1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I have grown to HATE JOE JOHNSON

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocketsdreamer, Feb 14, 2018.

1. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

In what world is that alright? Outside of gifted free throws, 5 points on 9 shots in 31 minutes against the league's worst team.

And 9 points on 9 shots is still bad.

2. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

The Cavs young guys are sporting 130 ORTG with no practicing. Spare me the weak excuses. Talent is talent. Johnson barely has any. The rockets offense is simple af, and all johnson is doing is holding the ball and bricking while moving like a snail on defense.

Also, Anderson can DEFINITELY rebound when his shot isn't falling, as he did tonight with 7 boards on Sacramento's garbage front court. Johnson absolutely can't and won't.

Anderson guards 4s way better than Johnson guards any position as well. Anderson struggles in space, not the paint.

I can't believe people think Joe Johnson of all people will come and play like PJ Tucker and battle as a stretch 4. It's like no one watched him when he was young.

3. topfive

topfive CF OG

Hopefully very soon.

Patience and ApacheWarrior like this.
  4. hongxingli

hongxingli Contributing Member

if you grow this fast, you will become an elephant size soon o_O

5. jayfree

jayfree Member

Joe Johnson is the X Factor!!!!!

We are undefeated when he plays

6. Blackjack84

Blackjack84 Member

Ban this idiot

7. topfive

topfive CF OG

So very, very disappointed in JoJo. Despite all the traveling, meeting brand new teammates, playing in his new coach's current system for the first time, making plans to move to a different city, ZERO practice time with his new team, etc., he only managed to score 9 points in a WIN.

Maybe it's time we cut him. It's painfully obvious that he'll never contribute to this team.

[/SARCASM]

8. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

OP a thinly-disguised formerly banned troll who has come back to life. :rolleyes:

9. jayfree

jayfree Member

Harden/Paul/Capela = 27-1 .964 winning perc.
    Joe Johnson = 1-0 1.000 winning perc.

Joe Johnson is the X Factor- we undefeated... Never lost!

10. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

[​IMG]

DonKnock likes this.
  11. Huricane

Huricane Contributing Member

@Clutch & @Will

These types of threads need to be deleted and the OP banned.

It is what the admins do on the BBS for other teams.
    It keeps the BBS clean and free from junk.
    The reason, posters don't start crappy threads or post junk because they know the admins will delete it.
    It also keeps posters from harassing insiders.

12. MarioKissoDeath

Supporting Member

Op is obviously Josh Innes here to rabble rouse. Stick to your predictable contrarian not related to sports morning talk show and leave our Rockets talk alone. How can you hate the Rockets as the “home of the Houston Rockets?”

DonKnock and payaso like this.
  13. Juxtaposed Jolt

Really wanted to stop reading after the bolded because of how kneejerk your thoughts are, but I'll humor you.

Cavs new players are young. Johnson is not.
    Cavs new young players were playing regular minutes with their respective teams before going to Cleveland. Johnson was not.

Last time I checked, it's hard for older basketball players, who haven't played basketball in a while, to get back into a rhythm. Even in such a "simple" offense.

If you look at Anderson's last 10 games or so, in which he scored less than 10 points (shot not falling), he averages like 4 rebounds a game. Yeah, that's DEFINITELY rebounding the ball.

I honestly think you're going off 1 Joe Johnson game with the Rockets, when you've had seasons worth of Ryan Anderson to make your point. I agree that it was a bad game for JJ. But I disagree that this game will be the microcosm that JJ will be, for the rest of the season. After more chemistry and reps, Johnson is going to integrate pretty well, imo.

Also, I feel like the objective for JJ was just to go out there and get shots up. No need to involved yourself in plays, no need to set screens. Just sit in the corner and watch the plays develop, see how the Rockets do things, etc. And if the ball comes your way, you've got the green light.

14. Newlin

Newlin Member

Sounds like something Pen15clubber would say. Wait a minute.......

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. theh

theh Member

It’s valentines. Why are you so desperate for attention?

16. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Epic thread failure it should have been “I have grown to hate Joe Fraudson” it’s been 1 F’n game and he had 9 points ! There really needs to be limitations on thread starting until you hit a certain number of posts.

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Wait, why are you lying. Joe Johnson played a game less than a week ago? So exactly what are you talking about?

There is no rhthym to be gained. He has shot like trash all season because he is getting an age where he can't get good looks in halfcourt at all. What used to be a weak contest is now tough for him. Why do you think Kobe couldn't hit the right side of the barn in 2016?

Johnson was getting just as many minutes as Hood and last played for Utah when he did, LMAO.

So what are we talking about here? Are we saying Johnson is performing at a terrible level all season because of age? Because I would agree.

And Anderson only averaged 4 rebounds in those nitpicked ten because he played less than 25 minutes a game in those kinds of games. Per 36 rebounding:

Anderson: 7 rebounds

Johnson: 5.5

TS%(Johnson LAST year on Utah's talented offensive team, a best-case scenario): 54.2%

Anderson: 59.9%

Johnson, even LAST YEAR when he shot 42% from 3, was still inefficient on the whole at 54 TS%. The Rockets won't even see Johnson shoot that well. So what exactly is he on the team for?

18. Juxtaposed Jolt

Such a big space taken up for all your empty words. You can format your posts a bit better than this. Come on.

Since 2/3, Utah has played 6 games - Johnson has only played in 2 of those. And if you really wanted to be specific, his last game was 2/7, so a week. Not less than a week. Exactly one week. So one week without actually playing in a real game.

Hood, Ingles, Mitchell and even Rubio are the primary options on that Utah team. Just like people are expecting JJ to be a force on offense here, you're dinging him for...not being an offensive force. No one realistically expects him to be a priority on offense. He's here to provide veteran leadership and offense.

I didn't "nitpick" 10 games; the criteria was games in which Anderson's shot wasn't falling, so I looked at the most recent games in which he scored 10 or less points. That's reasonable, right?

And lol okay, the numbers don't lie. The 29 year old 6'10" PF is averaging 1.5 more rebounds than the 36 year old 6'7" SF, per 36 minutes. You really got me there, pal! Why are you even comparing their rebounding stats?

Is...is it because you literally have nothing else to hang your hat on?

Lastly, your point on TS%. Ok, Anderson is statistically better. But most of his shots were wide-open 3s, even if they were from a bit farther than your average 3. You think Johnson's offense in Utah was all wide-open 3s? Come on.

tl;dr Stats can tell you a lot, but they clearly don't tell you the whole story.

19. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

who?

20. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

dunno, we need the internet supersleuths to figure it out

hakeem94 likes this.