1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

FREE RYNO!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by davee, Mar 10, 2018.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

You should tell Anderson all of this its not like the Rockets are purposely limiting him. Anderson started for the Rox but didn't really do anything with it, he is the one not shooting or making the most of his oppprtunities look at Eric Gordon how come he has no problem taking shots?

Finally, maybe you don't remember but Anderson shot 39% FG and 28% from the 3 last year in the playoffs, his play just doesn't translate in the post season. If you make him part of your "Big 3" you are looking at a loss in the playoffs.

2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Where is he? Haven't seen him at all.

3. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

For all threads about on-court use of Ryno (as opposed to transactional/GM threads), imagine that some other team bought out his fat contract and we picked him up cheap. You'll find that this scenario clears your head of resentment and helps you think clearly about how best to use him. Coming off the bench for limited minutes, to spread the floor and grab some boards, seems about right to me. Also, if Ryno were to imagine himself this way, with less pressure, it might help him to take some of those shots he keeps passing up. See: Gerald Green.

Hakeemtheking and Rocket River like this.
  4. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Ryno? Is that you?

5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Actually, the Rocket's style purposefully limits one of Ryan Anderson's greatest strengths, the mid-range postup, where his numbers are astronomically good. It's unfortunate, but every single team prior to him coming to Houston was using this skill of his. Alvin Gentry was a master at squeezing every last ounce of talent out of Ryno. You can tell by the free throw rates of his previous years, he was being used entirely differently.

Also, he is still shooting .383 from three and .433 from two, which last I checked is pretty good for a role-player in our offense. Let's not go crazy here. His defense has been decent, and his rebounding has gone up too. Not a 20 million dollar player obviously, but to balance your extremism I am going to say he is a 50 million dollar player. ;)

chadyang and hakeem94 like this.
  6. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

This guy would have helped secure a win against the Raptors and made it much easier go against the Celtics. Knows how to be in the right position at the right time 9 out of 10 times.

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Honestly. . . .. Ryno seemed to be coming back to himself
    I think this rest will do him good. . . .get his head right

Playoffs. . . . .. time for Dunking Ryno!!
    Twisting Ryno
    Shooting form Alpha Centauri Ryno!!

Rocket River

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Over his last 18 games before the injury Anderson was shooting 43% from 3, so he had already refound his stroke. I don't know what was wrong with him in the month prior where he was a train wreck.

Anderson is a very valuable role player, but he's grossly overpaid which causes people to think he's worse than he is. The entire purpose of a stretch 4 is a guy who can hold his own down low on the defensive end. Anderson will never be confused with a stopper, but he never gets abused down low like we have been seeing with all of our wing players recently. His defensive problems stem more from athletic deficiencies.

With him we have the option to go with the small ball 4, or traditional big at the 4. Without him we are forced to play small ball for 48 minutes, and that is a problem.

Hakeemtheking and Kendrick Lamar like this.
  9. solid

solid Contributing Member

What has happened to him? Where is he? I thought it was a minor injury.

10. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

He is dealing with multiple injuries below the waist, the worst of them being his hip.

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The biggest issues over the previous 18 was his hesitency

Rocket River

12. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

It’s obvious now he was taking his trade value after he heard all the rumors of the Rockets trying to move him. He knew this was his best shot to win a ring and didn’t want to leave. It’s not a surprise he started playing better close and after the trade deadline.

13. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Career 36.9% shooter from 10-16 feet and 42.2% from 16ft to the 3pt line.

That's what you call "astronomically good"???

If anything, the Rockets style is boosting RA's stats because he only gets .738 pps and .844 pps from those ranges, whereas he averages 1.143 pps from beyond the arc.

This bizarre narrative that RA has some great mid-range game needs to die an immediate death. It's been around since RA joined Houston and is clearly false given the publicly available data.

14. roslolian

roslolian Member

MID RANGE POSTUP? Wtf does that even mean? Is he so amazing when he takes a shot it counts both as a mid range shot and a post up? Let me guess, Anderson is also a master of the 3 pt lay up too except Dumbtoni just doesn't know how to use him.

P.S. To whom much is given, much is expected. I don't see you celebrating every time Harden breaks double digits and when he scores his average of 20+ pts you should be creaming in your pants every damn time since you praise Anderson so much for giving so little.

Every player can be "good" when in a vacuum only when you put his play side by side his contract can you say a dude is good or bad. As good as Cp3 is I would hating on him too if he cost us 60M a year.

15. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

You don't know what a mid-range postup is?

Seriously?

16. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Look at Ryno's isolation post numbers this year. They are topsssss Dawg.

If Ryno's numbers are boosted, why was he better in NO, ORL, etc? Tell me, how was he used differently? :)

17. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

It's easier to put up numbers on a bad team. This is known.

Show me how RA's isolation post numbers are better than his 3point shooting numbers. I'll wait.

18. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Who said they were better? I'll wait...

What offense in the NBA completely eliminates the mid-range? I'll wait...

;)

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Looking like our own Chandler Parsons moment.

DD

20. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

I love the depth he gives us in the playoffs. Who would've thought PJ would fit so well at the 4, but he has been consistent enough with that corner 3 and great defensively. Just wish he was a little taller so we wouldn't get wrecked on the boards when Capela gets a breather.