1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Spurs @ Rockets 3/12/2018

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 11, 2018.

1. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I foresee a barrage of threes and a Rockets W.

It's crazy after so many years of dominance the Spurs are in danger of missing the playoffs. Weird man

Jake Tower and ghettocheeze like this.
  2. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Those standings are gonna change on an almost daily basis over the next month. There's nothing the Rockets can do about it. My only hope is we don't get stuck playing the Spurs(w/ Kawhi) or OKC in Round 1. The Clippers would be the perfect matchup and also a pretty interesting storyline. I wouldn't mind the Nuggets either, although given their remaining schedule, I think they'll be one of the 2 teams who wind up in the lottery.

bro2044 likes this.
  3. macan

macan Member

t
    that would be the most satisfying thing to do:)

deb4rockets likes this.
  4. Vivi

Vivi Member

Kerr "i don't think it's good for the league to rest players against playoff teams"

5. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Don't forget the jumbo coconut shrimp!

@Mathrocker

6. Samiam1234

Samiam1234 Member

Both warriors and Houston can go through the nightmare of going through Spurs in first round (with a healthy Kwahi) and Thunder in the second round, it really is a coin flip right now..

7. Samiam1234

Samiam1234 Member

haha did Steve really say that alluding to pop resting aldridge.. if so, you know he is really watching all rox games and is probably majorly pissed off at this.. can you send a link?

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  8. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Kerr can't get the Rockets off his mind

Deckard likes this.
  9. Vivi

Vivi Member

Nah, for now at least lol, it was a joke about what he said about Harden alleged (in his dumb mind) travelling when he shoots his stepback

10. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

would love to see a gif of kerr jumping up and down on the sidelines in a whiny tantrum last nite at MIN. followed up by beard's stepback "travelling" 3 over curry's helpless carcass :)

Jake Tower, hakeem94 and Vivi like this.
  11. Samiam1234

Samiam1234 Member

we should rest CP3 tonight.. I have a feeling EG does alot better when one of the two is out.. this could get his confidence level going.. Still Can't believe EG is averaging 19 ppg in 57 games played.. Have to be the quietest 19 ppg... he is basically right on par with Donovan Mitchell and Klay Thompson and yet no one one talks about him.. our silent assassin.. I'd love it if he finds his range in the playoffs and shoots 45%

IvanLCPM, BigMaloe, hakeem94 and 3 others like this.
  12. Killatron 2000

Killatron 2000 Punk Rocket

People who think James is boring to watch must not have seen the Spurs play in the last 20 years. I am looking forward to the most boring win of the season tonight. Go Rockets!

D-rock likes this.
  13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Destroy the Spurs and make Beadle cry.

That is all.

D-rock, Jake Tower, Voltik and 7 others like this.
  14. Juxtaposed Jolt

Fitting that this game is on ESPN, too.

Beadle excuses are gonna be in full effect tonight.

15. macan

macan Member

steve kerr probably jexk off while thinking about rockets

16. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

I know the Rockets are the better team, but I am most fearful of the Clippers. They match up really well against the Rockets and CP3 has had his issues playing against his former team. Also, Montrez goes crazy balls against the Rockets.

I'd rather the Rockets play Utah or Denver honestly.

17. Reeko

Reeko Member

they can compete if 1 of Harden or CP3 is out which is how they managed to beat us twice, but if both are healthy and playing then they’re a pretty easy matchup

their best offensive weapon is Lou Williams, and DJ can be taken out of games with hack-a-DJ...Trez is meh, his lack of defense and rebounding would get exposed in a playoff series...they’re pretty much just a team of nice role players, and there’s nothing intimidating about playing on the road at Staples Center in the playoffs

Utah has the 3rd best defense in the NBA and a great home crowd, and Denver can be tough at home although I’m not worried about them either

BigMaloe and bro2044 like this.
  18. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Exactly. Keys to victory are defense, rebounding and shooting. Defense will take the Spurs out of their sets, and make it harder for them to recover. Don't underestimate them, and remain focused throughout the game. Go Houston Rockets!

19. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

Pop needed to remember what lent him all his scucess in the first place, using D-Rob's injury to tank for Tim Duncan.

He should have thrown this season and gotton Ayton/Doncic/Bagley instead of being mediocre.

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  20. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

Nice to see some Dejounte vs CP3. Hope we get a win tonight. Spurs are always hard

rocketman84 likes this.