1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2 game without Chef Curry

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by OTMax, Mar 12, 2018.

1. OTMax

OTMax Member

Sure, not against the easiest competition, but it should tell us this about the Warriors and Rockets:

- Durant should not be in MVP conversations nor he is the best player of that team
    - Curry is indeed the man, he leads and controls the game for them
    - Klay has shown he's not that competent when they zone in on him
    - Warriors are not as good as they once were, if a key player out means automatic losses
    - Rockets are very deep and hungry as without key players we still manage to win

Watch how the national media will defend the Warriors here and not give the Rockets credit for their winning ways even with key guys out.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I don’t think the media, or anyone, should be overreacting to a few regular season losses to playoff teams.

Patience, Sajan and Asian Sensation like this.
  4. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

Add that they haven't been playing "motivated" and I think it could start to be a big deal. They are another injury to Curry's ankles from hitting the panic button. In my opinion... ALL of these issues are a result of them depleting their depth for Durant.

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Cupcake Snake's legacy keeps on taking hits with each passing day. His stupid Uber interview about the "top two in the world" must be revised.

Objectively I would put:

1. LeBron
    2. Harden
    3. Davis
    4. Curry
    5. Durant

KD has never played without a former or future MVP on his team. His b**** ass would be an 8th seed at best on a team by himself.

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Durant needs more help.

7. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

If Harden wins a ship this year, then his legacy immediately jumps him to second best in the 2010-2020 decade.

He would easily pass Durant in my opinion.

dragonwill and ghettocheeze like this.
  8. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Curry is a more efficient scorer than shaq in his prime. Just think about that. He leads the league in TS%. the next 10 guys are Centers and Forwards. None of them average over 20 points. Curry's gravity is real. They would rather stop his 3 point shot rather than letting people go for layups.

9. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

To be honest, if Curry isn't back for the Lakers game. I see LA beating them too.

10. Sajan

Sajan Member

Lack of depth catches up to everyone.

11. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, i never understood why everyone or at least a lot people were/is always saying "Durant is the best player after/with Lebron" etc...is this even proven by something? No.

Harden > Durant

Swiss Roll and ghettocheeze like this.
  12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

They use the DaDakota metric
    Pick the taller guy

Rocket River

13. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

I dont know the Warriors still have plenty of depth and talent to beat the Blazers and a Butler-less Wolves even without Curry. What this does tell me though is how mediocre of a coach Steve Kerr actually is. One of the biggest duties of a coach is to keep his players focused and motivated. I understand this could be their potential 4th consecutive trip to the finals and motivation will dwindle but this is all on him. The Warriors completely look lazy and sloppy out there. They still have enough talent on that roster to beat any team not named Houston or Toronto with either Curry or Durant out on a given night. There is some ridiculous state I remember reading that the Warriors at like 52-4 in games where Kerr doesnt coach in the Kerr era. As JVG constantly states a coach is as good as his players.

This is really more on Kerr than anything else and I do believe that if the Warriors actually face adversity that they will self-implode in a lot of ways. I've never believed them to be mentally tough, despite being supremely talented. Of course this is the same knock Harden has had in the playoffs but we've gotten guys around him now that are in Paul, Ariza, Luc, Tucker and despite what people say about his recent poor play ISO Joe too.

There has been a lot of talk of how the Warriors are just coasting right now and at least to me I just dont know how much of that is actually true. They've never coasted before in the past in the same way. Their coasting before was always just rest 1-2 guys, but they are legitimately losing these games because of lack of focus. Thats not something you can immediately switch on or off unless you have that alpha dog mentality. LeBron does that but we've all seen how he goes from lamb to lion in no time. Shaq and Kobe are the same. Who does that on the warriors? Curry isn't that type of person and Durant openly (to his credit) states how he doesn't prefer to be a leader but is fine with following Curry. Draymond maybe the only guy, but he is not talented enough to be that guy.

I dont think the Warriors are in "serious" trouble but I do think despite what they say having HC is huge for them, way more than they let on. The only time they've faced real adversity it required a super nova game from Klay and an absolute choke job from Durant for them to lose it. And thats with HC, if games 5 and 7 were played in OKC instead of Oracle, my guess is that they would have lost in the WCF to OKC.

Its time to see if Kerr is actually the amazing coach that everyone makes him out to be or if he is an ok coach who has been one of the biggest beneficiaries of the team he has coached ever.

14. Soneca

Soneca Member

Maybe Durant simply lacks general IQ. I'm still in awe that he mentioned a couple of months ago that Capela's job was easy. That coming from the guy who bolted his team to go to someone else's team which had just win 73 games. I mean, if he wasn't part of the media's darlings, every analyst would've made fun of him for stating that stupidity. Capela worked and still works his a$$ off to be in the position he is, Durant got scared, lazy and gave up trying to win anything by his own merits. He's still a great player, but should shut up before talking about easy jobs.

Coming back to topic, the Warriors won't lose many more games even withour Curry. He makes a huge difference, but they're missing several other guys. Even if they try to be overly cautious and keep him out for a couple of weeks, Warriors-minus-Curry should be favored to win basically every game from now on, since they don't play us or the Raptors anymore. I'll be rooting against, obviously, though not very optmistic.

jevjnd and htownrox1 like this.
  15. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

New narrative: Harden is riding the coattail of a HOF Point God while Durant has to carry a team every night with 2nd rounders like Draymond and freaking Zaza.

napalm06 and Easy like this.
  16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

o yeah i would like to see lebron playing without stars in the wild west and harden playing with 2 stars in the east FOR YEARS..i somehow think your ladder would be different then

Red.Glare and ghettocheeze like this.
  17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

This is as bad as when TMac had to carry the team while much loved Yao's legs broke down, only to have TMac exposed for every flaw and weakness.

I hate the Golden Girls as much as anyone. It's just real easy for pettiness to come and bite us back.

18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Kerr is a fraud.

You would expect the Warriors to still win games with THREE all stars. Thompson, Durant, Green. One of which is a former MVP and one of which was defensive player of the year.

All that said, it isn't just Curry being out. Their weak bench is weaker because Iggy & West are out. And to a lesser extent Bell. They mean something to that team.

jevjnd likes this.
  19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

What was the most amazing thing with regards to warriors for me it was their role players ... they always seemed to play fantastic...Ezeli Bogut livingston igoudala barbosa speights barnes perhaps i forgot somebody....this year it was west mcgee

20. PhilCollins

PhilCollins Contributing Member

Ibcurry for mvp