1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Timberwolves 2/13/2018

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Gotta admit, it is staggering to me Morey IS STILL on the hunt for more players. Jesus.

I have mentioned Mo Speights many times and he is a good fit as a 3pt shooting C. You can then play "5-out" and really spread the court. Mo played with CP3/Luc for a year with the Clippers so there is a connection there. Would love to add him to the Rockets.

And if all of these "add ons" are having fun, hopefully they will consider hanging around next season. It will be a tight market, and if they have made some bank already, I could see them wanting/willing to stick around.

2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

morey be like, all the buyouts are belong to us

3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

OBLIGATORY

4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Kerr be like:
    It's an embarrassment. I think the league is so happy with all the scoring that it doesn't want to enforce stuff like that.
    [​IMG]

5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Kerr didn't coach the Warriors versus the Suns last night because he needed more time to contemplate Harden's step back jumper! It vexes him!

6. The Greyhound 33

Two haha

Tfor3 and hakeem94 like this.
  7. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Are the shiny new toys going to be available for play time?

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

nope. BW isn't going to be available til the next game. and JJ still needs to clear waivers

saleem and ghettocheeze like this.
  9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Refocus and play good defense, rebound, move the ball. The shots will fall, even if they don't from the beginning.

Go Houston Rockets!

DonKnock likes this.
  12. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Speights would officially make Ryno obsolete. Floor spacing big man, except he actually has the guts to shoot and can actually rebound. Defense is terrible, but not like Ryno is that much better. Ryno's only advantage was that he was a complete professional and good locker room guy, which is apparently no longer the case.

Deuce likes this.
  13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Nods.

14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

ryan actually shot more and made more 3pters than Mo this year and a lot more in his career shooting better percentages and much higher volume
    Rhyno isn't afraid to shoot, hes careful and cautious not to shoot it when he is not feeling it, which i approve because its a smart thing to do, why force the issue when there are others who are hot that night or feeling better...his cautiousness is not his fault but virtue...he is a team player, and we lost a lot of games in the past when e.g. Eric gordon ariza or harden were forcing it, shooting 2- 13 on 3 pointers when cold, when other more favorable shots should of been looked for

15. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

Wolves are known for their team chemistry, gonna be a tough one.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. SwangthruHOU713

SwangthruHOU713 New Member

Brandan Wright was just signed yesterday, Joe Johnson probs will be signed later today. So I'd say the new guys won't go tn because they still need to practice and get acclimated.

ryan_98 and DonKnock like this.
  17. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Speights has only been a shooter for the past three years. Anderson also plays more minutes and been a starter on several teams. Of course he’s is going to beat Speights in volume and percentages when you look at the entirety of their careers. For the past three years their percentages and volume per minute are very similar. 2.9 3PM per 36 minutes for Ryan vs 2.7 3PM for Speights. 38.6% for Ryno vs 37% for Speights. Plus, Ryan gets the benefit of playing next to Harden right now whereas Speights has to play in Orlando.

For someone who is supposed to be a dedicated shooter and scorer, I expect more out of Anderson. He’s passing up on shots now. He’s taking fewer threes per minute and shooting a lower percentage than Ariza, a defensive role player. You call it smart and selective, I think it’s actually disruptive to our offensive. Ryno isn’t a great passer, if he passes up on a shot he’s supposed to take or hesitates the whole offense has to reset. PJ and Luc rarely hesitate and they’re defensive role players too. If everyone on this team had Ryan’s mindset our offense would suffer. If Gerald Green passed up shots he wouldn't even make the team.

18. joeson332

joeson332 Member

NOICE

19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

per 36 is a misleading stat for the purpose of discussing volume of shooting

the bolded just proved my point. EXPERIENCE

disruption caused by rhynos passing shots is less harmfull than hardens gordons and arizas chucking 10 attempts per game in the past only to hit 2 shots

when you say he is NOW PASSING SHOTS what do you mean? hes not always passing shots only sometimes you are generalizing too much unnecessarily demonizing the player just because he is earning a lot of millions and is an integral part of this awesome team

20. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Yeah, I'm a little apprehensive. The Rockets have been on auto pilot since laying waste to Cleveland. I hope they haven't already taken off for the All Star break. They better show up!!!!