member

Indeed he did, and it was clearly a lie. Brown was a sure starter, his remaining money was effectively guaranteed anyway.

It's lies like this that make it clear who Duane Brown is. He wanted another big payday and tried to blackmail the organization into it, then drug race into the equation when his holdout didn't work.

Yes, it was not just about money, it was about Brown's character. Texans wanted none of it.

14. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Exactly, so I don't see a mystery why duane is gone. The coaches didn't think they needed him and the owner hated his politics

15. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Can we move on from Brown? The Texans have...

raining threes likes this.
  16. REEKO_HTOWN

Can't be talking about Character when your owned by Bob "The Warden" McNair.

red5rocket likes this.
  17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

18. csj

csj Member

Sad you have such a limited understanding of such a fundamental issue. "The Warden" thing is clever, but embarrassing, and no one with a working brain is interested in the constant sliming of the owner. That's Brown's tactic and he's a liar and a malcontent.

19. REEKO_HTOWN

No-one was more interested in sliming the Owner than the Owner himself LMAO! Remember that statue he was getting? No more http://abc13.com/sports/plans-to-build-bob-mcnair-statue-put-on-hold-according-to-emails/3014567/.

You're getting so old you can't see the forrest for the trees. It's ok though, live through your memories of a simpler time where bigotry and racism were just the norm.

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member