1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D'Antoni: (3/14 update) Anderson may return Saturday, Wright "further away"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by napalm06, Mar 11, 2018.

1. aroundtheblock2

I think we just started slow against TOR, the first quarter killed us. We shouldn't be changing our rotation just to match theirs, we just needed to play our game in the 1st quarter and we win that comfortably. Not worried about a TOR series at all.

Mathloom likes this.
  2. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

it is the last few weeks of the season and he's out for a few weeks.

Houstunna and saleem like this.
  3. aroundtheblock2

What are you talking about? Our last game is April 11th, we still have 4 solid weeks of basketball and he should be back with about 2 weeks remaining. This isn't even debatable lol.

4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

With Wright it's debatable, because of his continuing injuries. I would be happy if he can give us regular productive minutes before and during the playoffs.

Houstunna likes this.
  5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

And when is Ryno coming back?

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Most recent update is 3 days ago from CBS sports:

"Anderson was originally given a doubtful designation, but has since been downgraded to out and will miss his sixth consecutive game. The Rockets haven't provided any sort of update on his recovery, so he'll continue to be evaluated on a game-to-game basis for now."

Doesn't sound great.

7. hakeemthagreat

Probably making sure his legs are fresh for the postseason. My assumption is a shooter's biggest strength is his legs, hence Gordon's improvement after his extended absence. I expect Anderson to be at the top of his game in the postseason. We probably need to rest CP

BigMaloe, houston19519 and napalm06 like this.
  8. napalm06

I hope the optimistic people are right in this thread. ;)

saleem likes this.
  9. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

why there is no update on ryno, he is not even on the injured list..... i remember hearing that he just has some nagging pains, which is not counted as injuries right?

10. apollo33

apollo33 Member

When Ryno gave me an autograph in Toronto, he said his hips are still hurts a little bit and he will give it some time. Take it however you want to take it, but it didn't seem like he was 100% healed from his tone of voice.

11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Sounds like DMo's injury that has him now playing in China.

How 'bout that injured player exception folks??????

12. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

I said this before.... don’t be surprised if Anderson’s season is over.

da_juice likes this.
  13. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

That seems a little dramatic. He's been testing out his hip before games. If his season was over, why would he even be doing that? The Rockets are probably just being cautious with him the same way they were with CP3, Luc, and Ariza. None of those guys needed to be out as long as they were, but the team was doing fine in their absence so there was no reason to rush them back.

Same with Ryno. They've lost one game since he went out with an injury. Why rush things when they could buy him another week of rest by letting him sit vs San Antonio and New Orleans?

aroundtheblock2 and napalm06 like this.
  14. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Testing to see and still not returning could mean surgery is needed etc.

I’m saying the way the Rockets handle injuries .... this usually always turns out bad. I just wouldn’t be surprised.

15. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Yet Keith Jones is one of the most respected trainers in the league and our players rave about how good our medical staff is, saying they never felt as good as they have in their careers. Injuries happen, especially to people with a HISTORY of injuries before even coming here.

aroundtheblock2 likes this.
  16. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

I've never heard that about Keith Jones & why would anyone talk down on a trainer? I've always heard about Lakers (Shaq Days) and Suns with the best medical staff in the league.

History of injuries for sure. Gordon / Anderson both.

Just going with a gut feeling this could be bigger than what they initially thought.

17. chenjy9

Supporting Member

It's actually been well documented how respected Keith Jones is throughout the league. Also, it is not talking down but talking up. Ariza, Ego, and others have sworn by it and it was even used by Ariza as a recruitment reason. Additionally, Keith Jones has the following distinctions...

- Voted Trainer of the Year in 2001
    - Selected as team trainer for Olympics/FIBA 8 times

18. roslolian

roslolian Member

Yeah exactly. Nobody was bigger than me on Brandan Wright then he gets injured on the very first game he plays, and in limited mins too wtf

napalm06 likes this.
  19. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Not too surprising that a guy with a history of injuries gets injured. :p

20. napalm06

Yeah, and not just "oh, he sprained his ankle", or "he tore a muscle", it's just this month-long lingering ambiguous pain. Not good.

saleem likes this.