1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Yahoo Sports]Exclusive: Federal documents detail sweeping potential NCAA violations

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by zeeshan2, Feb 23, 2018.

Tags:
  1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

2. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Only a matter of time.

One would think that NCAA football program's would be outlawed and caught way before NCAA basketball program's were persecuted.

This is gonna shake up with NCAA tournament and impact competition once/if team's end up getting suspended.

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

not surprising. this will continue to happen one way or the other when you have players who want to get paid.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  4. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

And as well they should be payed

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

theres fair points for why and why they shouldn't. its not as simple as yes they should be paid

6. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

No one should be surprised.

7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

The embarrassment here is on Yahoo! Sports and the NCAA and the FBI for wasting time and money on this ****.

These ****s want you to think that the scandal in college sports is not the billions and billiosn siphoned away by cartoonishly corrupt schools, administrators, coaches, and others, but the fact that a few athletes (who, unlike Mark Emmert or Pitino or Saban or whoever) are actually ****ing poor:

Oh my god, 4 and 5 figures! Of Loans! Of dollars. For playing basketball. This shocks and sickens the conscience. Meanwhile Michigan State (which is by no means alone) is reaping 9 figures (not in loans) from them and running a rape factory. We need to crack down on the former, to protect the latter.

Burn the NCAA to the ground.

8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

The FBI is investigating that Kyle Kuzma got a $6500 loan for playing basketball.

9. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Can’t imagine the NCAA will act swiftly enough to impact this year’s tourney, especially since the FBI probe doesn’t say they even looked into whether the schools knew.

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

11. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

[QUOTE

[/QUOTE]

His dad is a millionaire so please stfu with that bs

12. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

His dad is a millionaire so please stfu with that bs[/QUOTE]
    Thank you for that ignorant response.

13. PhiSlammaJamma

I'm amazed that the players aren't smart enough to really cash in. $10,000 is nothing. I still find it funny that most of the coaches in the movie blue chips are involved in scandalous activity.

14. Nook

Nook Member

Smart enough? It has nothing to do with not being smart enough.

15. PhiSlammaJamma

The whole thing wreaks of stupidity. They all broke the rules. They all got caught. And for what, pocket change.

16. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Thank you for that ignorant response.[/QUOTE]

Well my response isn't ignorant, I wasn't actually responding to your post so I don't really understand your stance or why you replying to my post, a guy like shareef will never have to be in that position unlike those players where they had not very auspicious financial circumstances or they were stupid enough to put themselves in that position.

17. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

I stand corrected. Incredibly stupid for Miller to have any direct contact whatsoever.

PhiSlammaJamma likes this.
  18. YOLO

YOLO Member

To be fair that amount of money is considered a lot to many of these players that don't have much at all coming out of high school and during their college days. Most of these guys don't have the luxury of being born into a rich fam that played at the highest level.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  19. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

Why not? The NCAA is the most corrupt organization in American sports. The fact that they are listed as a non profit organization and making BILLIONS is a complete joke. Players get penalized for transferring, having a minimum wage paying job, or even making YouTube videos and using their names for profit. I hate to use the Lavar Ball example but right now he’s looking like a genius, the NCAA wasn’t going to allow LaMelo Ball to wear his own shoes because they didn’t agree with him profiting off his OWN brand. The NCAA wants all the revenue for themsleves but why? Aren’t they a non profit?

Invisible Fan and Crashlanded19 like this.