1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D'Antoni: (3/14 update) Anderson may return Saturday, Wright "further away"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by napalm06, Mar 11, 2018.

1. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

https://rocketswire.usatoday.com/20...t-could-miss-2-3-more-weeks-with-knee-injury/
    March 7: Mike D'Antoni says "Brandan Wright is probably 2-3 weeks away with his knee issue".

Sorry if this is posted, haven't seen much talk about Wright anywhere. In my opinion, getting Wright healthy and 5 games of regular season experience with the Rockets will be a huge boost to our playoff rotations.

He could potentially be a big difference maker in games like the Raptors and Pelicans losses.

Mike's prognosis seems to imply a possible return at the end of March. Regular season ends April 11...

bilaal14, Tfor3 and D-rock like this.
  2. travfrancis

travfrancis Member

Yikes. Sooner we get him back before the playoffs the better. The potential for a good fit is there, but he looked a little lost / out of place in his first and only game as a Rocket (understandable).

jevjnd and Tfor3 like this.
  3. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

At that point he’s just an insurance piece in my opinion

Corrosion likes this.
  4. napalm06

More like an insurance claim.

5. aroundtheblock2

He'll be in prime position to take minutes away from Nene down the stretch to get Nene rested and healthy going into the postseason. If Wright can overcome whatever this knee thing is, then I think he can be really effective for us.

TheRealAllpro likes this.
  6. napalm06

Not to mention Nene was worryingly awful in the Raptors game.

jevjnd, ak99999 and OTMax like this.
  7. aroundtheblock2

My biggest issue with Nene is the regression of his elbow jumper. I'm not asking him to win every rebound or finish every PnR under the basket, but his mid-range jumper is what was so lethal in the playoffs last year. He needs to get that back.

Louka and ak99999 like this.
  8. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

I hope he isn’t the new Greg Smith with that knee.

9. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

We have been spoiled by Capela's great play this year. Having another option would be great right now, but Wright is a lottery scratch off card. You would be foolish to count on him to contribute significantly since he is so often hurt.

10. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Yeah, that's not a lot of time to get him accustomed to how we play. He might be able to get Black's spot minutes in the playoffs, if he can hold up at all. I feel badly for him. This has been the story of his career.

11. aroundtheblock2

His role isnt that complicated and he can watch us play our games....Wright has been playing basketball most of his life...not going to take much.

bilaal14 likes this.
  12. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

I knew there was a reason why we acquired Cliff Paul.

13. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

2-3 weeks away from riding the bench

14. aroundtheblock2

He will definitely get minutes the last few weeks of the season.

15. napalm06

Maybe. A knee problem lingering this long really makes you wonder if it isn't something like microfracture.

16. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

And this is exactly why I thought keeping Black was important.

amaru, mockster and ico4498 like this.
  17. aroundtheblock2

Its not a microfracture lol. He's working with the med staff to strengthen the knee...that would be the opposite thing to do if its a microfracture and if you think Morey didn't look into Wright's healthy before signing...is that what you're suggesting, that the Rockets signed a guy with a microfracture they didnt know about?

18. napalm06

No, all I mean is that obviously something 'lingering' is going on with his knee, and it's been going on for weeks.

Healthy guys don't just stay out for 3 weeks to "strengthen" a body part.

19. aroundtheblock2

Yes they do....how long does it take for you to workout at the gym before you see some gains? I bet it longer than a month and you even have to factor in that he's probably doing other exercises to balance everything out. The Rockets have extensive resources to keep these guys healthy or as healthy as possible. Wright is working with trainers, not just sitting around waiting for his injury to heal.

20. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I agree with this.... if we need to shut him down until playoffs so be it. But he needs to work with lucas and get that shot back. He should have been the Vaginus stopper in Toronto...

D-rock likes this.